Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FX01 Review

Default Re: FX01 Review

I am interested in getting either FX01 or Leica C-Lux1.

Did anyone here compared FX01 with Leica C-Lux1? They are effectively the same camera but somehow I feel that the FX01 seems to be softer than C-Lux1 when I compare the images from multiple websites. Is it just my imagination... or Leica PS it so much that the images seems brighter..

Maybe there is some specs difference between the two camera that I do not know of..

if u like, u can check out my humble gallery of fx01 shots @ http://sugary88.deviantart.com/

im relatively new to photography though, just a few weeks old.

Quote Originally Posted by sugary88
    if u like, u can check out my humble gallery of fx01 shots @ http://sugary88.deviantart.com/

oOo.. don't mind me adding you to my deviant watch

Quote Originally Posted by sugary88

Nice gallery...

Hmmm.... after surfing somemore, I am also considering LX1 too as it can shoot RAW and have manual controls...

BTW, anyone knows how much is Leica C-Lux1?

i think lx1 is really gd. i wanted to buy lx1 but din have enough cash. but fx01 works very well for me and its very compact, so not too bad then.

Ya... one of the reason I am looking at FX01 instead of LX1 is that LX1 have a protruding lens barrel which makes it less compact...

Since LX1 has been phased out... perhaps should wait and see whether the new model would be better...

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz
    How's this compared to the Ricoh R4 ? The r4's 28-200 lens will probably be quite handy as a travel camera. But it has smaller aperture, at f3.3 @ 28mm. Anyone has a r4 to compare ?
    I've got the R4 which I find quite fun to use and have been using it more than my DSLR

u could check out reviews of the 2 cameras done by Gary Wolstenholme:
    http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/...fm?test_id=433
    http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/...fm?test_id=432

where got the chespest fx01 ? thks

hi

i just got a fx01 today at MS for $570. is this suppose to be the ori case? i always thought its rect in shape

Tat's what i've got for my FX01 too (From AP). It's recommendable to replace a better one. As for this, the 2 corners of the camera are exposed when the camera is placed in. prone to scratches.

i got this casing too when i bought it at the PC show.
    anybody knows if there's another type of leather case for this camera? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by copycat
    Tat's what i've got for my FX01 too (From AP). It's recommendable to replace a better one. As for this, the 2 corners of the camera are exposed when the camera is placed in. prone to scratches.
    yes im worry that im careless , and the outer to side are expose to scratch...i thought my fri is those rect shape like nokia hp type casing? is there a better one and buy?

there is actually a silicon casing for this camera, but i don't know if it'd affect the flash.

when i was buying, the salesman actually scratched the camera to show that it is not prone to scratches. but like you, i'm afraid of the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by reverie62
    there is actually a silicon casing for this camera, but i don't know if it'd affect the flash.

when i was buying, the salesman actually scratched the camera to show that it is not prone to scratches. but like you, i'm afraid of the sides.

i prefer those rect shape casing like nokia hp which cover all

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz
    How's this compared to the Ricoh R4 ? The r4's 28-200 lens will probably be quite handy as a travel camera. But it has smaller aperture, at f3.3 @ 28mm. Anyone has a r4 to compare ?
    I bought the Ricoh caplio R4 as it's only $560. Think it's a better buy than FX01.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    I bought the Ricoh caplio R4 as it's only $560. Think it's a better buy than FX01.
    hi falla subaru

Quote Originally Posted by bobokuku
    i prefer those rect shape casing like nokia hp which cover all

i saw this on a shopping website but i'm not sure if its available in sg.

Quote Originally Posted by reverie62

i saw this on a shopping website but i'm not sure if its available in sg.
    chio...where to buy, thats what i want

i'm not sure, got it from a shopping webbie. will try to look for it too, coz its my ideal camera pouch.

woo~ i want that bag too! isit available in black?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast