Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: Esplanade & City Hall 2nd April

Default Re: Esplanade & City Hall 2nd April

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    oh no ... u should not let yr equipment restrict yrself from anything , esp yr ideas ... having a advance piece of equipment will only make one life easier but if u depend on it too much then is more like yr equipment is controlling you ( like producing sharp , contrasty , good exposure shots but nothing else special , meaningless ) . Its better for u to understand yr equipment well and know how to make the best out of it rather then feeling restricted by anything else . U should never ever feel restricted otherwise frankly speaking its hard for u to go over the border.

I am just like you , learning just like each and everyone of us learn the different way with different steps ... one gd way to learn is to never give up despite any failure and continue to work towards yr ultimate goal , its only when u shoot more , learn , feel and inspire from those top notch photographers work then u will improve . Think of it in this way even if u got expensive pro equipment but u are not using it and keeping it at home what will you get at the end of the day ? You should be happy that u started with a decent digital camera ... most of us here i believe started purely on flim and i still remember that time i was shooting like 20 + rolls per weekend and sometime i would even spend my meals on the flim developing itself and ended up eating bread .

so bro , have a expansive mind not expensive equipment . Just my 2 cent advice

I support your points..
    hope to learn more from you......

and

check this gallery, this photographer is using FZ20 too
    Last edited by 29tim05; 4th April 2006 at 11:39 AM.
    Open My Eyes That I May See Wonderful Things In Your Law - Psalms 119:18
    Through My Len

hope u are having fun with the CS2 ! i am sure u will discover alot of new changes and improvement
    Haven't installed yet!
    Hopefully tonight...
    Thanks btw.
    Your fastest camera is as fast as your slowest lens

Quote Originally Posted by derelictz
    yea... tat's me... yea still learning... but sometimes i kinda feel the constraints... cant take the shots tat i wan in certain situations...
    can lah... my camera more worse than urs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    For FZ-20, the problem at night is that you can't see what you are shooting. You have to try to indentify the object or building.
    yea tat's 1 of them.. the viewfinder is like damn dark lor... n u have to keep on trial n error sometimes to get the exposure right.. n sometimes by then the shot u wan is already gone... esp if taking with flash
    or maybe i'm juz too noob with it.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    hmmm why is that so CSM? Its not really that dark and I thought it has quite a fast lens?
    sry for digressing.. wat's CSM?

oh no ... u should not let yr equipment restrict yrself from anything , esp yr ideas ... having a advance piece of equipment will only make one life easier but if u depend on it too much then is more like yr equipment is controlling you ( like producing sharp , contrasty , good exposure shots but nothing else special , meaningless ) . Its better for u to understand yr equipment well and know how to make the best out of it rather then feeling restricted by anything else . U should never ever feel restricted otherwise frankly speaking its hard for u to go over the border.

I am just like you , learning just like each and everyone of us learn the different way with different steps ... one gd way to learn is to never give up despite any failure and continue to work towards yr ultimate goal , its only when u shoot more , learn , feel and inspire from those top notch photographers work then u will improve . Think of it in this way even if u got expensive pro equipment but u are not using it and keeping it at home what will you get at the end of the day ? You should be happy that u started with a decent digital camera ... most of us here i believe started purely on flim and i still remember that time i was shooting like 20 + rolls per weekend and sometime i would even spend my meals on the flim developing itself and ended up eating bread .

so bro , have a expansive mind not expensive equipment . Just my 2 cent advice
    thanks alot for the advice... i'll definitely keep it in mind... i'm definitely trying to break through the barriers...

sry for digressing.. wat's CSM?
    CSM = Company Sergeant Major ( those that went tru ns will know that )

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    That is because FZ-20 is using a electronic view finder. It is quite weak when come to low light.
    yea yea.. it's an electronic viewfinder... tat's y sometimes it's really dark n i have to use AF instead of focusing myself... n this will most of the time fool the camera in where to focus...

Quote Originally Posted by rebbot
    Actually I have tried it before and I thought it was pretty decent for a prosumer to start off with. Nvm when all else fails, you can BUY BUY BUY
    it's pretty decent for a prosumer i agree... but i dun have the cash to BUY BUY BUY!

erm... i mean in his context... also Company Sergeant Major? i know CSM might be tat.. used to be in uniformed group! haha...

thanks alot for the advice... i'll definitely keep it in mind... i'm definitely trying to break through the barriers...
    thats the spirit i been telling myself too keep it up dont give up

erm... i mean in his context... also Company Sergeant Major? i know CSM might be tat.. used to be in uniformed group! haha...
    hahaha i shall leave it to him to explain

thats the spirit i been telling myself too keep it up dont give up
    haha ok.. thanks... btw.. ur avatar looks abit like tay ping hui.. haha

not company shortest man ah?

[QUOTE=moriahphotos]firstly, a big "You're welcome!" for all the thanks i m getting... dun wanna get it into my head so u guys can stop that I alredi see so many pro shots... my pics cant come close to what u guys have posted...

Here's my newbie pics(n i reli min newbie in ALL aspect)...
    #3 - Esplanade skyline

Moriahphoto .. wow, looks good enuff to be published !!!

How did u tweak the settings, teach me le ...

Default Re: Pinky:st @ Esplanade

Quote Originally Posted by illustrious
    My version of rebellious pinky:st...

I like the sharpness of focus and how they seem to complement the sign placard :P

Quote Originally Posted by HVB88
    Here are my share (fresh from PS... )
    Any comments are welcome...

I like the last picture most, the steadiness and streaks of lights, it conjures a feeling of rush .. cool ! way to go Chandra

Quote Originally Posted by beetlejuice
    Still love this one. Very abstact.
    Thanks beetlejiuce, that was a lucky shot, the reflections .. mmm got someone's leg int he pic that sort of mar the thingy :P

Quote Originally Posted by illustrious
    nice curves Leinaj! very pro leh!
    Ilustrious, wonder if my pic size are too big, pai sei a lot, your pinky so cute, next outing bring that fellow so that I can continue the series :P

wah... u said u juz started serious photography! liar!
    i think they're well done! esp a few of the more abstract n creative shots!!
    next outing i muz really steal some skills... lol! =X
    Just bought my camera not too long ago and this is the 2nd outing i participated lo, the many pro pictures stand out more wor

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast