Thread: Labrador Park

Default Labrador Park

Hi, wish to get some feedback on this shot. Pls comment on composition and colours, and how to further improve it. Thanks!

Default Re: Labrador Park

Colours are nice... looks more natural as opposed to other shots that tend to pump up the saturation and contrast. Even though you probably applied a magenta filter over it the effect is pleasing and it doesn't look overly processed.

My only complaint is the large boulder on the right which sits rather rudely in the frame. Smaller scattered boulders like those in the lower right of the frame would be better. The sand actually has a nice colour and texture to it so I feel you should have included more of it.

dude... awesome purple evening scape but it looks a little flat. Would dodge & burn certain areas for the subjects & details to 'pop' out. If U dont mind... here's what I'd do.... couldn't resist. Might be a little oversaturated, not workign with a calibrated monitor but U get the idea.

The line across the sand is alittle distracting, B&W works too.

Last edited by Rev; 1st April 2006 at 03:43 PM.

excellent work! i was just there today...hehe. what time did you take this?

well done i like the color

wat time you took it
    Canon User Since SLR 888
    Owner of 5D mark III

Quote Originally Posted by Rev
    dude... awesome purple evening scape but it looks a little flat. Would dodge & burn certain areas for the subjects & details to 'pop' out. If U dont mind... here's what I'd do.... couldn't resist. Might be a little oversaturated, not workign with a calibrated monitor but U get the idea.

The line across the sand is alittle distracting, B&W works too.

Thanks for ur suggestions, rev. I did notice that the line across the sand is distracting too..:P
    Anyway, the sea does look better after you dodged and burned the pic. Wonder if there's any formula to use dodge and burn, or just do it by feeling??

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    excellent work! i was just there today...hehe. what time did you take this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_sky
    well done i like the color

wat time you took it
    Thanks metallilan and love_sky. I took it at about 7pm. Sky wasn't exactly that great.. it was overcast. haha. Anyway, i added abit of colour filter in the photoshop.

Not too good at fotochop so just do by feeling, usually dodge in increments of 20%...

I think that's how they do in the darkroom as well...