Thread: Toyota Camry

Default Toyota Camry

A shot of my housemate's car at dusk by the ocean. I used gradient tools, selective colour desaturation, and unsharp mask to obtain this final image. Comments are welcome.

Default Re: Toyota Camry

works for me... i was hoping for a newer camry~

just like what you see from a brochure...

care to share yr techniques?

thanks

Personally,
    The top black portion is distracting .
    Waves look a bit too harsh ...

Quote Originally Posted by shyanyap
    just like what you see from a brochure...

care to share yr techniques?

thanks
    I used a mid-tele range lens for this shot. Have the patience to go around looking for the right background to shoot in, control your environment, times when the sun is low on the horizon is much better for shooting than midday, not only in terms of colours but also for shadows. I don't have much framing ideas, much has been borrowed from another CSer's work (marcwang). He's got great presentation formats that I try to emulate.

The dark part at the top is a poorly executed attempt at introducing a graduated filter effect. The harshness of the waves may have been a factor of the low sun creating shadows across the surface of the ocean, unless I intentionally applied a gaussian filter over it to soften it out. I had already shot at a large f-stop (2.8) to bokeh it out as much as I could.
    Last edited by r32; 30th March 2006 at 12:14 PM.

Beautiful. Reflections & shine of the car are spot-on. Exposure control with the headlamps is awesome.

The black portions are a mixed bag tho. Bad because it distracts but good for adding text (photoessay? brochure for car specs? poems? maybe not poems) And not being able to see tires is a little creepy, but all in all.... Beautiful.