Thread: Price range of circular polarizers?

Default Price range of circular polarizers?

hi guys,

any idea how much the cheapest is? cant really find in the threads.. HOYA is $20+? if theres an earlier thread on this.. kindly provide the link yea? thanks!

Default Re: Price range of circular polarizers?

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    hi guys,

any idea how much the cheapest is? cant really find in the threads.. HOYA is $20+? if theres an earlier thread on this.. kindly provide the link yea? thanks!
    Price depends on the filter size of your lens.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

How about 55mm lens?how much would it cost?By the way, is it ok if i leave the circular polariers on the lens?I know its good for landscape but if i use it for potrait,is it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jerry2308
    How about 55mm lens?how much would it cost?By the way, is it ok if i leave the circular polariers on the lens?I know its good for landscape but if i use it for potrait,is it ok?
    55mm ones also depends on which brand you buy. Hoya for example sells around $20+. Usually people wouldn't use CPLs for portraits but landscaping and reduction of refilection through glass, mirrors and water is fantastic.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.