Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pls be nice n smile to fellow photographers

Default Re: pls be nice n smile to fellow photographers

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    If I'm shooting, typically I'll check if my ass is blocking anyone. Typically I'll smile a little & nod my head.
    LoL... next time if i see anyone one that keep look at his ass i'll know its probably you! hee hee

oh ya,
    i think its also a good practise to keep urself away and wait till the other photographer finished then go in n take the shot too...

Quote Originally Posted by boen
    oh ya,
    i think its also a good practise to keep urself away and wait till the other photographer finished then go in n take the shot too...
    Eh.. this one got to depend on situation ... sometimes you will just meet some butts that once planted refuse to move type.. or the vip in a group shot is say PM LEE... then confirm cannot wait liao...

Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu

Eh.. this one got to depend on situation ... sometimes you will just meet some butts that once planted refuse to move type.. or the vip in a group shot is say PM LEE... then confirm cannot wait liao...
    oh ya,
    what u say is true..
    heh, what i really wanted to say is to shoot certain object or things.. not those situations (like wedding..event...)
    thanks!

I normally smile if eye-contact with another photographer. It is nice to see another photographer & see what equipment even whether it is a compact camera or a DSLR. whether amateur or pro. We share the same interest & appreciate the hobby.

Was that "smileless" photographer with wife & kids?

If so, perhaps the hobby crashed with wife that day......quarrelled & black face....& the mind goes "!@#$%^&*)(" like a faulty TV set with "noise" signal only.

It can be a big challenge outing with wife, kids & bag of Camera & lenses (perhaps with tripod).

Still, I think there are some people who are really "songmong" or "social-handicaps" who don't know how to smile & be gracious. please forgive them.

Quote Originally Posted by rokieto
    I normally smile if eye-contact with another photographer. It is nice to see another photographer & see what equipment even whether it is a compact camera or a DSLR. whether amateur or pro. We share the same interest & appreciate the hobby.

Was that "smileless" photographer with wife & kids?

If so, perhaps the hobby crashed with wife that day......quarrelled & black face....& the mind goes "!@#$%^&*)(" like a faulty TV set with "noise" signal only.

It can be a big challenge outing with wife, kids & bag of Camera & lenses (perhaps with tripod).

Still, I think there are some people who are really "songmong" or "social-handicaps" who don't know how to smile & be gracious. please forgive them.
    no, he;s alone...
    infact i saw him again last night @ hougang when i'm cycling home.
    still that smiless face.. heh
    am i lucky or what. hahah
    i was with wife that afternoon..
    but its true when u go out taking shoots with wife tagging along, n u tend to rush as u dun wan her to wait too long for u.

Quote Originally Posted by dragos
    weird, but i tend to smile at other photographers whom might be covering the same event...
    Hi all,

Sometimes when I smile to other photographers in the same event... They looked away.

Got once whereby I said "Hello" at the other photographer also covering the same event, he walked away!!!

I think I must have spoken Jupiterian language or what?

Regards,
    Jack
    Last edited by hanqiang1011; 3rd April 2006 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011
    Hi all,

Sometimes when I smile to other photographers in the same event... They looked away.

Got once whereby I said "Hello" at the other photographer also covering the same event, he walked away!!!

I think I must have spoken Jupiterian language or what?

Regards,
    Jack
    very very "jia lat" man...
    jus can't understand their mentality..heh

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Please supply us with a detailed list of the locations you usually shoot.
    When there's an event, I'll be there...
    Just look for my signature bigma lens...

Quote Originally Posted by boen
    very very "jia lat" man...
    jus can't understand their mentality..heh
    The only time I encounter an unsmiling photographer is when their gear had just rolled on the floor.... Then whole day long will be having a black face.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123