Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the must place to visit in Melbourne?

Default Re: What is the must place to visit in Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat
    Ya... me taking SQ as well. 700+ per person for ticket lor... then got the best western pass package and top up the outstanding amount for the rest of the days not covered How much you spent then?
    mine is $766 per pax .. dun know what is BEST WESTERN PASS PACKAGE? for what ah? Sorry i abit mountain tortise..

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Sorry, the 700+ inclusive of fuel and other charges? Coz mine is Aud$900+ for 35days ley.
    aiya urs cannot compare with us. u from AUS.. money bigger ma ;P...
    so when are u flying?

Sorry, the 700+ inclusive of fuel and other charges? Coz mine is Aud$900+ for 35days ley.
    Yup, about 1.5K for 2 person to fly. All in!

Thanks Skye for your comments! Have made many changes since that post Anyway, just thought I would share my latest itenery with you guys as reference for your future trips?

Day 1: Reach Melbourne in the morning, check in hotel and explore Melbourne City
    Day 2: Pick up car and drive to Mornington Pen, Explore strawberry farm, Arthur's chairlift or Cape Schank lighthouse for rest of the day
    Day 3: Leave Mornington, take ferry across to Queenscliff, and head towards great ocean road. Stop by Torquay, Lorne along the way and reach Apollo Bay by evening
    Day 4: Continue drive across and explore Cape Otway, 12 apostles and reach Warnambool by evening.
    Day 5: Head for Grampians NP in morning, and explore for there for rest of day
    Day 6: This full day will be dedicated to explore the Grampians area either thru walking/4WD tours.
    Day 7: Leave Grampians and reach Mel city by late noon. Cover those places we did not cover previously in Mel city.
    Day 8: Leave for Yarra's Valley in the morning and shld reach b4 noon. Spend rest of the day in wineries and sight seeing.
    Day 9: Leave Yarra Valley for Mel airport

Hope this is informative
    Bro yehosaphat,

Good itinerary there... One thing I have to recommend if you are at Mornington Peninsula... If you pass by the town of Rosebud, do have lunch there. There's a Chinese restaurant besides the Woolsworth supermarket. (Small town centre, you won't miss it)

Of all the Chinese food I've eaten in Australia, his is the best. Ironically, he's not Chinese, he's East Timorese, but the Seafood Mee Goreng or Laksa are pretty authentic. And the portions are HUGE! Great guy too! Tell him Phil and Lynn from Singapore sent you.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Yup, about 1.5K for 2 person to fly. All in!
    Wei, if I put it in Singapore dollars. I am paying Sgd$1k ley.....almost 50% more than you guys/gals are paying lor

I used to fly SQ.... Now I choose Austrian/Lauda liao.

aiya urs cannot compare with us. u from AUS.. money bigger ma ;P...
    so when are u flying?

Supposed to fly off already...now caught up with works. Hopefully real soon. I am really drained the last few days..... wasn't feeling so well yesterday.

When are you coming?

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Bro yehosaphat,

Good itinerary there... One thing I have to recommend if you are at Mornington Peninsula... If you pass by the town of Rosebud, do have lunch there. There's a Chinese restaurant besides the Woolsworth supermarket. (Small town centre, you won't miss it)

Of all the Chinese food I've eaten in Australia, his is the best. Ironically, he's not Chinese, he's East Timorese, but the Seafood Mee Goreng or Laksa are pretty authentic. And the portions are HUGE! Great guy too! Tell him Phil and Lynn from Singapore sent you.
    Okie! And hopefully will be able to put up some travelogues like what you did

Okie! And hopefully will be able to put up some travelogues like what you did
    Will look forward to it. Aiya, follow my style lah... you shoot, your other half write lor. But must write at the end of each day, otherwise cannot remember cos there's so many things you would have seen!!

Supposed to fly off already...now caught up with works. Hopefully real soon. I am really drained the last few days..... wasn't feeling so well yesterday.

When are you coming?
    "works" .. i thought u no need to work kekee.. family business ah. can i go to ur restaurant eat free dinner? :P

Me going there tmr night lor.. 11.40pm flight. will touch down at Melbourne on saturday 9am. If u not back yet, will like to catch up with u. ^_^u pm me ok..I will still check CS when i am away. If u shy.. err.. wait for furry to catch u then

Will look forward to it. Aiya, follow my style lah... you shoot, your other half write lor. But must write at the end of each day, otherwise cannot remember cos there's so many things you would have seen!!
    gosh, dun think i can do that. I am so lazy.. at home tons of Dogs picture not even edited yet :P

Haze, you're flying SQ237 right?

Oh, I hated the timing of that flight. We took off at midnight... tough enough trying to sleep in a plane... and they fed us at 1:30am!!! In the end I only got 2 hours of troubled sleep (and ended up driving 17 hours straight the next day! - Long story, read travelogue... )

Dawn is around 4:15am (Singapore time) so if you want to watch an awesome sunrise, stay awake by then.
    Last edited by philliptan; 20th April 2006 at 05:05 PM.

Thats cool if you love scenic drives.
    I've did my fair share of driving through Great Ocean road. Lost count how many times.

It would be nice if you could spend more time in the city. Definitely the "best" in the whole of Australia.

Thanks Skye for your comments! Have made many changes since that post Anyway, just thought I would share my latest itenery with you guys as reference for your future trips?

Day 1: Reach Melbourne in the morning, check in hotel and explore Melbourne City
    Day 2: Pick up car and drive to Mornington Pen, Explore strawberry farm, Arthur's chairlift or Cape Schank lighthouse for rest of the day
    Day 3: Leave Mornington, take ferry across to Queenscliff, and head towards great ocean road. Stop by Torquay, Lorne along the way and reach Apollo Bay by evening
    Day 4: Continue drive across and explore Cape Otway, 12 apostles and reach Warnambool by evening.
    Day 5: Head for Grampians NP in morning, and explore for there for rest of day
    Day 6: This full day will be dedicated to explore the Grampians area either thru walking/4WD tours.
    Day 7: Leave Grampians and reach Mel city by late noon. Cover those places we did not cover previously in Mel city.
    Day 8: Leave for Yarra's Valley in the morning and shld reach b4 noon. Spend rest of the day in wineries and sight seeing.
    Day 9: Leave Yarra Valley for Mel airport

Hope this is informative

Oh, I hated the timing of that flight. We took off at midnight... tough enough trying to sleep in a plane... and they fed us at 1:30am!!! In the end I only got 2 hours of troubled sleep (and ended up driving 17 hours straight the next day! - Long story, read travelogue... )

Dawn is around 4:15am (Singapore time) so if you want to watch an awesome sunrise, stay awake by then.
    YA SQ237.. gee.. i choose one. I can choose the 9pm one.. but dun know why i choose the 11.40pm one -___- brain short circuit liao. haha ok will try to wake up at 4.15am :P

Quote Originally Posted by syke
    Thats cool if you love scenic drives.
    I've did my fair share of driving through Great Ocean road. Lost count how many times.

It would be nice if you could spend more time in the city. Definitely the "best" in the whole of Australia.
    i think so... my friend said i should try those Horse carriage ride (hope i spell correctly). is for tourist

There are bottle shops at almost every corner. You shouldn't have any problem looking for wines.

My favourite is at David Jones on little collins. There have quite a selection there.

There's a coles express along elizabeth st thats 24 hours near flinders street station. As cliche as it sounds, I think you would get most of goodies at Vic market. South melbourne market is another place you can go.

if possible avoid swanston street near flinders street station (where mackers & KFC is)during your late nights. Too many druggies, drunkards there.

Quote Originally Posted by engta
    Looks like you really, super and very looking forward to the trip

There are lots of snack varieties in the supermarket. Visit the Coles or Safeway, take your time to browse through the local products.. many are quite cheap and very nice. Coles open 24hrs and Safeway till 12AM daily. You may want to visit the stores in the early part of your trip so by the time you leaving, you know which are the ones to buy back Singapore.

Still, I think the best things to have out of your trip would be the photos and videos taken with your camera

Eh! I also taking SQ237 lei at 2340! Coming back lei? wat time....

Return flight, SQ238, is 1120 (Aust time) to around 1630 (Sing time)

On my return trip, the pilot (coincidentally also named Philip Tan but with single L I'll assume) was nice enough to bank the aircraft so that we could take a look at Ayers Rock from FL340 (34,000 ft)! Beautiful!

my return flight is SQ218.. reach signapore 7am! eheh.. i want to come back earliest so can pick my Rascal ASAP...

can u believe .. 14 more hrs to go...

Haze,
    ah, me catch Benign? hard leh, i wont be in sg myself pretty soon too

anyway bon voyage. have a safe trip and enjoy yourself
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast