Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Lumix FX users

  1. #1

    Default Lumix FX users

    How do i manually set the shutter speed?
    Using FX8 and i can't seem to find the setting for that. Annoying cos my cats and dogs keep moving and i need fast shutter speed for that..
    I try not to use the preset modes cos i can't adjust the white balance.
    Am i right or am i missing something?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Lumix FX users

    The FX8 does not have a manual setting for the shutter speed.

    Hope that helps.
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

  3. #3

    Default Re: Lumix FX users

    hmm.. then how am i supposed to take shots of moving objects? i've played ard with everything that i can already but it's still not satisfactory. ISO, exposure, preset modes etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexlord
    The FX8 does not have a manual setting for the shutter speed.

    Hope that helps.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Lumix FX users

    Quote Originally Posted by studmufn
    hmm.. then how am i supposed to take shots of moving objects? i've played ard with everything that i can already but it's still not satisfactory. ISO, exposure, preset modes etc..
    U cannot manually set shutter speed on FX8. For moving objects, your best choice is to manually set a higher ISO (eg ISO400), on the OIS (mode 1), aim and half press the shutter button, until it lock focus and then press the shutter down to take the photo.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lumix FX users

    how about using sports mode?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Lumix FX users

    not sure if i'm ****-eyed, but i can only set white balance manually when in 'manual' mode.
    anyway i'm getting a powershot, lack of manual controls really very frustrating.

    Quote Originally Posted by melvinmah
    how about using sports mode?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lumix FX users

    Yup. always get camera at least with manual control of shutter speed, aperture and ISO setting unless the camera is just for casual usage. Cheers!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Lumix FX users

    Quote Originally Posted by studmufn
    not sure if i'm ****-eyed, but i can only set white balance manually when in 'manual' mode.
    anyway i'm getting a powershot, lack of manual controls really very frustrating.
    well if you did your research properly you would have known the FX series of Lumix do not have manual settings and only the FZ and LX ones does. THe FX is an, er, put it to say 'a fashion' camera. Something that rivals the Canon's Ixus series.

    As far as i know only the LS2 has manual settings but that ain't in SG yet
    Last edited by metallilan; 5th April 2006 at 11:33 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •