Thread: My Canon 20D was pre-owned!!!!!

Default My Canon 20D was pre-owned!!!!!

Never usually install the canon programs to set camera owner name and stuff...but felt doing it when i got my 30D.

After setting the name for my 30D, I tried to do the same for my old 20D (which was bought first hand from shop), I found, the owner's name to be "WAKIYA"....what the hell is that???

My guess is someone bought the camera, installed the stuff, change name, and returned the camera for some reason??????

Bloody hell...but in any case, my 20D is fine...but will definitely make a big hooha when I visit the shop again.....

My advice to all, first thing, set your owner name on the camera!!!!!

U never know what u will find....hahaha...

Default Re: My Canon 20D was pre-owned!!!!!

When did u buy the cam?

wah.. i wld have never tot too..
    am having probs setting it on my camera.. can you tell me how? I tried DPP or zoombrowser but dunno which is the prob to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    When did u buy the cam?
    nearly coming to 1 year liao..

Quote Originally Posted by slaam
    wah.. i wld have never tot too..
    am having probs setting it on my camera.. can you tell me how? I tried DPP or zoombrowser but dunno which is the prob to do it.
    EOS viewer utility under options.

Actually, this is not surprising at all. Most bigger / famous shops will allow 7 days 1-to-1 exchange of your product purchased if you are not satisfied with soem valid reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by USM
    Actually, this is not surprising at all. Most bigger / famous shops will allow 7 days 1-to-1 exchange of your product purchased if you are not satisfied with soem valid reasons.
    sounds like singapore is moving towards the USA style of consumer-rights... hmm
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    Erm... thought the returned goods are taken back by manufacturer, refurbished and sold as reconditioned goods???? Think Singapore retailers just takes the good and recycle them...

makes me think twice abt buying high-end electronics...haha...if one day i buy the 1 series, sure take laptop to double check...

wah lucky my set was bought direct from canon..so safe..
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs
    Actually, also depending whether you know shop or the boss well. I still remember there was thread talking about someone bought a lens and used it for 2 weeks and then subsequently returned back to the shop, and the shop resell it as brand new without telling it to the potential buyer, right?