Thread: How to inform MINDEF I'll be away during mobilization?

Default How to inform MINDEF I'll be away during mobilization?

Anyway any idea? Went to ***.com.sg and also called on phone to th Notification Centre but was informed dun need to inform them if going away for less than a day. Called my unit but no one answered the whole day! What's happening man...

Anyone any advice? Tnx.

Default Re: How to inform MINDEF I'll be away during mobilization?

IIRC you can do that on the website itself. Better make sure you let someone know on your unit side as well. As always, screw-ups might occur. Notify everybody and they still send someone knocking on my door.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckorian
    IIRC you can do that on the website itself. Better make sure you let someone know on your unit side as well. As always, screw-ups might occur. Notify everybody and they still send someone knocking on my door.
    Can do it on the website too? I was searching high and low for it... Couldn't find it. They have deferments, exit permits, overseas notification but that's for more than 24 hrs.

Will try calling my unit again tmr to inform... Dunno where the heck everyone's gone to...

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Can do it on the website too? I was searching high and low for it... Couldn't find it. They have deferments, exit permits, overseas notification but that's for more than 24 hrs.

Will try calling my unit again tmr to inform... Dunno where the heck everyone's gone to...
    Use the overseas notification function? Just state you will be gone the whole day loh. This is just a backup to sorta cover your backside. Die die must notify unit.

Blog Entries

just make sure that you have some form of black and white

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    just make sure that you have some form of black and white
    or some 'transaction' code no.
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Just did my notification at the following:

http://appi.***.com.sg/Mindef/Mnc/Sc...as/default.asp

Talking Re: How to inform MINDEF I'll be away during mobilization?

Anyway any idea? Went to ***.com.sg and also called on phone to th Notification Centre but was informed dun need to inform them if going away for less than a day. Called my unit but no one answered the whole day! What's happening man...

Anyone any advice? Tnx.
    use the online overseas notification function, you'll get a 4 digit confirmation code(can use for weekend 4D inspiration too ). Print out a copy and keep it, by right the army notification system will take your name out from the automated activation list. Make sure you are indeed overseas(especially if your unit is activated) and get your passport stamped.
    Upon your return, if your unit is activated, you will be called up to produce documentary proof of your absence, ie. the stamped passport.

Thanks, I will try to key in 1 day although it's less than that. I hope they will accept it cos I'll be gone within the day only. Tried calling my unit again but there was no one to answer my call! Very strange indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by dnd8008

Hi dnd8008,

Thanks but what's the ***? Is it "***"? I tried but doesn't seem to have that page.

Quote Originally Posted by dnd8008

Oh okie.. Think I know what it is... It's the overseas notification page right... Hmm, I guess I have no choice but to key in 2 days... Strange... They should allow 1 day notification.

Within 24 hours, I don't think you need to notifty Mindef. I ever tried before, sms to a certain number and the reply, there isn't a need for a day. But me not under manning period that time la and maybe ok. You call up mindef and ask lor and must get the person name else anything, u might be ended up in DB.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Inform your mobilisation detachment IC.

Anyone any advice? Tnx.
    NSmen are to note that notification of overseas trips will not be taken as proof of their absence from Singapore and that they have been exempted from mobilisation. They will only be excused if documentary proof is produced to substantiate your absence. They are also to note that making a notification does not excuse you from activities such as IPPT, ICT and other miscellaneous NS activities or training. They will still have to apply for deferment.

As for your case, you can still go for your overseas trip but you are required to call your Unit the moment you returned back to Singapore to check whether the mobilisation is activated. If positive, you are required to produce documentary proof i.e. your passport with the respective stamps or your boarding pass, to prove your absence during the period when the mobilisation is activated.
    Everything is under control
    .....Except the Situation.....

I just deferred the last time and here's what i did for my manning period:

1. call your unit S1 branch to get the fax number.
    2. prepare a letter stating the usual : Rank & Name, IC number, unit, date of absence and reason.
    3. Attention to the S3
    4. Fax the letter.
    5. Call the unit after faxing and MAKE SURE THEY GOT THE FAX. Also press for a reply date. (usually a day or 2, quite efficient the SAF these days.... )
    6. Confirm they reply and say it's OK to go. If not, fax an appeal letter again.

There, done and chop. Make sure you make that trip though!!!
    Last edited by speedblade; 1st April 2006 at 12:58 PM.

Deregistered

Hi dnd8008,

Thanks but what's the ***? Is it "***"? I tried but doesn't seem to have that page.
    not his fault.

it is the auto censorship CS has for the forums.