Thread: Use PL Filter or CS2 to get the blue sky

Default Use PL Filter or CS2 to get the blue sky

Would you use PL filter to get the blue sky for the landscape photo since you can PS the photo using Adobe CS2? What is the difference?

Deregistered

Default Re: Use PL Filter or CS2 to get the blue sky

The difference is the effort needed to get the blue sky. PS is a last resort to me. Getting it right at the moment is better.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    The difference is the effort needed to get the blue sky. PS is a last resort to me. Getting it right at the moment is better.
    Very true, unless you are a desktop photographer, who works with manipulating images, which may not neccessary be your own.

I certainly would like to get it right the 1st time round...
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by highspeed
    Would you use PL filter to get the blue sky for the landscape photo since you can PS the photo using Adobe CS2? What is the difference?
    If you have the sky full of clouds, you can forget about the PL and PS. PL will not get you anything and PS will look fake. Just need to wait for blue sky. Find the right place and the right time. Rule of thumb is shoot with the sun 45 degrees behind you. On a cloudless day, sure blue sky one. Oh one more.. Get your exposures right.