Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSLR to reccomend?

Default Re: DSLR to reccomend?

Quote Originally Posted by shadie
    Sorry For the OT, but issit really neccessary for a good flash when taking in a low lighting area ? I mean if lets say i wanna snap those slow shutter pics to enhance the light sensitivity in the pic.. wont the flash disrupt the lights ?
    That is a bit complicated, if you want to preserve the environment light, sure you don't use flash, but you will need tripod or stable support in order not to get camera shake. But if you are taking picture of moving/action people, you will need flash to capture those movement clearly.
    Another thing, shooting at f/8 gives good colour and sharp image??
    f/8 don't give good colour, but by stopping down the lens by 1 to 2 stop (e.g. f/4 stop down to f/8 in SLR's lens), it will improve on the sharpness of the photo, especially on the edge of the photo.
    Colour is more dependant on the better material (glass vs plastic), build, coating etc, which most likely found in more high end kind of lens.
    sorry for my noob questions.
    me noob also, don't worry.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    If u're looking for a prosumer instead, get the Canon PowerShot Pro 1.
    Oic. I already have a Panasonic DMC-FZ5.

Hmm..still got some doubts to clear..

- How to choose a good lens? Surely not looking at the price right?

- what does 14mm lenses (22mm equivalent) means?

depends, best is research on the lens and do a judgement if those reviews can be trusted

on digital camera, most of the sensor are smaller than 35mm film thus creating a crop factor. For any lens that attacted to it, the focal length will be multiplied by the crop factor.
    like the: 14mm lens x crop factor = 22mm
    crop factor depends on indivisual cam, for nikon most are 1.5x

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    depends, best is research on the lens and do a judgement if those reviews can be trusted

on digital camera, most of the sensor are smaller than 35mm film thus creating a crop factor. For any lens that attacted to it, the focal length will be multiplied by the crop factor.
    like the: 14mm lens x crop factor = 22mm
    crop factor depends on indivisual cam, for nikon most are 1.5x
    Thanks for your reply! I have a FZ5 too..And i might going to buy Nikon D50 after i came back from oz.. haha.. Is nikon d50 good? I have D50, D70s, EOS 350D and KM 5D in my choice of list..

And what is the difference between CCD and CMOS sensor? which is better?
    Sorry for some many questions, need to clarify b4 buying regreted thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hirowen
    Hi forumer. I am looking for a DSLR. This is my first time using DSLR, so i am quite lost here. My budget is around < $1700. What i looking for is the image quality(sharpness) and ease of use. I saw some article about Nikon D50. Is it really that good? And also i am interested to sign up photography course in Temasek Poly for the near future, I hope that the DSLR is suitable for it. Currently i am using Panasonic FZ5. So far so good but just that the image wasn't sharp enough and EVF/LCD is just too dark in dark area. Please help.. Thanks.
    the D50 really is that good. according to some reviews, the image quality is arguably slightly better than the D70s, in terms of lower noise and less moire, and more vivid colours straight out of the camera. you can get a D50 kit for $1200 including GST, which is well within your budget of $1700. With the D50 kit, you can easily take any photography course in Temasek Poly or elsewhere. with the $500 left over, you may want to buy a mid-tele zoom lens, external flash or tripod in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    the D50 really is that good. according to some reviews, the image quality is arguably slightly better than the D70s, in terms of lower noise and less moire, and more vivid colours straight out of the camera. you can get a D50 kit for $1200 including GST, which is well within your budget of $1700. With the D50 kit, you can easily take any photography course in Temasek Poly or elsewhere. with the $500 left over, you may want to buy a mid-tele zoom lens, external flash or tripod in the future.
    Thanks zaren!

Quote Originally Posted by hirowen
    Oic. I already have a Panasonic DMC-FZ5.
    Oh okies...still not too bad though.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12