Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Psst...I want to learn how to drive...

Originally posted by revenant
    So, can someone who has been through private instructor care to give more details and the process of doing it?

Time is not a problem for me as I'm still a student now. Have about 2 years to afford before going into NS.

oh btw, do you all recommend getting the license before enter NS or after NS?
    mani of my frds got their free lisence thru NS

So, can someone who has been through private instructor care to give more details and the process of doing it?

Time is not a problem for me as I'm still a student now. Have about 2 years to afford before going into NS.

oh btw, do you all recommend getting the license before enter NS or after NS?
    My advice is to see what vocation u get in NS before deciding. If u end up in a combat unit driving a scout vehicle or become a motor transport officer, then u will be getting a military driving licence which can be converted into a Class3 driving license when u leave the army.

However, it all depends on u right now given that u have 2 years to spare before enrolment.

I would not encourage one to hope to be a driver during NS... Of course, the end result is that you get a civilian licence. But being a driver during the one of the toughest vocation. Long hours driving is not health.. and it is one the most easy way to go into DB... Whether the driver is right or wrong, anything happened to the vehicle you drive, you will end up inside.. whether 1 day or 7 days...Trust me... not worth the try...

Originally posted by RuthBaby

Originally posted by RuthBaby
    I thought now cannot already? License got inside NS cannot be used outside now.

Originally posted by ivor
    I would not encourage one to hope to be a driver during NS... Of course, the end result is that you get a civilian licence. But being a driver during the one of the toughest vocation. Long hours driving is not health.. and it is one the most easy way to go into DB... Whether the driver is right or wrong, anything happened to the vehicle you drive, you will end up inside.. whether 1 day or 7 days...Trust me... not worth the try...
    What's DB? Something unpleasant huh?

What's DB? Something unpleasant huh?
    DB = Detention Barracks. Also called Kranji Detention Barracks. The SAF equivalent of Changi Prison. There, they shave your head and make u do very shiong physical exercise. Guaranteed fitter than commando after the stay.

Originally posted by lazyfiddler
    DB = Detention Barracks. Also called Kranji Detention Barracks. The SAF equivalent of Changi Prison. There, they shave your head and make u do very shiong physical exercise. Guaranteed fitter than commando after the stay.
    wah scary

Just to ask, I know that the minimum age for the theory test is 18.. but the driving part?

I am only 18+.. and I wanna take up driving. Is that possible?

Originally posted by SNAG
    Just to ask, I know that the minimum age for the theory test is 18.. but the driving part?

I am only 18+.. and I wanna take up driving. Is that possible?
    Y not? just go to the driving centres and register as a member n start booking ur lessons to start...

Tentatively, u can wait till u get ur basic theory test results and den start with a private instructor.

for e record, if u take e license thru NS, assuming something happen to you during ur 3 years (touch wood lah), and you down grade to some other vocation, your license is also gone with it.

Originally posted by Revo
    for e record, if u take e license thru NS, assuming something happen to you during ur 3 years (touch wood lah), and you down grade to some other vocation, your license is also gone with it.
    Got like that one ar?? Downgrade = licence bo liao?

Originally posted by lazyfiddler
    Got like that one ar?? Downgrade = licence bo liao?
    mm...not sure if it applies to others...

but my friend was downgraded before he ORDed n gone with him was his license.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123