Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: excellent day!

Default excellent day!

excellent weather today, though i would have appreciated alittle more heat...

i took my nitro helicopter out for a spin. deciding to try my newly aquired lens i attached my 30D with a 17-40 F4L(1day old) setting body on timer mode i brought it up for some shots. it turned out well on the LCD display for the first 10shots or so.

until it's last flight, i flew it up to about 8stories high and WA LA! it came down as fast as it went up only this time it came with a loud here i have lying a useless pile of plastic, glass and metal.

came home smiling to my wife. after dinner we went shopping and she got me another set of 20D and a 17-40 I LOVE MY WIFE! if u're wondering, nope i've no regrets of the pile of rubbish i created. i think it's art, be bold just do it!

Default Re: excellent day!

wow how you attach the camera to the helicopter =( lol that's very nice of your wife there. but very wasteful man
    I Love You :)

a good 30D gone....just like that??

Quote Originally Posted by dragos
    a good 30D gone....just like that??
    there are rich ppl and insane ppl out there

i didn't have chance to even play... the only thing left was the memory card... after downloading... they're all blurry as it was not focused to anything and yup my wife is the best!

i attached my body onto the heli with cable ties!

What are you trying to shoot at 8 story high?
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Speechless

neither we're just fun money can always be earned. life spent cannot be altered.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda
    there are rich ppl and insane ppl out there

a view from above... can't afford the real heli ride and i took the chances

Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    What are you trying to shoot at 8 story high?

can't you mod your heli so that it can have a screwhead on top then u can screw your 30D up? o_o can't believe a 30D falling from the sky! LOL
    I Love You :)

if i do that the heli is going to be highly unstable and secondly the body will be spinning as much as the blades are. it's not a feasible ideal but nice try!

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    can't you mod your heli so that it can have a screwhead on top then u can screw your 30D up? o_o can't believe a 30D falling from the sky! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Geckorian
    Speechless
    Speechless + 1

there go a 30D...

may try sitting it on a radio control boat, a huge one of cos and try it again... but i think my wife will stop me

Quote Originally Posted by guojielun
    may try sitting it on a radio control boat, a huge one of cos and try it again... but i think my wife will stop me
    IT ISN'T FUNNY...u know
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

now im just wondering the next time you try something like that, let me know so i can be there to catch the remains?

sure no prob... i think 15/04/2006 i'll do it again

Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_

now im just wondering the next time you try something like that, let me know so i can be there to catch the remains?

Wow, can ask your wife to buy me one too ?

............ i believe................ like real..............
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Deregistered

that's a very nice wife you have. treasure her.

And I though I got bored in Singapore sometimes!

Crazy (if not a wind up). For reference, for the money wasted in this stunt you could have got approx 1.5-2.0 flying hours in a decent (turbine) real helicopter or about 6 hours tuition in a little piston chopper. Of course, not in Singapore as I hear civilian helicopters are not allowed here?!?

I calculate the camera weight as lens 475g + camera 700g = 1175g. Im no expert on model choppers, but this sounds like a hefty payload for a RC chopper. Not surprised you lost lift at 8 stories.

You might also want to consider the result of the unit falling onto a child below. Irresponsible IMHO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast