Thread: A Building in Singapore (UOB Bank I think)

Default A Building in Singapore (UOB Bank I think)

Ok, I am not really sure how to take pictures of buildings. (But I love buildings in general)What should I be looking for? Lines is obviously one of them. I would like all your comments on what you think of the above picture. I don't know how I can make it more "creative" or "Wow!"

Default Re: A Building in Singapore (UOB Bank I think)

dont know much abt architechure photography except that 'repeated pattern' or straight-on "square" shots are more appealing. Guess that's why they use a 'tilt or perspective" adjustment lens for that...

but my 2cts...

cant see what U're trying to capture here... the lines or the building behind the windows?
    The photo is very dark because of the bright sky, was that intended? I'd suggest to research on the fundamentals of architechure photography if U love buildings in general.

That's what I'd do =)
    Last edited by Rev; 26th March 2006 at 04:39 AM.

Nope... shot is too messy and lacks strong composition, which is important in this kind of abstract architecture shots.

You both have given me very good advice. I wanted to shoot the building but the lines...they are meant to complement the picture somehow. Try again!