Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: model shoot on 21 DEC

Default Re: model shoot.

Originally posted by xfathom69
    Sorry guys , due to some changes from the model agency, I have to raise the rate to $50 per person. But the increase will be justified , something new will be added to the shoot.
    xfathom69, I'm curious to know what is new?

You will be the extra model?

Default hi BEAN

Bean, care to join us as observer or studio assistant?

xfathom69, I am still ok. Same studio? Only different agency?

Default Re: hi BEAN

Bean, care to join us as observer or studio assistant?
    Thanks for the invitation. I would really love to, but I have something on that day. Maybe the January session? Keep me updated!

Default -

Yes Astin , same studio, different agency. rest assured I will do a Quality Check on the model, don't want any ugly model to crack my lens

Default sorry

Sorry to those who can't reach me, I have clear my Pm . U guys can pm me now

Hi xfathom69, count me still in!

To all who post here, pls take note.

Any Banal Talks will and be deleted on request of the tread starter.

Default Details for 21 Dec Sat

Ok guys here are the details:

$50 each except for omega and radix lecti
    2 rounds of shooting ( abt 8-10 mins each)except for me and Long(5 mins only)
    The actual shoot is from 2pm -5pm(3 hrs instead of 2 because got 11)

Meeting time is 1pm at the Bugis village Burger King for those who want to learn how to setup.

For those who don't want to come for learning, u can come around 140.But U have to go directly yourself.

The address is : Treasure studio
    108 Middle Road #04-01
    Bright Chambers:

Once the lightn is set up, a short brief on the shoot, sign the agreement and pay the money.As the timing is change slightly, those who cannot make it to 5pm will shoot first.Please keep me inform.

After the shoot, u can help me clear up but if u don't want to , it is also fine as u guys are the customers, u are the king!

For those who wants printing , I will be bringing u guys to a processing Lab. If u like what u see , u can process also. During the shoot , super express printing services available.

The model is Jomatha, she is not from Jeffrey Chueng Models. She is a freelance model.She modelled for some Photographic clubs too.If I am not wrong, she is the model for PSS indoor shoot in Sep or Oct . rest assured that she is professional for the shoot .

If u do not want to join ,please inform me earlier ,otherwise the rest have to pay more or the shoot had to be cancelled.Anyone who put aeroplane will be blacklisted forever.
    Last edited by xfathom69; 18th December 2002 at 02:04 AM.

Default Re: Details for 21 Dec Sat

Ok guys here are the details:
    $50 each except for omega and radix lecti
    2 rounds of shooting ( abt 8-10 mins each)except for me and Long(5 mins only)
    The actual shoot is from 2pm -5pm(3 hrs instead of 2 because got 11)
    Sorry, I'm quite surprise now....11 person for 3 hr?
    I thought at 1st should be $40 for 6 persons shoot, each for 15mins? And now 8-10 mins?
    Actually, I dun mind paying more for more time to shoot.

Would appreciate if you can explain,why the change of plan?

Last but not least, thanks for organising such event.
    Last edited by scanner; 17th December 2002 at 01:32 AM.

Default Ok

Ok Mervlam, u can come , but not sure got time to teach or not.

For the rest , due to the numbers, observers will no longer be needed.

Exclamation explanation on change of time

I know that the original time was 1-3 for the shoot and now it is changed to 2-5. This is due the change in model timing.Please be inform that things can happen , it is not advisable to fix yr appoinment at 530 0r 600. At least give 1 or 2 hrs of spare time

U guys have the choice to pull out or not even come(fly aeroplane)

I do not have any. I have to pay deposit for model and studio.if 2 or 3 pull out or Missing in action .the shoot has to be cancelled unless the rest of the guys agrees to top up the money.
    This is not a threat,just telling u guys how difficult is it to organzie.

if things were easy , I am sure I am not the first to organzie paid model shoot.But for now, I am the First and maybe the last as well.
    Last edited by xfathom69; 17th December 2002 at 02:34 AM.

thanx, i understand. let me noe if u need any help. I will try to help u out if i can

Default To Scanner

My contact is 97612847.If u really cannot stay until 4,u can leave before 330. for the first round , u can shoot 16 mins instead of the usual timing, too bad u have to miss the second round.

I cannot give u a discount price because of the reason I give to u in my explaination. Hope u understand it.

Default Re: To Scanner

My contact is 97612847.If u really cannot stay until 4,u can leave before 330. for the first round , u can shoot 16 mins instead of the usual timing, too bad u have to miss the second round.

I cannot give u a discount price because of the reason I give to u in my explaination. Hope u understand it.
    I've PM you and do still count me in for the shoot.

Thanks.

Hi xfathom69,

Firstly, thanks for organizing such an event for those interested. I know it takes a lot to do it and get it running smoothly.

But why suddenly 11 people? Couldn't you still stick to the 6 no. limit? I think the objective was to allow those interested to practise their studio portraiture skills. Therefore pay more and get more time.

Increasing the no. of hours and people would also mean more waiting time as everybody has wait to take turns. We might as well join some photo society for their studio shoots where probably 30-40 would turn up and everybody paying something like $12 for the session. ( And they would probably use a stop watch to time each photographer to make sure that they don't exceed the time limit given)

I think that you should have got the opinion of the 6 people who confirmed first before increasing the participants. Hey! Some are willing to pay more for more time.

I look forward to this shoot but I am sad to say that with so many people it defeats the purpose.
    I will have to decline to join this session unless you limit the no. of people.

You will still have my support the next time round. Sigh!

Regards.

Exclamation model shoot plan

Here is the explaination to dreamseeker and the rest.

originally for 2 hrs we have 6 person excluding me.
    Each of the 6 person has abt 16-18 min
    while I only have 5 min

Now for 3 hrs we have 9 person with 16-18 min each.
    Me and Long will have only five mins each. therefore is no change in ratio except for extra 5 mins given to long thats all .That 5 min is taken from the time of 9 of u guys.Each of u do not even lose more than 2 mins each.It is just that we hae to increase the waiting time for that 3 person.

Since everybody want to know want to know why the increase in time and cost. by having 3 more people, we can justified the cost of paying one more hr for model and studio.

It is suppose to be some secret, but now it seem that I have to tell u why we increase the cost, this is due to we have two set of cloths. One for each round. For the first round, it is normal dress. For the second round , it is a lingerie shoot.That is why the cost has to increase to justified the overall expense.

As for the stopwatch , it is still a must as it serve as a fair way to all.

I have the above explaination justified on why the increase in number and cost. If u still want to pull out, it is fine.

For the rest, if dreamseeker want to pull out, I have to split his share into your cost.I hope u guys see the pic.If u guys do not want, we can cancel the shoot, no hard feelings. ($5 extra each)

We can still carry on if 6 of u willing to pay $75 each for 3 hr session. The total is still the same as the 9 person deal (exclude me and Long)
    Abt 23-25 min each.half an hour given for changing background and model rest.. (9 min for $25 isn't not what I consider worth)
    Last edited by xfathom69; 18th December 2002 at 01:51 AM.

Default explaination part 2

For those who still are interested.

By stating 16-18 min, it is just a guideline.
    We cannot expect everyone to have equal share, very close but not equal.

The model will be working under the modeling light for some time.It is hot for them. Therefore after a few photographers, she have to clean her sweat beads and touch up her makeup.This may use some of the time, u may want her to continue without touching up, but is that lousy makeup what u want as the end result.People may choose to be the first few to avoid this problem, but being the first few also have it's problem. Model may not have enough warm up to relax herself. That is why in the shoot, I am always the first to shoot. I will try to warm her up for the rest behind me.

Telling u guys all this may let me lose business. In the first place, I organzie this paid shoot because I want something different from photographic clubs. I hope that u guys can learn from the shoot. I am not expert or even near professional level in studio lightning . I just want all of us to learn together. If u want professional teaching , u can pay $100-$200 for courses in the photographic clubs. I am sharing with u what I have learn(not teaching)

Secondly, Profit from this shoot must justified the effort. Phones bills, transportation and admin costs. Any cancellation will result in loss of deposit from the modelling agency and studio. Who is going to pay for my losses and cost?

Darktimus can u post yr confirmation again, haven't heard from u.
    For those willing to join small group size of 6. $75 for 3 hr session or $95 for 4 hrs, u will have yr chance next month in Jan. I am switching to a new model agency Linsan models.Their booking time is a minimum of 4 hrs. (See my new thread for Jan)

http://www.linsanmodels.com
    Last edited by xfathom69; 18th December 2002 at 01:57 PM.

May I have more information on the type of model release agreement?

Default model release

the agreement is stated in the thread.Look for it in page 2.
    This agreement is for personal useage.

It is different from the commerical type of model release.If we are using it for commerical purposes, the terms and conditions will be different as it may involved royalty to the the model or her agency.
    Last edited by xfathom69; 18th December 2002 at 12:44 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast