Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Re: copyright violation

Default Re: copyright violation

Hi roti_prata.

Appreciate your coming forward and really humbling yourself; as mentioned this is indeed a learning experience.

Let's move on!

Glad to see the happy ending after all

....prata....lets hope more will forgive u...esp the owners

It's good that you apologised properly. finally. Don't sweat not being good yet, everyone starts somewhere. Rome wasn't built in a day, I'm sure you know all these common phrases. Just start small, practice practice practice. It doesn't matter a bit if you are unable to produce good work at first, as long as you continue to have the passion for photography, you will always appreciate it, even if you don't reach a "pro" level, if you don't intend to work full time in photography it doesn't really matter. What matters is you enjoy photography in itself, not receiving praise from people, else why have it as a hobby.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

You Guys! Read carefully what I'm saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Breathe
    Personally, I don't even blame your actions at all. I understand some people like to talk big, etc etc. I also like to talk big and make unreasonable claims sometimes (just for the fun of it). I'm not saying what you did is right (or wrong) though.
    I did not say whether it is right or wrong.

OT: I think, clearly the opinion on copyright infringement is the benchmark that sets the amateurs and the pros apart.
    Firstly, when i say amateurs it refer to hobbyists like me. I'm honoured if people like my photos (as long as its not personal content) as its only a pastime to me. And I am not serious on photography (at least not yet). Pros on the other hand, make money from it, of course copyright is important to them. You stating that taking credit in my professional line of work...that is exactly what I said, it is important to me, because it is my pro.

Secondly, I said its OT. It is not directly referring to this rotiprata issue. It is merely an observation, or rather an opinion, on my part on how different ppl might view photo sharing. It's like saying i think amateurs like to share photos, and I get flamed????

Thirdly, why flame others for expressing their opinions? This is a forum, and forums are defined to be places where ppl express their opinions.

Maybe it is pointless to write opinions on forums? We should all become YES-men in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    i know that his school has been named but why? this issue has nothing to do with the school at all. i don't understand why the school is still involved in this or who brought the name of the school in.

even if it's copyright infringment, it only has to do with the authoriites and nothing to do with the school. it's not so good to drag something not directly involved into this case.

I am glad the school pricipal is showing some concern, probably he knows that he is still accountable for the behaviour of students outside school time.....I know in today's context this is quite difficult for most people to grasp, but a student's behaviour outside school is a direct reflection of the education he receive in school.

Roti_prata: let this be a stern lesson for you. You have made a mistake, but nevertheless finally picked up the courage and made a sincere apology to all. A real man is about being real, and it includes admitting your mistakes. On this point we can see that you're on your way there.

For every action, there will be consequences. May this be one of your mantras in life.

To the CS community: now that roti_prata has made a geninue apology, we don't see the "righteous" here who demanded that this be blown out of proportion, coming in here and shooting down his apology? No more Reality TV...
    Last edited by Ah Pao; 22nd March 2006 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    To the CS community: now that roti_prata has made a geninue apology, we don't see the "righteous" here who demanded that this be blown out of proportion, coming in here and shooting down his apology? No more Reality TV...

That's good. It shows the ppl in CS community all have a HEART

Good heart: Broken heart: Healed heart
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

As wat i say, 4give n 4get bros
    Learn your lesson and let tis be the last mistake u ever made

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    i know that his school has been named but why? this issue has nothing to do with the school at all. i don't understand why the school is still involved in this or who brought the name of the school in.

even if it's copyright infringment, it only has to do with the authoriites and nothing to do with the school. it's not so good to drag something not directly involved into this case.
    well, maybe like me,
    the principal believes that education is all rounded
    n does not stop at the boundary of the school fences?

better that its giving advice rather than punishment though.
    prata needs a guiding hand now more than ever.

wearing my yellow ribbon now

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Hi roti_prata.

Appreciate your coming forward and really humbling yourself; as mentioned this is indeed a learning experience.

Let's move on!
    yeah.. i agree. let's move on... and take more photos!
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonnew
    I am glad the school pricipal is showing some concern, probably he knows that he is still accountable for the behaviour of students outside school time.....I know in today's context this is quite difficult for most people to grasp, but a student's behaviour outside school is a direct reflection of the education he receive in school.
    I think it's highly debatable whether this is the school's business. However, if the school gets into this, I would wish it was first and foremost out of concern for the individual, not out of concern for the image of the school.

Roti, as i've emphasized earlier on your previous apology thread, don't ever do these kind of silly things again. We all here say u is for your own gd so that u don't do the same thing again. Learn from your mistakes cos everyone makes mistakes.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Cheers to you, that you have admitted to your mistakes.

What you can do to amend, others have mentioned liao lar..
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

i wish to add on, as the flickr account has been deleted, i am uncertain exactly from who i leached from. i have already made a formal apology through pm to jediforce4ever. i have also emailed andyhunt whose photos i leached. please do contact me if i have violated your copyrights.
    Last edited by roti_prata; 22nd March 2006 at 07:26 PM.

Firstly, when i say amateurs it refer to hobbyists like me. I'm honoured if people like my photos (as long as its not personal content) as its only a pastime to me. And I am not serious on photography (at least not yet). Pros on the other hand, make money from it, of course copyright is important to them. You stating that taking credit in my professional line of work...that is exactly what I said, it is important to me, because it is my pro.
    Heh.

I think money has nothing to do with it. It's just a matter of pride. E.g. one of the victims managed to get his picture into A.Net's picture of the week. He didn't make any money out of it, but there's a sense of achievement in that photo and there was an attempt to steal that achievement.

Cheers!

It's good to see that you finally apologized for your misdeeds. I believe you still owe Bailey an apology too. However, I would like to stress that this issue was brought upon by yourself, not anybody else. Cheers .

i understand that this was all my own doing. how can i contact Bailey?

Bailey can be contacted through www.airteamimages.com

(It's not David Bailey)

This goes to show that we're not out to lynch a kid (as some has believed) but all we want is a sincere apology. Anyone can type "sorry"...

As friends of Damien Chng (Jediforce4ever) and Andrew Hunt, I can tell you they are great people. With a sincere apology, I'm very sure they won't pursue the matter.

I too have been offended by your claims (since I did doubt your story and you lied abt it), but it's good to see that you are remorseful and are sincere in your apology. Do learn something from this.

Don't worry abt your pics not making A.net's standards... they have very, very high standards. As long as you like your shots, who cares abt A.net? Just shoot for yourself. If you are really interested in shooting planes, I'm sure I can arrange something with you.
    Last edited by philliptan; 22nd March 2006 at 07:55 PM.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Bailey can be contacted through www.airteamimages.com

(It's not David Bailey)
    I don't think non members can pm him thru anet forums

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast