Thread: help recomend accessories pls

Default help recomend accessories pls

just got my cheapo coolpix 800 from sitex last wk, looking at buying a uv filter and tripod...
    pls help to recommend brand and their pricing....
    if i were to get a tripod w/o quick release, wats the cost of the quick release attachment, isit more economical to buy dis addon or get one with the feature???
    tks for reading...

Hmm why don;t u take a trip down and see wats at the various photo shop ?? (Cathay) A tripod is a gd addtion but u got to lug it ard but it will enable u to take pictures with slow shutter speed without problems.

For me i have a Velabon cx888 tripod (which has a quick release) works for me !!!

UV filter $8 got liao...
    tripod u can get those $40 ones since ur 800 not too heavy... those weird brands like tanner on sale in safe etc are quite ok with a lot of weird features like spirit level and quick release...
    spend ur money on batts n mem instead
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

thanks for the replys...will go down 4 a look...is ther any brands etc i should look out for or avoid???

Originally posted by perly
    thanks for the replys...will go down 4 a look...is ther any brands etc i should look out for or avoid???
    i dun agree to get cheapo tripods. they're not stable. i'd rather spend more on a good tripod and use it perm than get one lousy one that fails. my fren bought hers for $35. the quick release broke after around 3 uses. Luckily her cam was not in it! IF you are more serious into photography then a tripod should be one of your main investments :> get rechargable batts...they help save in the long run too.
    Believe it. And it will be so.

yah...im on sanyo liaos with rayovac....
    than any good tirpods to recommend, i read most recommend slik..

i just bought a canon A40...also looking to buying some accessorries like filters and adaptor.

but how do i know which kind of adaptors are suitable ?
    and roughly how much does a PL cost?
    thinking of a +3 or 4 macro lens too^^|

actually.....I dunno how to use it la....but must try then know mah^^ from some site i read that PL u have to turn .....until u get the result u want.

and should I get a UV filter to protect my lens?

if I get a camera bag ...should I get a camera pouch then?

I got a tripod but is those cheap one lor... when keeping is 30cm, stretch to 105cm, no quick release. 500g ......got this cost I need to take it to hk .....so tot this is quick good liao , considering the size and height ...althought I at times still find it not tall enough!

got 2 x 128MB CF cards + 8MB CF...should be enough for my 6days trip to hk right?

Default eqoutes from MS color

is it true that the cp 800 require a lens adapter to attach filter???

M.S Color Service
    Blk 711 #01-3501C Ang Mo Kio Central
    Ave 8 Singapore 560711
    Tel: 6-4576380 Fax: 6-4552695
    E-mail: mscolor@singnet.com.sg

Hi

Thanks for ur enquiries.

Brand1: 3rd party
    > Model1: suitable UV filter for nikon cp 800
    Lens adapter & uv Filter $ 40.00

Terms and Condition:
    * Only Cash/ Nets Payment.
    * All Prices Excluded GST.
    * Stock subject to availablity.
    * This Quotation Valid for 7 Days.
    * Camera c/w warranty & std acc.

- Pls print out this page & produce it to ensure that the above quoted
    is
    accorded to you.

We Look Forward To Your Further Support!

Thank you.

Best Regard,
    Karen Lai.

i just bought a canon A40...also looking to buying some accessorries like filters and adaptor.

but how do i know which kind of adaptors are suitable ?
    and roughly how much does a PL cost?
    thinking of a +3 or 4 macro lens too^^|

there is original n oem lens adapter, original cost ard $35 ~ 38, oem cost ard $22 ~ 25. There only +4 macro cost ard $15.

actually.....I dunno how to use it la....but must try then know mah^^ from some site i read that PL u have to turn .....until u get the result u want.

What is PL??? Polariser issit?

Yes, if possible

if I get a camera bag ...should I get a camera pouch then?

if u get a UV filter n len adapter, a pouch is not big enought liao

I got a tripod but is those cheap one lor... when keeping is 30cm, stretch to 105cm, no quick release. 500g ......got this cost I need to take it to hk .....so tot this is quick good liao , considering the size and height ...althought I at times still find it not tall enough!

got 2 x 128MB CF cards + 8MB CF...should be enough for my 6days trip to hk right?

2 x 256 + 8 = 266mb, after formating left ard 260, when taken in the highest resolution, take it as 1mb per pic. 260/6 = 43 pic per day.

u may want to bring along a CF card reader, n upload. No more worry liao...

there is original n oem lens adapter, original cost ard $35 ~ 38, oem cost ard $22 ~ 25. There only +4 macro cost ard $15.

from where will I get this price???

What is PL??? Polariser issit?

yayay^^|...paiseh...dunno how to spell it!
    so roughly how much will it be???

Yes, if possible

but i think i ever read that UV filter might change the color of the pics?

if u get a UV filter n len adapter, a pouch is not big enought liao

I know...but i was wondering if i were to put the camera inside the camera gbag...do i still need a camera pouch?^^|

2 x 256 + 8 = 266mb, after formating left ard 260, when taken in the highest resolution, take it as 1mb per pic. 260/6 = 43 pic per day.

hee...i dun have o.....only got a pcmcia card reader.....so i was thinking if I need to bring the software and usb wire along~^^|....

thankx for providing me with me info^^_^ hheee^^