Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reverse Marco

Default Re: Reverse Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Yes i've tried it once and it's so hard to use. Being an only manual focusing lens, turning the barrel in and out can be quite a chore.
    Been there done that.. with that kind of magnification, AF is almost useless, even with AF macro lenses. I use macro lenses with extension tubes so the magnification is quite high and the DoF is quite shallow and focusing is very critical. If the magnification is crucial, you will even need a macro slider to focus. Best is to have Tilt and Shift then you can tilt to increase the DoF.

Too bad I am not able to post any pictures to illustrate because they belong to the previous company I was in and there are IP concerns.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 23rd March 2006 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    Been there done that.. with that kind of magnification, AF is almost useless, even with AF macro lenses. I use macro lenses with extension tubes so the magnification is quite high and the DoF is quite shallow and focusing is very critical. If the magnification is crucial, you will even need a macro slider to focus. Best is to have Tilt and Shift then you can tilt to increase the DoF.

Too bad I am not able to post any pictures to illustrate because they belong to the previous company I was in and there are IP concerns.
    Yupz...for those who always shoot macro, a focusing rail, extension tube is very important. For me i don't have a macro lens so can only take close ups by adding a close up filter on my 50mm.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Yupz...for those who always shoot macro, a focusing rail, extension tube is very important. For me i don't have a macro lens so can only take close ups by adding a close up filter on my 50mm.
    You can try reversal rings too, right? I don't think they are too expensive and you don't affect the optics.

You can try reversal rings too, right? I don't think they are too expensive and you don't affect the optics.
    Yupz but reversal rings are a bit expensive and i haven't tried reverse macro before.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Deregistered

Huh? BR-2A approx $30 only.

Cheap, fast alternative to carrying on more Micro glass when I need it.

Yupz but reversal rings are a bit expensive and i haven't tried reverse macro before.
    Ok. I don't know the price for EF rings. F-mount rings would probably cost less than $50.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Huh? BR-2A approx $30 only.

Cheap, fast alternative to carrying on more Micro glass when I need it.
    There you go! only $30!

Ok. I don't know the price for EF rings. F-mount rings would probably cost less than $50.
    The ones i saw for EF mounts are going for around $40 to $40+.

The ones i saw for EF mounts are going for around $40 to $40+.
    Yeah.. so they still affordable. You will find that the quality is better than CU filters.

Yeah.. so they still affordable. You will find that the quality is better than CU filters.
    Well of course at the close up filters will somehow degrade quality a bit due to the addition of an extra glass in front, similar to conversion lenses. But i think the price of those rings are a bit overpriced as i don't have a large pocket.

Well of course at the close up filters will somehow degrade quality a bit due to the addition of an extra glass in front, similar to conversion lenses. But i think the price of those rings are a bit overpriced as i don't have a large pocket.
    What about 3rd party rings?

What about 3rd party rings?
    Seems like those are the 3rd party ones.

Seems like those are the 3rd party ones.
    *Gasp* Then how much will the original ones cost!

*Gasp* Then how much will the original ones cost!
    Not sure though, haven't seen anyone of the originals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12