Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Apology

Default Re: Public Apology

Yeah... I hope they serve prata on SQ flights.

Airplane + Prata = high flying dough

As much as I am tempted to grill this guy over his comments on my alma mater, I think the rest should take a step back and chill. Give that kid sometime to organize his thoughts and not pressurize him for an apology. All are here for discussion, not for a lynch party.

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Dont forget he can afford a 300/2.8 VR leh... so a couple of thousands in a lawsuit wouldn't flatten the prata lah....
    Hmm.......a few thousands is just for unauthorised use of David Bailey's image/images.

tens of thousands in damages for passing off Bailey's photographs as his own? PRICELESS!!!

This roti prata better have deep pockets man. When these photographers sue, they sue BIG TIME!

Oh my... what i miss?

Only not been looking at this thread few minutes advance so far liao.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    As much as I am tempted to grill this guy over his comments on my alma mater, I think the rest should take a step back and chill. Give that kid sometime to organize his thoughts and not pressurize him for an apology. All are here for discussion, not for a lynch party.
    Personally think that is too late now since this thread has gone to 9 pages

To Roti_Prata, next time PLS think before you leap cos if u don't, you'll fall deep into a pit.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Marmaks not only serve prata, but operate money changer as well. Yeah... this doughboy has deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by STShooter
    Hmm.......a few thousands is just for unauthorised use of David Bailey's image/images.

tens of thousands in damages for passing off Bailey's photographs as his own? PRICELESS!!!

This roti prata better have deep pockets man. When these photographers sue, they sue BIG TIME!
    If really sue, i think even his entire house have to sell also not enough.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

when are the school holidays ending ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    If really sue, i think even his entire house have to sell also not enough.
    Yeah... The last time someone did the same to Michael Yamashita. The chap got sued for $10,000!

Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    roti-prata or his clone ....... due to your lack of sincerity in your apology, we have informed THE PRESS.... We are sure you have created all this "hoo-ha" because you wanted attention ....not bcos you wanted easy access to the photographers' pictures...... Good try..think of a better excuse next time

It really is a news-worthy event. The media will have a field day with the following:
    1. how people have a tendency to hide behind false personas and misrepresent themselves online
    2. how easily they can be found out (using a 300mm lens or 12x zoom lens equivalent in a plane cockpit, claiming to be on a SIN-LAX flight when the bearing on the photo points to a northwesterly direction) and traced, right down to your phone number. You can't hide in the Internet!
    3. the issue of intellectual property and identity theft. How can you can protect yourself against imposters? What are your legal avenues?
    4. the huge backlash against the culprit, almost akin to an online lynching. Add a quote from a psychologist on this phenomena.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    when are the school holidays ending ...?
    ended already..
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by TMC

Hmm... hope I was not the one who commented anything bad on you alma mater. Apologies if I had unwittingly done so.

Frankly, I don't think an apology is in order here anymore. I just think that he does not know how grave a matter this is. Ignorance does not allow you to plead innocent in a court of law. Besides, he knew what he was doing from the start. He just didn't know how deep a hole he had dug for himself.

This is Copyright Violation, plain and simple. He needs to get his facts right. Know your mistake, face the music, live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Yeah... The last time someone did the same to Michael Yamashita. The chap got sued for $10,000!
    $10K is ok lah, if someone's pockets are so deep, what's $10K to him? Even if it's in pounds, also no probs.

At least the house can get to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes

It really is a news-worthy event. The media will have a field day with the following:
    1. how people have a tendency to hide behind false personas and misrepresent themselves online
    2. how easily they can be found out (using a 300mm lens or 12x zoom lens equivalent in a plane cockpit, claiming to be on a SIN-LAX flight when the bearing on the photo points to a northwesterly direction) and traced, right down to your phone number. You can't hide in the Internet!
    3. the issue of intellectual property and identity theft. How can you can protect yourself against imposters? What are your legal avenues?
    4. the huge backlash against the culprit, almost akin to an online lynching. Add a quote from a psychologist on this phenomena.
    yup, brudder ...although the leeched pics werent mine, I am just pissed by what he has written ...the insincere apology was the last straw

I have emailed the editors of TODAY and STRAITS TIMES. I reiterate again let this be a warning

To Roti_Prata, next time PLS think before you leap cos if u don't, you'll fall deep into a pit.
    kekeke... think he'll spend some time climbing out of this sh!t hole to want to jump again...

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Eh dude... I'm sure that the house is worth much more then just 10000 right?

Anyway, let's give this guy a break, we're no lynch mob or the judge and the juror.

Whatever must come will come. Let's not fan the fire under the prata so as to speak...

I think he's got the point.

PEACE!!

$10K is ok lah, if someone's pockets are so deep, what's $10K to him? Even if it's in pounds, also no probs.

At least the house can get to keep.
    It was in Singapore dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    ended already..

Maybe class just resumed, so not much homework?

Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    yup, brudder ...although the leeched pics werent mine, I am just pissed by what he has written ...the insincere apology was the last straw

I have emailed the editors of TODAY and STRAITS TIMES. I reiterate again let this be a warning

Should I email Mr David Bailey? Now "my bad!"

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast