Thread: get camera with AA batt or Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery?

Default get camera with AA batt or Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery?

which 1 will b better?

Default Re: get camera with AA batt or Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery?

To me i prefer Lithium-ion batt..

how long does it lasts for the lithium ion batt? n how much is it? the price range?

for example C*sio offers some of its cams with Super Batt Life, believe some models are AAs, some Lithium. Think some Sonys are Extra Long Life on AAs.

I would always prefer AAs over Lithium for Compacts/P&S. They are available everywhere and you neednt hassle with buying a [expensive] 2nd Propietry Lithim Battery or keeps running ard to get BOTH Lithium charged wherever you go, esp on the road.

Dont forget also, once the current Lithium charge lifespan is up in about 1yr of regular use, then you would be running BACK to the service centre to buy an identical one at THEIR OFFICIAL QUOTES. AAs? Even my minimart downstair sell rechargeable ones!
    Last edited by black.ink; 2nd April 2006 at 09:37 AM.

prefer lithium ion...get 3rd party one.cheaper....maybe i phobia of AA..my previous cam uses 2 AA..but if i go one whole shoot need 3 sets(2x3=6) of AA batter........lithium ion last longer..maybe now technology better....for AA

AA batt..Cause troublesome to bring along spare batt but AA batt onces run out then can just get it at stores..

Quote Originally Posted by black.ink
    Dont forget also, once the current Lithium charge lifespan is up in about 1yr of regular use, then you would be running BACK to the service centre to buy an identical one at THEIR OFFICIAL QUOTES. AAs? Even my minimart downstair sell rechargeable ones!
    Rechargable battery lifespan are specified as number of charge cycles. Typically about 1000 charge cycles for Li-Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by rvf79
    which 1 will b better?
    if you need the camera for travelling, then it's AA batteries. had an experience going for holiday where did lots of shots only to find out that batteries need replacement. AA batteries will solve that problem.

This is my opinion, if you are not a very heavy user, then AA battery is better, off the shelf AA battery can hold charge longer than Rechargeable Battery. The price of propritary Lithium-ion battery for camera is usually very expensive. If you buy original battery, it will cost at least $80 for most brand of cameras. For casual users, will you spent up to that amount for disposable AA batteries?

I will opts for AA rechargable battery and keep disposable AA Lithium battery as spare. When the rechargable battery goes flat, pop in the AA lithium battery while charging the batteries. Once the batteries are charged, keep the AA Lithium batteries as spare again and use the rechargable batteries for normal usage.

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702

I will opts for AA rechargable battery and keep disposable AA Lithium battery as spare. When the rechargable battery goes flat, pop in the AA lithium battery while charging the batteries. Once the batteries are charged, keep the AA Lithium batteries as spare again and use the rechargable batteries for normal usage.
    same sentiment here.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_lkt
    Rechargable battery lifespan are specified as number of charge cycles. Typically about 1000 charge cycles for Li-Ion.
    yes la THATS WHAT manufacturers put!! haha
    my exp with them over last xx yrs, with regular charging, say 2-3x/week, the user would funny feel a bit power lag down by year end..or even as early as 9-10mths i came across, affects both AA & Lithium. but least AAs are easily avail at a lesser cost.

i had went over to see 3rd party li ion batt
    they cost from 25-35....

Quote Originally Posted by black.ink
    yes la THATS WHAT manufacturers put!! haha
    my exp with them over last xx yrs, with regular charging, say 2-3x/week, the user would funny feel a bit power lag down by year end..or even as early as 9-10mths i came across, affects both AA & Lithium. but least AAs are easily avail at a lesser cost.
    Correction: Li-Ion is usually specified for around 500 charge cycles.
    If the battery is made by a reputable manufacturer, it will store at least 70%-80% of the original capacity after 500 charge cycles. The battery capacity will drop a little each time you recharge it. So it is no surprise that after a period of use, there will be a noticable drop in batteyr capacity.

But if use rechargeable AA Ni-Mh, wat i dun like is after you fully charge the batteries, you put it aside, the batteries discharges slowly by itself... after a while you take out want to use, the batteries are mostly drained.

Li-ion proprietary batteries hold their charge much longer & self discharge very little over time...
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?