Thread: Need help on 2 issues......

Default Need help on 2 issues......

Hello everyone.

I have 2 questions that I hope to get some comments/advises from fellow CSers. I did some search through the forum but could not find the right answers.

Q1: My brother is using a KM5D and I'm using a D70s, and since both cameras are using CF card, can we share the CF cards? Do I need to format his CF card when using on my D70s and vice versa? Any effects if I did not format the CF card?

Q2: He is going to USA for a business trip. Thinking of ordering lenses online and deliver to him when he is there. Is it recommended to buy lenses in US? If so, any recommended sites to order online?

Thank you.

Default Re: Need help on 2 issues......

A1. Yes.
    Better to format the card with the respective camera's body.

Default Re: Need help on 2 issues......

Quote Originally Posted by DumbDoDo
    Hello everyone.

I have 2 questions that I hope to get some comments/advises from fellow CSers. I did some search through the forum but could not find the right answers.

Q1: My brother is using a KM5D and I'm using a D70s, and since both cameras are using CF card, can we share the CF cards? Do I need to format his CF card when using on my D70s and vice versa? Any effects if I did not format the CF card?

Q2: He is going to USA for a business trip. Thinking of ordering lenses online and deliver to him when he is there. Is it recommended to buy lenses in US? If so, any recommended sites to order online?

Thank you.
    Be VERY CAREFUL about buying from Brooklyn, NY stores. Many are big ripoffs.
    Safe shops are B&H Photovideo (bhphotovideo.com) and Adorama.com
    Better prices are not worth jack if you never receive your shipment after pre-paying for the product...

Make sure you check the ratings on these vendors. If you are not sure, do a check on EPINIONS.com and see if there are any complaints about your chosen shop.

Same applies to ebay. Make sure you check thier reviews on ebay.

Patrick