Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 FORMULA 1 Foster's Australian Grand Prix. (2 Apr.)

Default Re: 2006 FORMULA 1 Foster's Australian Grand Prix. (2 Apr.)

fun race, I watched the A1 GP too, that race was also fun to watch. Very neat of Alex to get that much needed victory.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolFix
    Kimi didn't win becos of his own mistake, flatspotting his tyre while overtaking Button.
    I do not think Kimi would have beaten Alonso, even if he did not flatspot his tyre. Please also remember that he changed the nose under the Safety Car period, hence his "time" lost is not that significant.

You may also want to take note that Alonso lost all the lead he has built up with the various Safety Car periods

Did anyone happen to have recorded it, and still have the recording ? I could not watch it as I was at the airport (ironically, Melbourne !) waiting to board a plane to come back to Singapore. I know the result, but would not mind watching the race, if a kind soul can help Thanks in advance !

Wow, can someone post the results here?
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

www.itv-f1.com,

Probably the best Aus race I've watched since 99/00 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    Wow, can someone post the results here?
    Bro wrx_sti_22b, here are the results: http://www.formula1.com/archive/grandprix/2006/753.html

Great race, the crashes and safety car took quite a bit of the limelight too.

Alonso would have won by a mile if not for the safety car coming out numerous times.

Anyone from the Forum was at Albert Park, Melbourne for the race? Have been to Melb many times, including the Grand Slam tennis, but never to the F1...

I do not think Kimi would have beaten Alonso, even if he did not flatspot his tyre. Please also remember that he changed the nose under the Safety Car period, hence his "time" lost is not that significant.

You may also want to take note that Alonso lost all the lead he has built up with the various Safety Car periods
    Whether Kimi could have won is pure conjecture. If he had not flatspotted his tyre, he might have caught up with Alonso or at least have given him a good fight. He lost an average of 2 seconds a lap to Alonso while driving on the flatspotted tyre, yet he managed to catch up with Alonso after replacing his front wing and tyres. He was within 1.8 seconds of Alonso at the chequered flag.

Kimi has the rest of this season to prove if he's a better driver or not. To do so, he should be finishing above Alonso in the individual standings... (Forget about the ifs and buts)

Ya, Kimi HAS got to raise to the occasion this year. Like what some have said, "Luck is sometimes made."

Go Kimi, go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12