Thread: 50mm 1.4 help pls

Default 50mm 1.4 help pls

Newbie here need advice ,pls help ..thks....
    Just want to know if i got the 50mm1.4 , its that ok if i dont need the external flash for indoor shot like wedding . ????Thks a lot.

Default Re: 50mm 1.4 help pls

Quote Originally Posted by tphua
    Newbie here need advice ,pls help ..thks....
    Just want to know if i got the 50mm1.4 , its that ok if i dont need the external flash for indoor shot like wedding . ????Thks a lot.
    Nono don't get the wrong perception of 'being a bright and fast lens, flash dun need to use' thinking.

Your case is usually possible if lightings indoors are cast onto the subject you want to take. Of cos natural lighting is best but what if the light is very low or need to fill in flash to illuminate the subject? Then flash is a must cos if the lightings are not good, no matter how u shoot at f/1.4 will also be dark.
    Last edited by Snoweagle; 2nd April 2006 at 12:59 AM.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Default 50mm 1.4 help pls

thks snoweagle for quick reply.How abt if asa up to 1600 and the EV step +1.0? Its that working for low lighting??? Thks again..

Quote Originally Posted by tphua
    thks snoweagle for quick reply.How abt if asa up to 1600 and the EV step +1.0? Its that working for low lighting??? Thks again..
    this will result in high noise...n may introduce blur in photo with EV+1...do correct me if im wrong...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz
    this will result in high noise...n may introduce blur in photo with EV+1...do correct me if im wrong...
    Yes. You are right.

Frankly, don't think that getting a fast lens means you can do away with your flash. If you don't believe, try it and I bet you'll be pulling your hear out or banging your head on a wall after that...

Now i got it,thks a lot guy.....xia le.......