Thread: A Big Hello To All .../\...

Smile A Big Hello To All .../\...

Hi All,

I'm a small time enthusiast in photography. I just became a member of ClubSnap and I'm feeling very proud to be here amongst the best in business.

I just bought a Canon EOS 30D. I'm interested in taking real life pics without much of lighting (flash). Can anyone recommend any suitable lens for this?.

I heard a EF 50mm f1.8 or 1.4 would be great.

If f1.4 is very costly I would like to settle down with 1.8. Would like to know how much of a difference it can make. Pls advice. Thanks a million.

Cheers
    Magz

Default Re: A Big Hello To All .../\...

there isn't much of a difference actually. either one would be fine, depends on your budget i guess.

oh and btw, WELCOME!

Welcome to clubsnap!!!

A EF50mm f1.8 MkII is a really cheap lens to get (typically S$140 or thereabouts). Yes, you can do lots of regular light photography with it. The f1.4 50mm has different aperture blades that gives you more circular light spheres in the background when doing bokeh. Its also more tough - metal instead of plastic.

Go for the 1.8 if on budget... if you have the money, the f1.4 is good. Can't go wrong with either lens.

Btw 50mm is not really wide on a 1.6x crop factor body. WOuld be good if you try it out first....

Thanks a lot Waffle & ZPlus. Really grateful to have got the piece of information that I got from you.

Cheers!
    Magz