Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Experience With Nokia Customer Service

Default Re: Bad Experience With Nokia Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Keltzar
    Yah, nokia qc/quality has dropped a lot. When was the last time you saw something really innovative from them that wasn't just fashion.

I switched from nokia to Siemens... but then siemens starting dropping too, so now I'm with Sony-Ericsson. Basically, its ericsson saved by Sony... but so far, so good. My next one will be a Sony-Ericsson.

Have you tried REALLY complaining to Nokia? Some of the nokia service centres I suspect, like even the Sony ones, are run by companies sub-contracted to by Nokia. Very few of these cell-phone companies run their own repair centres.

go to nokia's website and email them.

that said, if any of you have tried applying for a job at nokia's website... you will also know that , their website doesn't really work for online applications even though they encourage it, either.

hmm.
    I got an email add of theirs off thier website and sent my initial complaint. They just referred me back to the same service centre (only the number to dial is diff)

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    You seriously should write to the Straits Times and make this public. They normally respond very quickly when someone shames them!
    I'm thinking I should. I'm waiting for this to be a significant hoo-hah on the net (starting here on CS) then shoot off fthe the Straits Times!

this is weird, lots of nokia failures, my nokia's have never failed me in over 4 years of use. Am I just lucky?

What do they mean by ICs are corroded? Is there an extreme case of oxidation? Just curious, especially when I know where the ICs are from.

my old phone was dat the chip was corroded. my fren bought some chip frm his fren & the phone was working fine again. cost of new chip? $70...

So far my 6260 is doing fine. It is probably Nokia's better phones.

I was darn pissed also when my 3230 gave me some weird software problems. And the basic upgrading of software also had to take 4hrs to do....

I got real fed-up and bought a new phone, transferred all my contacts over and then sent the phone for servicing. And sold it off straight.

I guess it's gonna be real hard for me to go back to Nokia ever again.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    i think my nokia phones all have a similar characteristic. after the warranty period, it'll confirm break down.

last time i went down to Tampines service centre...got a number and sat down and waited. jus ONE number before mine, all the counters actually closed, and all of us were ushered out. wasted 1hr sitting there
    wah like that also can ah? if thats the case they should have stopped issuing numbers. very poor service indeed

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    this is weird, lots of nokia failures, my nokia's have never failed me in over 4 years of use. Am I just lucky?
    Older models seem to be better... I never had much problems with the 6110 or the 6100.... but the newer ones with the bluetooth, symbian, etc... they all seem to be getting worse and worse...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    Older models seem to be better... I never had much problems with the 6110 or the 6100.... but the newer ones with the bluetooth, symbian, etc... they all seem to be getting worse and worse...
    Yes, i do miss the good old phones like the 8210 and 8250. My workhorse for 3years w/o a glitch. Dropped countless times, still tough as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by exhibitj
    Yes, i do miss the good old phones like the 8210 and 8250. My workhorse for 3years w/o a glitch. Dropped countless times, still tough as hell!
    i have one old 8210, 8250 and 8310..all lasting till now...
    eat. drink. shoot

I won't use a Nokia even if they give me a free phone. Been using siemens for the past 3+ yrs and very robust and reliable so far.

My last nokia had a crappy LCD, the battery was bloated, and if I use a headset the battery would die in 2 mins (short?). My old nokia had a strange problem. The phone would just power off by itself, at random. Nokia wanted an arm and a leg to repair it, so we just bought something else. The casing on my wife's new nokia is so flimsy, almost like paper, such cheap plastic. It's a slide out phone and wobbles and creaks. I'm sure it won't last beyond 1 yr.

My old nokia 3200 was so solid and robust in comparison with these fairy toys you get these days.

yeah. i'm still using my 8910 and 7250!!

Quote Originally Posted by sriram
    I won't use a Nokia even if they give me a free phone. Been using siemens for the past 3+ yrs and very robust and reliable so far.

My last nokia had a crappy LCD, the battery was bloated, and if I use a headset the battery would die in 2 mins (short?). My old nokia had a strange problem. The phone would just power off by itself, at random. Nokia wanted an arm and a leg to repair it, so we just bought something else. The casing on my wife's new nokia is so flimsy, almost like paper, such cheap plastic. It's a slide out phone and wobbles and creaks. I'm sure it won't last beyond 1 yr.

My old nokia 3200 was so solid and robust in comparison with these fairy toys you get these days.
    bloated battery may be due to overcharging...
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12