Thread: Newbie to color correction...

Default Newbie to color correction...

Please excuse me if I sound like a noob in this... tried searching for past threads on this question of mine but was not able to find much...

I used a spyder2 pro to calibrate my monitor recently, and a profile was created for the calibrated result. I used this profile for viewing with the intent of doing my editing in PS as well, and downloaded the ICC profile for the lab where I am doing my prints for soft proofing....

my very noob questions....

1. when i take the photos and open them in photoshop, it prompts me and say that a different profile is being used to take the photo (because I am using the calibrated profile for viewing), do I convert them to the working space of my calibrated profile, or use the embedded profile in the photo, for my editing works?

2. When saving, I supposed that the best is to keep to the default ICC profile in SRGB/AGRB and that I need to do a conversion if I did one earlier. Is this right?

3. If I am sending to the lab where I have the ICC profile, do I convert it into the ICC profile of that lab when saving for print, to ensure maximum color preservation? This is because my soft proof looks slightly out from what I wanted it to look like... would converting it to the same profile solve my problem?

Please kindly advise or point me to the right resources (if I had missed them out). Many thanks in advance!

Deregistered

Default Re: Newbie to color correction...

1) Use your monitor profile for the color space.

2) Save your monitor profile into the picture.

3) Nope, the lab should see what you see if your screen's calibrated correctly.

Refer to this thread. It may be a little messy. but it has all the answers you're looking for.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=181393

Go to this as well.

http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/How_...nt.html?page=8

Just use sRGB profiles for all your working needs for the easiest solution. What your monitor profile does is to try and match the sRGB color space as closely as it's possible. Do not use your monitor profile as the working space as it is only what you see and NOT what others may view.

Hi ESPN and Castle,

Thanks for advices. I am a little slow when it comes to technical things like color correction but the resources that had been pointed would definitely come in handy heee... will try to read up more on those

cheers!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_3lmo
    Hi ESPN and Castle,

Thanks for advices. I am a little slow when it comes to technical things like color correction but the resources that had been pointed would definitely come in handy heee... will try to read up more on those

cheers!
    Me also newbie, only know that much, suggest you refer to CITS for more indepth reading.

my colorvision colorplus still doesn't work even after seeking help from their customer service...