Thread: Anywhere accessible by car that can catch extremely beautiful sunrise?

Default Anywhere accessible by car that can catch extremely beautiful sunrise?

Not to take photo.. Thought of just drive someone there in the wee hours in the morning, sit and wait for the sun to rise.. preferably somewhere nice and on high ground..

I always thought Chek Jawa in Pulau Ubin will be a nice place to enjoy a good sunrise, but too bad, only choice is to camp there overnight, cannot drive there.

Default Re: Anywhere accessible by car that can catch extremely beautiful sunrise?

There is one place near Tanah Merah ferry terminal area, at reclaimation area. The best is using 4x4 to go there, it's dirt road. The entrance is guarded but tell the uncle that you are just want to look around inside. Once you going in stay at the main dirt road, it quite hard because lots of heavy truck passing this road to dump earth fill. There is one truck station inside.
    I think maybe I was the only Honda City that ever drove inside this area, because I people keep looking at me. I saw people from landrover 4x4 club inside there that time. I tried to branch to small road but I feel the land was unstable so I back off. I stopped near the seaside inside was very serene, anywhere you see just empty land and I was alone. Sometime when I remember it if I am bogged down I don't know how to direct the tow truck. The car was so dirty after venturing to that place.......

I editted the location, it should near Tanah Merah ferry terminal not in Tanah Merah itself.
    Last edited by Knighthunter; 31st March 2006 at 11:08 AM.
    W204FL

Default Re: Anywhere accessible by car that can catch extremely beautiful sunrise?

may i suggest the parking lots at/near the ferry terminal for the nsf men to go to tekong.
    its facing east. alot of open space.
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthunter
    There is one place in the Tanah Merah area, at reclaimation area. The best is using 4x4 to go there, it's dirt road. The entrance is guarded but tell the uncle that you are just want to look around inside. Once you going in stay at the main dirt road, it quite hard because lots of heavy truck passing this road to dump earth fill. There is one truck station inside.
    I think maybe I was the only Honda City that ever drove inside this area, because I people keep looking at me. I saw people from landrover 4x4 club inside there that time. I tried to branch to small road but I feel the land was unstable so I back off. I stopped near the seaside inside was very serene, anywhere you see just empty land and I was alone. Sometime when I remember it if I am bogged down I don't know how to direct the tow truck. The car was so dirty after venturing to that place.......

Now this is really really interesting!! But if i go at 4am, will the uncle be there to open the entrance for me? Hmm... If i really go in one day, it will either be a Nissan Sunny or a Hyundai Matrix.. I don't want any scratches on the cars either! Possible?
    I wish to do a recce there one day. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    may i suggest the parking lots at/near the ferry terminal for the nsf men to go to tekong.
    its facing east. alot of open space.
    Oh! i know where it is.. but it's quite an urbanize area.. i was hoping for some 'un-developed' area, which will be nicer i feel..

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Now this is really really interesting!! But if i go at 4am, will the uncle be there to open the entrance for me? Hmm... If i really go in one day, it will either be a Nissan Sunny or a Hyundai Matrix.. I don't want any scratches on the cars either! Possible?
    i am interested...

4 x 4 ?? how abt lorry or van ??
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    i am interested...

4 x 4 ?? how abt lorry or van ??
    want? we go someday with a lorry or van and recce. if scratches nevermind right? don't feel the heartpain that much hehe..

The SAF Yatch Club @ East Coast road offers excellent sunrise view. No, I am not promoting membership, I am not even a member there and its open to the public

want? we go someday with a lorry or van and recce. if scratches nevermind right? don't feel the heartpain that much hehe..
    sure..

but sratches also heart pain lah..

Don't worry, no scrubs inside. The dirt road is very wide, it can be used for two way heavy duty truck traffic. Your car will not get any scratches there. I think just stay in the main dirt road should be okay for Sunnys or Elantra. I never tried it at 4am, I was there about 9 am in the morning last time. Actually I don't mind to go in again if there is 4x4 accompany me plus rope to pull car if bogged down.

Another place is dirt road near punggol marina you can drive all the way to near the fencing of punggol beach. I saw lots of wedding photographer take some pictures there.

Another one is Charcoal Warehouse area, but lots of stray dogs there running in pack .
    W204FL

Don't worry, no scrubs inside. The dirt road is very wide, it can be used for two way heavy duty truck traffic. Your car will not get any scratches there. I think just stay in the main dirt road should be okay for Sunnys or Elantra. I never tried it at 4am, I was there about 9 am in the morning last time. Actually I don't mind to go in again if there is 4x4 accompany me plus rope to pull car if bogged down.

Another place is dirt road near punggol marina you can drive all the way to near the fencing of punggol beach. I saw lots of wedding photographer take some pictures there.

Another one is Charcoal Warehouse area, but lots of stray dogs there running in pack .
    where is this Charcoal Warehouse area ??

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    where is this Charcoal Warehouse area ??

If I am not wrong, he is refering to Lorong Halus area.

Hmm.. ponggol marina there can see good sunrise? I don't know that actually!
    Anyway if you have the chance of getting a 4x4, do let me know, we can go and take a look around (if you don't mind!)

regarding the charcoal warehouse area, pretty interesting, but because of stray dogs, i think it's not advisable to bring a girl there..

Hmm.. ponggol marina there can see good sunrise? I don't know that actually!
    Anyway if you have the chance of getting a 4x4, do let me know, we can go and take a look around (if you don't mind!)

regarding the charcoal warehouse area, pretty interesting, but because of stray dogs, i think it's not advisable to bring a girl there..
    I not sure Punggol is in East for West, no compass with me. So, I am not sure whether you can see the sunrise there.

Don't worry about the dog, they are not attacking. If they ever attack me I will beat them with my fishing rod, so far I never hear ppl got attacked there. Lots of fisho also going there for fishing......but must be careful lots of dog poo scattered around.
    Last edited by Knighthunter; 31st March 2006 at 11:07 AM.

There is one place near Tanah Merah ferry terminal area, at reclaimation area. The best is using 4x4 to go there, it's dirt road. The entrance is guarded but tell the uncle that you are just want to look around inside. Once you going in stay at the main dirt road, it quite hard because lots of heavy truck passing this road to dump earth fill. There is one truck station inside.

think i noe whr u mean... hubby ever anyhow drive inside wif his Kia Mentor. did not suffer any scratches on the car even though we drove on the lalang patches, sand and soil... very near the beach. fantastic view!