Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Thread: Public Apology

Default Re: Public Apology

Morning wake up still so HOT ar tis topic...
    So AhV inform the PRESS liao ar?? Isn't tat abit harsh for tat little boy ?
    mayb little boy egoism high so he can tink of tat kind of story la.. Cant put abit water to him meh? treat it as a poor storytelling lo
    Guess he should come out and reply to all this 11 pages of replies.. Wheres he ?
    btw, spoil my mood of eating prata sia

Thanks for agreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Yes...i agree with u totally!
    Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow
    Well:

A man reaps what he sows. We all have to live with the consequences of our actions.

"Your own conduct and actions have brought this upon you. This is your punishment. How bitter it is! How it pierces to the heart!" (quoted)

But also remember:

If any one of us is without any fault, let him be the first to throw a stone at him.

We all have our mistakes, we all tell lies at some stage or other, some of us may have taken credit for a job that is done mostly by others but just because we happen to be the project leader.

So:

Live and let live. Learn to forgive. I surely think that he will live with this nightmare for the rest of his life. Hopefully he can teach his children to never ever thread this path in their lives.
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    are the moderators involved too? wonder what's their stance on this issue.
    We are definitely watching this.

Personally I don't see much sense all this bashing. If there is any action to be taken against roti_prata it is definitely up to the one's whose picture/s were actually leeched. For those not directly involved, my suggestion for you is to refrain from stone casting. You are of course free to express your own feelings about this issue but I don't think you need to go to the extend of calling for legal actions. I pretty much agree with what Bleuwhale has said. I also feel that there is absolutely no need to drag in names of schools or organizations.

If the posts here get out of hand or if there were really to be legal actions taken then CS admin will most likely have to close this and other related threads and shelf them for evidence.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow
    Thanks for agreeing.
    ya, guess calling the press is rather heavy. It can get out of control from there.

Had some correspondence with one of the victims last evening. At that point, he was seeking legal advice and contemplating making a police report.

Both may leave a permanent black mark on his record.

If you ask me, getting the school in would be sufficient enough. The school will probably counsel him and end of story. Then again, it's up to the owners to decide.
    Last edited by melnjes; 22nd March 2006 at 09:19 AM.

What an ego trip gone wrong! This topic hotter than hotcakes!

Well prata boy, you got only yourself to blame for shooting yourself in the foot. I suggest you do some damage limitation and contact those whose pics you leech and make a sincere apology. Time to be a man.

For those not involve, perhaps hold back your guns a little first? I think he leech these photos to showoff only. No commercial gains?

I totally agree. we should not all be so high and mighty and condemn this guy. He is in his formative years still. HE NEEDS COUNSELLING not a group of people threatening him with risk be being sued and condemning him until he is probably worth nothing.

You all know how brittle teens are nowadays with all the pressure of acheiving results. The society has created us to want to be the best. I really think that this is one of the reasons that set him to plagarise.

Don't put anymore pressure on this poor kid. You don't want to read about him in the papers at the foot of some HDB flat, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleuwhale
    IN DEFENSE OF ROTI…

Much as Roti' actions had been wrong, there lies in me a deep sadness for the attacks that he is facing in this community. While not trying to belittle the seriousness of "passing off", I beg you all to bear in mind that this is but the actions of a young teen, immature as he may be.

While no doubt that age negates little, the actions of many here cry worse that Roti's act(s) of "passing off".

I do not know Roti personally and bear him no defense of his actions. Yet however, I think it horrid that many of us jump into the noise to attack a child the manner we so have for whatever wrong he has committed. I do not know of yet another instance where a child has been put up to a court of public prosecution be it in Singapore or any other civilized, modern nation.

Yes, what he did was wrong and should be counseled. But that gives us no excuse to jump in and make various claims as though we truly know what we speak…. For it is only those who do not fault [on] the lines of P2P downloads, Pirated VCD purchase, installation of Unlicensed Computer products and the like that have that “right” to condemn for after all, “passing off” and “copyright infringement” come side by side. Of course, those personally injured by Roti’s actions have the right to speak with him personally… but to have this aired out in this manner puts many of us to shame.

In particular, I find the posts of a certain gentleman very offensive. Should you wish to push on your legal knowledge, can you please tell me what “damages” you are talking about? And indeed if there are (of course there are), can you quantify such to justify your repetition of damages, damages, damages through your many posts in want of frightening the young child.

I regret what I see in this community and only pray for all involved.
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    We are definitely watching this.

Personally I don't see much sense all this bashing. If there is any action to be taken against roti_prata it is definitely up to the one's whose picture/s were actually leeched. For those not directly involved, my suggestion for you is to refrain from stone casting. You are of course free to express your own feelings about this issue but I don't think you need to go to the extend of calling for legal actions. I pretty much agree with what Bleuwhale has said. I also feel that there is absolutely no need to drag in names of schools or organizations.

If the posts here get out of hand or if there were really to be legal actions taken then CS admin will most likely have to close this and other related threads and shelf them for evidence.
    been refraining from posting anything here, cos none of my business anyway... finally roy said something that i've been wanting to say...

i see a lot of members asking pp to give chance and forgive and etc etc, and some who bash up left right center upside down..

but whats e point really? if its the person who's photos are being leeched i still can understand, since most of us are just a bystander in this issue, no need to get so heated up right?

honestly, i can't be bothered what will happen to him at all... if the photographers or A.net decided to press charges, so be it. Thats their photos thats being leeched after all...

outta here~
    Last edited by ~Arcanic~; 22nd March 2006 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    W This topic hotter than hotcakes!
    McDonald's should start selling prata instead of hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    What an ego trip gone wrong! This topic hotter than hotcakes!

Well prata boy, you got only yourself to blame for shooting yourself in the foot. I suggest you do some damage limitation and contact those whose pics you leech and make a sincere apology. Time to be a man.

For those not involve, perhaps hold back your guns a little first? I think he leech these photos to showoff only. No commercial gains?
    true..he tink hes big enough to show off? now he should b BIG enough to come out n say something...thought ahV brought out his guns liao?? Too late or not har?

Its probably better to try(cannot totally la) n 4give n 4get...everyone needs a 2nd chance yeah
    Last edited by newbiegrapher; 22nd March 2006 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    So what if he is a Rafflesian. A student from a non-branded neighbourhood school has got better moral and ethics than our Pillsbury doughboy. More like a Rafflesia..... Stink!

Look down on you ah. Shame shame

Quote Originally Posted by newbiegrapher
    true..he tink hes big enough to show off? now he should b BIG enough to come out n say something...thought ahV brought out his guns liao?? Too late or not har?
    Ego trip gone wrong la. While i will not defend him cos he is old enough to know what is right or wrong, i dun think i will want or its right to condamn him. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance?

The issue here is his lack of sincere in his apology. If not, i guess he will be forgiven.

Cut that doughboy some slacks. Email his parents instead of the press and media. Let them do the disciplinary work.
    Last edited by photobum; 22nd March 2006 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiegrapher

Its probably better to try(cannot totally la) n 4give n 4get...everyone needs a 2nd chance yeah
    Acutally, he was given a second chance, but he blew it ...... What is required of him is to offer a sincere apology, that is about it. Then he came up with a most stupid excuses in this so called public apology where he DOES NOT admit of using other people's work as his own and instead said he likes the pictures and just keep it for his own collection.

Thus I guess the community just wanted a TRUE, SINCERE apology from him and not half baked words to cover his own tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Acutally, he was given a second chance, but he blew it ...... What is required of him is to offer a sincere apology, that is about it. Then he came up with a most stupid excuses in this so called public apology where he DOES NOT admit of using other people's work as his own and instead said he likes the pictures and just keep it for his own collection.

Thus I guess the community just wanted a TRUE, SINCERE apology from him and not half baked words to cover his own tracks.
    tats y we are waiting for "the Great 1" to come out n say something right now

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    C'mon, he is a teenaged school boy. How sincere can he be? He will learn to cheat, lie and steal his way to the top of the hierarchy.

The only people who I think are really sincere are those old folks sitting on wheelchairs.

the photos are deleted, so there is no proof?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Cut that doughboy some slacks. Email his parents instead of the press and media. Let them do the disciplinary work.
    haha... u oughta read the commentary in today's Life section abt how parents are delegating disciplinary responsibilities to the police nowadays.

the bottom line, IMO is this - as much as we shldn't drag the name of the school down in the mud, threatening him with legal actions etc... we also shldn't be molly-coddling him either. counselling? sorry, eng_keow, it doesn't work most of the time. spend 5 mins with my wife (she's in-charge of pastoral care in a SAP school), and she'll tell u all the stories of how the modern counselling theories of child-caring fail, and very spectularly, i might add. yeah. in some cases, it works. most of the time tho, it fails cos the kid is not dumb either. the really tough ones just treat it as 'wind beside the ear' (to borrow a chinese phrase). wats needed is to drill in them a sense of responsibility - to own up if u are wrong. i couldn't have said it better than blurblock.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Blog Entries

We are closing off this thread and de-registering the clone account.

If roti_prata wishes to post another apology, he may do so with his original account (which, for member's information, was not placed under any moderation or restrictions).

Thanks!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112