Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Psst...I want to learn how to drive...

Blog Entries

Go practice on Sega Rally or those many many racing games at Timezone or your local arcade.

Better still, go buy a steering wheel and footpedals for your PC and play Need 4 Speed.

How come need for many lessons one??
    I though max 5 lessons more than enough???

Waste of time.

dun u guys think learning in sch is very ex?
    the only pro is that u can get the license very quickly rite?
    fastest i heard was about 3 months... finish liaoz...

izux
    Guests

My advice is to enrol at a driving school...cos u dont have to worry much about what to do, what tests to take....it'll all be planned for u at the school. Choose Bukit Batok Driving Centre, cos the driving routes there have relatively smooth traffic....unlike Comfort Driving Centre. Learning private might be slightly cheaper, but u wont know the quality of ur instructor, and it takes ages, comparatively, to book for any test.

Once u enrol with the school, u'll pay a registration fee of $150, which includes 4 theory lessons and insurance. Once u finish the theory lessons, u can go book for ur Basic Theory Test(BTT). After u passed this, u can apply for a Provisional Driving Licence(PDL), which enables u to learn driving on public roads(as opposed to being stuck on the school's circuit). Start ur practical lessons now, and at the same time, study and pass ur Final Theory Test(FTT). After maybe about 20 practical lessons, u can go book for the Traffic Police Practical Test....and u get ur licence!(if u pass)

Total estimated cost : registration $150 + BTT & FTT $12, + 20 practical lessons $1160 + practical test $150 =approx= $1500.

anyone with a driving licence to spare pls email me thnks

Originally posted by izux

Total estimated cost : registration $150 + BTT & FTT $12, + 20 practical lessons $1160 + practical test $150 =approx= $1500.
    Wor???!! is it really that expensive to get a Class 3 these days??? Goodness!!

Originally posted by Darren
    Go practice on Sega Rally or those many many racing games at Timezone or your local arcade.

Better still, go buy a steering wheel and footpedals for your PC and play Need 4 Speed.

LOL the instructor see u ask for a harness seat belt he'll fail u already..
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

hi AG, ya staying in da east right?
    CDC might be nearer for you and probably more familiar? *shrugs*
    http://www.comfortdrivingcentre.com.sg/

although some ppl say school's much more expensive :P
    i don't agree as it mainly depends on the individual.

u get to undergo mock exams @ sch.. heard it's v.useful =p never tried though.

as for practical,
    da no. of lessons required - ie. learning speed & such

one thing 'bt schools.. ya get your test date v.v.fast & also in the future, short wait for you re-test if you do need one

ah personally i find it interesting to have diff. instructors too.
    they all 've their special "formulas" to perfecting driving hehehee

Oops.. any instructors here?

I want a custom package!

BTT + FTT $12 + 5 Practical Lessons $290 + Exam $150 = $452 can or not?

Originally posted by Darren

DAYTONA!!!!!

Wow! Thanks for all the tips!

I think I'll sign up with a school instead and I hope I'll do it soon!

I don't think it's accurate for AG. He's working, so most prob will be doing the lessons during peak periodm, which is $66 per hour. The Open Scheme has a minimum of 25 lessons, with an additional driving simulator course for $18.

So, the total should be $1980. Do take note that if one fails the test, he'll have for fork out for the next test (additional $151) AND 2 additional compulsory revision lessions, about another $150 also.. means every attempt will cost you about $300+.

hmm..... would like to know how much can one save when going for private instructor?

No one mention the process when going for private instructor?

if u clear everything one time then private is cheaper and faster

if u kena fail one time then u got to wait very long for the next test date... by then u lose your skill, morale, patience, interest, motivation to take the test liao
    therefore most prob will fail another time

Default Re: I want to learn how to drive...

Originally posted by AdamGoi
    ...people crazy!

Haha...I can do that pretty well so the next challenge for me is to learn how to drive a real car. Yeah baby, a real one!

I'm quite clueless of what I need to do although I'm aware that I have to take Basic, Advance theory tests and then the practical(?) test.

Can those who have such experience (of which I'm sure many of you do) tell me how I should go about doing it? Any useful urls? Any lobangs, i.e. driving instructors and such?

TIA!
    /me flashes her 3 yr old lisence infront of AdamGoi...

Hmm.. i took my driving classes (theory & pratical) @ BBDC...
    Though its a bit costly... but its more worthwhile.. cos u need not queue for dates unlike students @ pte centre

though i a bit kayu... pass only after my 2nd attempt

Default Re: I want to learn how to drive...

If you are really serious and keen in learning to drive, before do it asap... Traffic Police is going to revise the driving syllabus this year to a tougher one...

Trust me... go, go... =)

...people crazy!

Haha...I can do that pretty well so the next challenge for me is to learn how to drive a real car. Yeah baby, a real one!

I'm quite clueless of what I need to do although I'm aware that I have to take Basic, Advance theory tests and then the practical(?) test.

Can those who have such experience (of which I'm sure many of you do) tell me how I should go about doing it? Any useful urls? Any lobangs, i.e. driving instructors and such?

TIA!

hah revise to what? i failed my first tp goin for the 2nd one next month at ubi but all the test routes changed liao sianzz

Wow! Thanks for all the tips!

I think I'll sign up with a school instead and I hope I'll do it soon!
    Hihi AG! I got my license real late.... when I was 33!
    I did my lessons at Comfort Driving Centre cos it is very near my home. Took me 5 months from 1st driving lessons to get my license on my 2nd test attempt. If I had passed my 1st attempt, the duration would have been 3 months.

It is more expensive to do it at the schools but at least u get re-test dates earlier if u fail the earlier attempt. Besides, u get to use the circuit at every lessons unlike the private instrutors who have to book the circuit time for u.

If you are a fast learner... go for private instructor. If you are rather normal in learning, then go for the school...

Not trying to say highly of myself... but my first lesson is already 3-point turn... 3rd or 4th lesson parking on upslope and downslope... In fact, I clocked very much less than the required hours.

So, can someone who has been through private instructor care to give more details and the process of doing it?

Time is not a problem for me as I'm still a student now. Have about 2 years to afford before going into NS.

oh btw, do you all recommend getting the license before enter NS or after NS?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast