Thread: What is "GP 2 COMDR N GUNNER conversion course?"

Default What is "GP 2 COMDR N GUNNER conversion course?"

Sibei sian, just got one letter to attend a 3 week GP2 COMDR n GUNNER conversion course at Clementi Camp. Any idea what that is ... and how mentally prepared I should be for a tough time ? I dont even remember how to clean a rifle! I was in the band during my NS days.

Default Re: What is "GP 2 COMDR N GUNNER conversion course?"

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Sibei sian, just got one letter to attend a 3 week GP2 COMDR n GUNNER conversion course at Clementi Camp. Any idea what that is ... and how mentally prepared I should be for a tough time ? I dont even remember how to clean a rifle! I was in the band during my NS days.
    2PDF huh.

Guess it's to convert you into a PDF sect comd?
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

huh ? I CPL only man... how to command. heh.

CPL good enough to be sect 2IC.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Deregistered

Can always promote to 3SG. Not very hard.

When is your ICT ? Got a 3 weeks ICT in Aug in clementi camp too.. 1st ICT since ORD 4 yrs ago.. sianz... Dunno gotta chiong sua once again.. or POI...
    Last edited by stonefish35; 24th March 2006 at 12:28 AM.

Talking Re: What is "GP 2 COMDR N GUNNER conversion course?"

GPMG gunner conversion course? maybe they use GP2 in case 'MG-machine gun' scares you off

If you are a CPL then you'll be trained as a gunner, 3rd SGT and above will be trained as commander.

Quite sure its some big guns, otherwise no need to have commander and gunner train together.

Have fun...and good luck. Done mine more than 10 years ago, going MR this year

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35
    When is your ICT ? Got a 3 weeks ICT in Aug in clementi camp too.. 1st ICT since ORD 4 yrs ago.. sianz... Dunno gotta chiong sua once again.. or POI...
    Hello fellow Clementi camp ICT brother . I am going in for my first ICT too since I ORDed in 1998!

huh ? I CPL only man... how to command. heh.
    How to command? Like dat command loh.

Dun think, juz cheong.
    See anything that moves that doesn't reek of SAF or Singapore, juz grenade and spray.
    If the thing hides in the building, call in the bombers, arty or get one of ya LAW gunner up and lob a HEAT round in. Den grenade, spray. Run in and spray every room.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by sunfish
    GPMG gunner conversion course? maybe they use GP2 in case 'MG-machine gun' scares you off

If you are a CPL then you'll be trained as a gunner, 3rd SGT and above will be trained as commander.

Quite sure its some big guns, otherwise no need to have commander and gunner train together.

Have fun...and good luck. Done mine more than 10 years ago, going MR this year

Maybe 84mm ? Or Spike ?

Are you going for 155mm artillery course? Se bei siong. Put up camo net in the rain isn't any fun. Anyway this year is my last year. I MR in November.

Just receive another letter. Posted to 481 ASU . any idea simi lai eh ? Scared sia.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    How to command? Like dat command loh.

Dun think, juz cheong.
    See anything that moves that doesn't reek of SAF or Singapore, juz grenade and spray.
    If the thing hides in the building, call in the bombers, arty or get one of ya LAW gunner up and lob a HEAT round in. Den grenade, spray. Run in and spray every room.
    i like it ... sibeh fierce statement

2PDF.
    go do POI lo
    Last edited by VR2; 31st March 2006 at 03:03 AM.