Thread: Can anyone out there pls help me clear my doubts?

Default Can anyone out there pls help me clear my doubts?

Helloz..I'm a newbiez..Just brought a canon A620 few weeks back..Taken some photos,there's two photo which i can't figure out it's effect,one looks blur at e rear image but e close up is clear,e other look clear at e rear image but e close up is blur..Can anyone one share some pointers with me on how to get these two different effect?

Default Re: Can anyone out there pls help me clear my doubts?

Quote Originally Posted by zheng_ruixian
    Helloz..I'm a newbiez..Just brought a canon A620 few weeks back..Taken some photos,there's two photo which i can't figure out it's effect,one looks blur at e rear image but e close up is clear,e other look clear at e rear image but e close up is blur..Can anyone one share some pointers with me on how to get these two different effect?

ur english abit cheem. don't mind post some images so that we will know what u are talking and helping u better?

alright ..among your chim-ness in your powder-ful english ..I think you are refering to depth of field and point of focus

I think if I don't get you wrongly, it's about selective focus? You want to know how to choose whether it's the front you want to be sharp or the rear you want to be sharp?

If that's what you want, all you have to do is to place what you want to be sharp in the centre and then hold down the shutter release button halfway so that the camera focuses on the object you want to be sharp, then shift the camera to frame what you want and press it all the way down to take the picture.

If you want the rear to be sharp, same thing, put the rear object in the centre first, hold down the shutter release button halfway until that object is sharp, then move the camera to frame the front object then press all the way to take the picture.

How to post pic here? I'm new..Don't know how this forum work also..

Please read more on: FAQs and Feedback forum
    Users Guide to Posting Images in ClubSNAP Forums

and more other FAQ here, at newbie forum:
    List of Frequently Asked Questions, Stickies and Other Useful Info for Newbies
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Lightbulb Re: Can anyone out there pls help me clear my doubts?

The different is between these two photo..I don't know bout e focus etc,i go more with feelings in photo taking..Pls teach me more on photo taking tips..Thankz

u auto focus issit?....erm..cus the two things are at diff distance from the cam and thus the cam suka suka choose one to focus lor

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    u auto focus issit?....erm..cus the two things are at diff distance from the cam and thus the cam suka suka choose one to focus lor
    Nope..I use optical zoom..I asked my girlfriend to off e digi zoom..It's both at same distance but i also find it funny why two photo gotta different effect..

Nope..I use optical zoom..I asked my girlfriend to off e digi zoom..It's both at same distance but i also find it funny why two photo gotta different effect..
    in picture one, the camera focused on the wall in the background. in picture 2, you probably shifted the camera slightly, and the camera auto focused on the object near to you, hence the background was out of focus. Nothing to do with zoom here.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo
    in picture one, the camera focused on the wall in the background. in picture 2, you probably shifted the camera slightly, and the camera auto focused on the object near to you, hence the background was out of focus. Nothing to do with zoom here.
    Can i ask how do i take those photo if i wanna e effect again? What must i do to let e rear image blur n let e front image sharp? What must i do to let e rear image sharp n let e front image sharp? Pls enlighten me..Thankz..

The trick will be not to let the camera choose the focusing point. Select the centre focusing point, point it at the object you want to be in focus, half press on the shutter, and den recompose the shot to whatever angle you want, then fully depress the shutter. The object you focused on initially will be clear, and the background will be blurred.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

first thing you need to do is go to the camera menu, look for this function called AiAF, and turn it off. that way the camera will focus on objects in the centre of the screen.

after that, you can do what other people have posted about how to focus on an object to make it sharp.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Quote Originally Posted by pai
    first thing you need to do is go to the camera menu, look for this function called AiAF, and turn it off. that way the camera will focus on objects in the centre of the screen.

after that, you can do what other people have posted about how to focus on an object to make it sharp.
    Thankz i'll try!!

Another way to achieve close focussing distance is to turn on your macro mode. Then the camera only focuses on closer range objects. That way, the background will be really blur! =)
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...