Thread: dancing girl

Default dancing girl

took this on my trip to tokyo disney trip when they are dancing during a parade..
    heh..

Default Re: dancing girl

General idea is there... composition can be improved.

The 3 heads in front are distracting. Try to burn them more to darken the highlights.
    The image of the girl isn't really in focus... try using a faster shutter speed... I suspect its due to her movement rather than yours.

heh..
    okok..
    thanks for the feedback..

My 0.02: Warm Kodak moment captured. I feel the blurness in this instance works for it rather than against it. Maybe you want to consider turning it into a b/w pic instead. I agree with Solarii, the heads in the foreground are distracting. Maybe try cropping them out?

put every other technical aspect aside ... agree with hobbesyeo . It sometime actually pointless to go after a nicely expose and sharp photos from corner to center whats the point if yr photo dont speak to the viewers ?

the moments is more important thing to me and i think that u bring it out well in this shots

thanks for the compliments..
    after much thoughts n comments fr other threads, i do find the pic need a bit more sharpness, but after trying to sharpen in the photo editing software, the girl face just didn;t look the same, the moment just dun appeal to me after all.. dun know why leh.
    yes, i will crop away the distracting 3 heads.. haha..
    thanks thanks!

To be frank, I find the photo great the way it is captured. The three heads tells the story that they are happily dancing in the midst of a crowd with them in attention. It tells the story ain't it. That's my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by boen
    thanks for the compliments..
    after much thoughts n comments fr other threads, i do find the pic need a bit more sharpness, but after trying to sharpen in the photo editing software, the girl face just didn;t look the same, the moment just dun appeal to me after all.. dun know why leh.
    yes, i will crop away the distracting 3 heads.. haha..
    thanks thanks!
    Afraid you can't really sharpen a photo that's not in focus... esp. in this case. Effect won't be appealing. Which is why people usually try to get a sharp image and apply selective softening, so recreate the dreamy effect but still keep certain areas (like the eyes) in sharp focus.

But don't worry too much. Technical details can be improved with practice... what's important is that you continue to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    Afraid you can't really sharpen a photo that's not in focus... esp. in this case. Effect won't be appealing. Which is why people usually try to get a sharp image and apply selective softening, so recreate the dreamy effect but still keep certain areas (like the eyes) in sharp focus.

But don't worry too much. Technical details can be improved with practice... what's important is that you continue to shoot.
    okok..
    i will definately continue shooting...shoot n shoot... heh

Quote Originally Posted by Friday13
    To be frank, I find the photo great the way it is captured. The three heads tells the story that they are happily dancing in the midst of a crowd with them in attention. It tells the story ain't it. That's my humble opinion.
    thanks for the compliment bro...