Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: Esplanade & City Hall 2nd April

Default Re: Esplanade & City Hall 2nd April

Quote Originally Posted by 29tim05
    from my instructor, for canon lenses, is better to buy 1st hand than 2nd hand (especially len is more than 4 to 5 years).
    Wow got instrucotr .. cant wait to meet u .. ok, thanks for the input, will consider options against funds and "pressure", but all iputs help in my infant thinking. Appreciated

yah I will do the make up for you

Quote Originally Posted by derelictz
    lol... tat was wat i suggested u do rite? but maybe u can save the money n PS clone them instead?

hee .. *giggle*, clone them! Brnig some for the coming trip

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman
    You can run but you can hide.
    Just bring your body will do, everything will be arrange and dress up properly for you.
    OMG !!! looking forward to this saturday one

Quote Originally Posted by HVB88
    Bro, if you intend to use your lens forever (or at least few years), I recommend to buy the new one.
    But if you only want to try-try (few months, and then planning to get a better one), you can buy 2nd hand. If you're lucky, you get the sharp lens with cheaper price.

Hope this is help.
    Actually being only a couple of weeks old in this DSLR thingy, I still dun understand a lot of things, dun even noe wat I really need or my niche. Sometimes I pass by a camera shop, dun even dare ask anything bcos I sound so ridiculously stewpig. Wrong terminologies, ask unrelated questions, f-stop like normal conversations but I truly dun even noe exactly what they mean in applied terms, theorictically, I can read about them but dun noe how to apply.

So buying this lens, I thought its on the safe side since its reputable and S11Loop recommended it too (Guru)

Your opinion matters too, I just have to learn and grow along the way, make some mistakes in the journey, but each of you help in helping me short-cut and avoid big mistakes I gues. Thanks ahead for guidance

Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj
    Actually being only a couple of weeks old in this DSLR thingy, I still dun understand a lot of things, dun even noe wat I really need or my niche. Sometimes I pass by a camera shop, dun even dare ask anything bcos I sound so ridiculously stewpig. Wrong terminologies, ask unrelated questions, f-stop like normal conversations but I truly dun even noe exactly what they mean in applied terms, theorictically, I can read about them but dun noe how to apply.

So buying this lens, I thought its on the safe side since its reputable and S11Loop recommended it too (Guru)

Your opinion matters too, I just have to learn and grow along the way, make some mistakes in the journey, but each of you help in helping me short-cut and avoid big mistakes I gues. Thanks ahead for guidance
    dun worry,, juz ask.. we help recommend to u wad to buy buy buy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    actually the price different not that much . When u are getting first hand stuff from shop u can usually ask them to hand u a few copy to mount on tripod and test to see which is the best copy , bring aloneg a laptop with u . I will go for the canon 50 f1.4
    When u free to go shopping ? but hor, they sell cheaper on line, eg oracle .. mm .. I am obsessed at this moment! Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Haha, I think after seeing the book you'll lust over the f/2.8 IS version instead, so getting the f/4 version is just a stop-gap measure. IMHO, L lenses are very well built, and this f/4 version has a pretty good resale value, so you can consider getting the 2nd hand - just make sure to test it properly!

Just try to keep the book clean...don't drool over the pages...keke...

Once the initial excitement is over, you'll slowly find a new balance to fit photography as a (big) part of your life. Photography cannot replace a healthy lifestyle*!

*Unless, of course, you have 20-kg equipment and you're into bodybuilding...haha...
    I like the way u look at things, are you a INFJ personality type or A/B blood group?

I think its time to start a new thread for TFCD for S11loop and hazekang!
    Find me at Claudia.sg and I work at 24seven

Quote Originally Posted by Leinaj

janiel, no worries lah.. we all started out like that! i can always accompany you if you want. drag someone out tooo..

Quote Originally Posted by illustrious
    I think its time to start a new thread for TFCD for S11loop and hazekang!
    I volunteer as MUA. I still have my camo sticks left over from my last reservist.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    can i help as well?

TFCD for S11loop and hazekang
    ====================

Models: S11loop the YANDAO PRO with his Dee-Wan-Hedge
    hazekang the LENGZAI PRO with his Too-Zelo-Dee

Date: TBA
    Time: TBA
    Venue: TBA

MUAs: rebbot and simplicity_
    Theme: Funky & Patriotic

Alright the TFCD slots are full. There will be two costume changes if time permits. There will be 7-8 photographers to each model for one session, after which we will take a 15 minute break and swap over.

Those interested please fill your nick here:
    1) Merciless_Knight
    2) Ah Pao
    3) 29tim05 (must quickly chop a place...)
    4) John Teoh (Need studio??? I can also get pro to help us in TFCD)
    5) derelictz (hope u dun mind my FZ-20.. will TRY MY BEST to do him justice)
    6) illustrious (S11loop with pinkys!!)
    7) jus (How can i miss this!!)
    8) ashleyy (wow! how can miss?)
    9) rebbot (once in a lifetime opportunity)
    10) moriahphotos (simply cant miss this opportunity!)
    11) Tulip123 (Sure come if time permits)
    12) beetlejuice (me in too, wah rare chance!)
    13) simplicity (MTL!!!!!!)
    14) HVB88 (Just tell the place and time... will be there )
    15) LeiNaj (omg ... !)

Quote Originally Posted by simplicity_
    can i help as well?
    I'll bring my entire box of make up set. I got super red blushes.
    And add some colour to the sexy lips haha can't wait.

Wah... since all are agreeable, I will start a new thread on this.

I volunteer as MUA. I still have my camo sticks left over from my last reservist.
    sorry, nevr done camo, nevr will...

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    arhh.. MTL.. now is yr chance!!!

You do camo sure kena whack by the ladies. People want to see Yaodao and Lengzai and yet you paint green, brown & black patches on their face

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    There's always a first time

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    You do camo sure kena whack by the ladies. People want to see Yaodao and Lengzai and yet you paint green, brown & black patches on their face
    That's why 2 costume changes. One garang in number 4 and one in number 1 uniform.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast