Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the must place to visit in Melbourne?

Default Re: What is the must place to visit in Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by dragos
    u might want to check out my travelogue?

www.adamteo.com

^________^ thank you... at office i can see this site... later will read through.. wow u been to paris too..

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    $25 - $30 a day.. is it AUD or SG dollar? even is AUD..$30 + $15 ..$45 is still cheap leh... driving to countryside.. got to pay carpark? can you give me the hertz website??
    www.hertz.com.au
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by dolpjki
    plan ur stay well. u dun need a car when u are in Melbourne city. as mentioned above, the carpark in melbourne arnt cheap, and usually very packed.

however, u will definitely need more than 2 days of car rental. grampians & great ocean road would take abt 3 days.

u can drive down to mornington peninsula, dropping by "arthur seat", and take ferry at sorrento to go over queen's cliff. cos u might be able to catch the wild dolphins while on the ferry. then drive over to great ocean road from queen's cliff.
    Take ferry ot sorrento? then my car leh? return the the car rental shop? he will give me another car at Queen's cliff?

Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    Been there in 1999, not sure what have been change, but I believe you will enjoy it very much. Have been visiting different cities but Melbourne still hold a special place in my heart.

Some of the MUST GO places, like what the rest have said, Great Ocean Road, Yara Valley, Mornington Penisular etc.

It is tricky driving in the city itself becos of the tram system, on most road at the junction, if you are turning right, you have to keep left...

Anyway.. enjoy yourself and remember to show us your photos when you return
    Hihi thanks thanks.. i think i will try to avoid driving at city itself. ^_^.. the notes here are so good.. i just written down 2 pages ahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    Hi! If you don't want to rent a car, you can take a bus. They have bus tours that do Grampians, Phillip Island and the Twelve Apostles.
    My friend just told me.. she have a voucher for 12 apostles.. $118 per person.. buy 1 for 1.. now after u guys said rental car, car insurance, car pertrol.. seem like i can drive there thou :O.. hor..

Hi,

I would like to know. if i rent a car for 3 days. I can drive down to Morning Peinuslar - Sorrento - Queen's cliff - Great ocean road - Grampions. Correct? All the places at the same direction? To and back to Melbourne take 3 days right?

How about Yara Valley, Philips island, St Kilda Beach and 12 Apostles. All this able to take 1 day to go and come back to melbourne city?

If the above is right, 3 days + Yara Valley (1 day) + Philips island (1 day) + st Kilda Beach (1 day) + 12 Apostles (1 day) = total 7 days.

Then seem just nice.. i can find a 1 or 2 days farm stay see sunset and sunrise. then 1 day walk around Melbourne city.. go tto Puffing billy, swanston street, queen victoria market etc.

Please correct me if my planning is wrong

Hi,

I would like to know. if i rent a car for 3 days. I can drive down to Morning Peinuslar - Sorrento - Queen's cliff - Great ocean road - Grampions. Correct? All the places at the same direction? To and back to Melbourne take 3 days right?

How about Yara Valley, Philips island, St Kilda Beach and 12 Apostles. All this able to take 1 day to go and come back to melbourne city?

If the above is right, 3 days + Yara Valley (1 day) + Philips island (1 day) + st Kilda Beach (1 day) + 12 Apostles (1 day) = total 7 days.

Then seem just nice.. i can find a 1 or 2 days farm stay see sunset and sunrise. then 1 day walk around Melbourne city.. go tto Puffing billy, swanston street, queen victoria market etc.

Please correct me if my planning is wrong
    Philips island = 1 day ( can also go seal rock..have fish and chip there.. hmmm.. )
    st kilda = go weekend better.. abt morning half day should be enough.. take tram from city..
    GOR = 1 full day
    Grampians = 1 day
    swanston street, queen victoria market = within city.. walking distance..
    Last edited by k3nn3th03; 27th March 2006 at 03:35 PM.
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Wah Melbourne...will be there in July...so excited...

hello haze, it sounds so exciting, planning for a trip to Melbourne! I'll be there myself in Sept (so COLD lah!) although we'll be looking at schools for our sons as we might be returning there June 2007.

Rosebud is kind of a sleepy town. There is absolutely nothing to see there. If you are driving to Mornington Peninsula (my in laws live there now) there are some wineries you can visit. Visit Main Street in Mornington Peninsula for some nice beach countryside shopping. Eat at their cafes.

Sorry, Rosebud is about 10 mins after Mornington Peninsula and if you drive up a bit more, like 30 mins, you'll hit Sorrento (where you can take a ferry to the other side of Melbourne - Queenscliffe, like another poster suggested.) I suggest you stay overnight in Queenscliff, it is a quant little town with lots of bed and breakfast places. You can look at art there etc.

If you don't want to go to Queenscliff, keep driving from Sorrento to Portsea. This is a place where the rich and famous buy houses to come live in during the summer. All these towns from Rosebud to Portsea are along the coast so you get the view of the beach. Book yourself into a restaurant there and enjoy their seafood dishes with their home grown wine. Very nice. Yum. It is a very romantic area to be in - are you travelling with anyone?

Check out St.Kildas
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    GOR =

fun driving to there but CAREFUL if its your first time...
    To drive there, i just need to bring along Singapore Driving Licence will do right? Do i need to apply international driving licence?
    Last edited by Haze; 28th March 2006 at 09:19 AM.

How about HOT air Balloon? Anyone try before? how much ?

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    Philips island = 1 day ( can also go seal rock..have fish and chip there.. hmmm.. )
    st kilda = go weekend better.. abt morning half day should be enough.. take tram from city..
    GOR = 1 full day
    Grampians = 1 day
    swanston street, queen victoria market = within city.. walking distance..
    Thanks ;D... Yumm.. fish & chip.. i am coming~

No. Just bring your Singapore licence will do. Balloon rides ain't cheap and I think they cost around A$300 for a trip if I remember correctly..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Wah Melbourne...will be there in July...so excited...
    hahaha then u got to wait for my latest info liao

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    hello haze, it sounds so exciting, planning for a trip to Melbourne! I'll be there myself in Sept (so COLD lah!) although we'll be looking at schools for our sons as we might be returning there June 2007.

Rosebud is kind of a sleepy town. There is absolutely nothing to see there. If you are driving to Mornington Peninsula (my in laws live there now) there are some wineries you can visit. Visit Main Street in Mornington Peninsula for some nice beach countryside shopping. Eat at their cafes.

Sorry, Rosebud is about 10 mins after Mornington Peninsula and if you drive up a bit more, like 30 mins, you'll hit Sorrento (where you can take a ferry to the other side of Melbourne - Queenscliffe, like another poster suggested.) I suggest you stay overnight in Queenscliff, it is a quant little town with lots of bed and breakfast places. You can look at art there etc.

If you don't want to go to Queenscliff, keep driving from Sorrento to Portsea. This is a place where the rich and famous buy houses to come live in during the summer. All these towns from Rosebud to Portsea are along the coast so you get the view of the beach. Book yourself into a restaurant there and enjoy their seafood dishes with their home grown wine. Very nice. Yum. It is a very romantic area to be in - are you travelling with anyone?
    I love seafood ... thank u

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    No. Just bring your Singapore licence will do. Balloon rides ain't cheap and I think they cost around A$300 for a trip if I remember correctly..
    A$300 per pax or per Balloon?

Haze, all depend on your budget and how you want to enjoy ur holidays ley.

U can do it in style.....Limos all the way? or Hitchhike?

Driving is the best way, you can stop when you want.....go where you want. I wouldn't tell you where to go...coz you already know what you want already. Tonnes of info online these days......

Just make sure you planned well and have more time to roam around.... 2 weeks should be enough for Victoria. Go to your local supermarket, make some sandwiches eat fruits or try the Vietnamese food outlets, pizzas and the local fish and chips is the best way to spend your hard earned cash

Pizzas cost ard $10.....fish and chips abt $8 and Vietnamese noodle or grilled pork broken rice is around $7 a serve. Yes, buy your own drinks....cheaper.

Oh ya, while you are not driving and decide to spend your days in the Melbourne. Get those weekly or daily transport passes.....it is around $10 per person. But you get to go around the place in buses, trams and trains for whole day.

Pity, I will be back to M'sia in April and May.
    You have a great stay in Melbourne. You will like it.....

p/s: Maybe you like to try out this http://www.rivervalley.com.au/ep/main.htm

A$300 per pax or per Balloon?
    A$300 per pax.
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Haze, all depend on your budget and how you want to enjoy ur holidays ley.

U can do it in style.....Limos all the way? or Hitchhike?

Driving is the best way, you can stop when you want.....go where you want. I wouldn't tell you where to go...coz you already know what you want already. Tonnes of info online these days......

Just make sure you planned well and have more time to roam around.... 2 weeks should be enough for Victoria. Go to your local supermarket, make some sandwiches eat fruits or try the Vietnamese food outlets, pizzas and the local fish and chips is the best way to spend your hard earned cash

Pizzas cost ard $10.....fish and chips abt $8 and Vietnamese noodle or grilled pork broken rice is around $7 a serve. Yes, buy your own drinks....cheaper.

Oh ya, while you are not driving and decide to spend your days in the Melbourne. Get those weekly or daily transport passes.....it is around $10 per person. But you get to go around the place in buses, trams and trains for whole day.

Pity, I will be back to M'sia in April and May.
    You have a great stay in Melbourne. You will like it.....

p/s: Maybe you like to try out this http://www.rivervalley.com.au/ep/main.htm
    eeeeeeeeee i never have chance to try Limo in my life. My budget is AUD80 per person per day leh :P... u better change ur plan kekkeke

http://www.rivervalley.com.au/ep/main.htm this is for accomdation for nudist leh.. not my cup of tea
    Last edited by Haze; 28th March 2006 at 10:40 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast