Thread: Problems With Rechargeable Batteries...

Default Problems With Rechargeable Batteries...

hey everyone
    i just bought a 602z on friday night....together with the accessory kit....
    began charging the batteries and when it has finished....
    i start taking a few pics...it was around sat morning 2 am...
    now is sunday night...the batteries has drained already....
    question is i have only taken less than 30 shots...
    is this normal?
    i am using 602z together with the ibm 340mb md bundled kit...
    and btw i am in a cold climate country..
    but my room aint that cold..
    so any ideas?
    yeah
    my batteries are the vanson.....1800mah
    its all included in the fujifilm bundled kit..
    thanks

Hi Ayumi,

Not sure if your battery is NiMH or Lithium Ion, but normally these rechargable batteries will need to be charged and drained several cycle when it's new before it reaches the optimum operating level. Why not try charging it again?

erm
    i think 602z only accepts nimh...
    it doesnt accept nicd and lithium i think
    well..i am now recharging...
    hope that the end results will be better next time

Yeah
    Do as what Zip say.

Oso, what kind of charger are you using, it oso play a part in the life of the batteries. A smart charger will charge and condition the batt so that they last longer.

*btw, you using teh "pro" model of the 602?*

this is what it writes on the back of the charger
    " VANSON Microprocessor controlled ultra fast ni-mh/ni-cd charger"
    yeah..i believe its a smart charger.... as in it will auto-detect when the batteries are full...

so any recommendations on how many spare batteries i should get? it really scared me a lot...i was transferring pics over..when the camera auto-shutdown..without displaying any warnings...i thought there was something wrong with the camera...i didnt think there were any problems with the batteries...coz from wat i read here...u guys can take up to 150-200 shots per set of batteries....
    hmz...

yeah i think i am using the pro version...
    just bought it
    its an all-black camera compared to the older version which its back is silver right?
    any other noticeable difference?
    i read from here that the pro version shd come with the cable release...
    mine dont...have to get as an add-on...there is a connector to it on the camera...

Originally posted by Ayumi
    this is what it writes on the back of the charger
    " VANSON Microprocessor controlled ultra fast ni-mh/ni-cd charger"
    yeah..i believe its a smart charger.... as in it will auto-detect when the batteries are full...

so any recommendations on how many spare batteries i should get? it really scared me a lot...i was transferring pics over..when the camera auto-shutdown..without displaying any warnings...i thought there was something wrong with the camera...i didnt think there were any problems with the batteries...coz from wat i read here...u guys can take up to 150-200 shots per set of batteries....
    hmz...

yeah i think i am using the pro version...
    just bought it
    its an all-black camera compared to the older version which its back is silver right?
    any other noticeable difference?
    i read from here that the pro version shd come with the cable release...
    mine dont...have to get as an add-on...there is a connector to it on the camera...
    woo... COOL!!

IT THE "PRO" MODEL!!!!
    Yes it does not come with teh cable release and that can easily be solved by getting those "injection-needle-like" cable release.
    Anyway, no worries abt the batt. Just try charging and discharging then charging If the problem persist, then I think it time to get a new set of batt.

From what I know of the users here, they have at least 1 set of spare batt in their bag. But I've know a few that actually carry 3-4 sets. It all boil down to your shooting style and oso. I think living in a cold cilmate area, it always better to carry a spare set for the spare.........

Hope to see your shots here.

so HAPPY SNAPPING!

yeah
    thanks
    It'd be good if you can type in proper sentences, and not sms/irc style. Its often easier and faster for people to read, and perhaps then help you in your problems.

You might want to try different batteries as these cheap bundled batteries are know to be less than optimal. Try the Sanyos, they are good.

.i was transferring pics over..when the camera auto-shutdown..without displaying any warnings...i thought there was something wrong with the camera...i didnt think there were any problems with the batteries...coz from wat i read here...u guys can take up to 150-200 shots per set of batteries....
    hmz...
    It's normal for the camera to behave this way. You will not get any warning when doing image transfers.

For normal shooting, you will only get a very short warning(1shot allowance) before it shuts down if you use NiMh. Alkaline users will have a slightly longer warning due to the smoother discharge curve.