Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Thread: Public Apology

Blog Entries

Default Re: Public Apology

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Ah..... I had prata for breakfast this morning. The instant kind, of course. Just like what the TV ad says: "Every bite is a moment."

great... u are making me hungry again, rite after my breakfast...

hehe... i wonder how's the prata man doing rite now in school... the bell shld have just went off somewhere in bishan 15mins ago...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

wa seh, jus woke up. jumped so many pages! spent 20-30mins catching up.

i think the media will be so involved soon. all the makings of a serial drama ala Suria channel.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    great... u are making me hungry again, rite after my breakfast...
    I will pass by Thomson Road on my way to work later. Care to join me for a real, pipping hot, crispy prata?

Blog Entries

I will pass by Thomson Road on my way to work later. Care to join me for a real, pipping hot, crispy prata?
    ah... casurina park? one whole row of prata shops right outside the reservior.

me? i'll settle for fong seng's cheese prata outside NUS.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    forgive and forget.

roti prata did something wrong, and he was caught, now he apologised. let's forgive this young man.

everyone mades mistake, regardless big or small, so don't push this boy to a corner, he may not take it anymore.
    i agree with all of these. the only thing is, if you look at his apology, you'll realise that it's not a sincere apology at all. he didn't even admit what he really did. maybe less people would be pushing him if he came clean.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Quote Originally Posted by clone_roti_prata
    this is roti_prata, i hereby apologise to fellow clubsnap members. i realise that i have not been resposible with my actions regarding my flickr account. while the majority of the photos are mine, some are indeed taken from airliners.net. i intended the account as a collection of the photos i liked and do not wish to pass off those beautiful shots as being my own. i understand that this can be considered an violation of copyright. i also understand that this can be considered an act of dishonesty. i have thus deleted the account. i am deeply remorseful and plead for your forgiveness i promise such incidents will not occur again as i will learn to think twice before acting. sorry again for the unpleasantries.
    <censored> You think this is HWZ's EDMW is it?
    Last edited by roygoh; 22nd March 2006 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    What sort of apology is this? What you say above contradicts your actions in
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=172435
    Wow this morning is the first time i'm looking at this thread of his, and i really don't think that passengers are allowed on cockpits. For somebody to give such a comprehensive lie, i really that he should really get a life.

Ah..... I had prata for breakfast this morning. The instant kind, of course. Just like what the TV ad says: "Every bite is a moment."

The saddest part is our doughboy is a student from a premium and prestigious education institution. He will either be a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer or a minister some day. (Unlike me, I will forever be just a poor photographer). A bright future ahead of him. He will make crucial judgments and decisions for the benefits of humanity. BUT, how can he benefit humanity when he already lost his trustworthiness from the society?
    Totally agree with you. What are our "premier institutions" churning out these days? Are they only concerned with academic achievements? Is character building the lowest priority for them? These students are suppose to be the some of the brightest and best that S'pore has. If Roti prata is symptomatic of our education system, then I fear for S'pore's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    Totally agree with you. What are our "premier institutions" churning out these days? Are they only concerned with academic achievements? Is character building the lowest priority for them? These students are suppose to be the some of the brightest and best that S'pore has. If Roti prata is symptomatic of our education system, then I fear for S'pore's future.

In my opinion, most "educational institutions" are not doing "education", but churning out technocrats.

Does technology have a mind?

Deregistered

Wow.. this thread is faster than STG Season I?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by filofari
    lol... late night soap drama... not bad sia

prolly thats how he got into the cockpit
    When you are commissioned to shoot, you can get into the cockpit lah...

are the moderators involved too? wonder what's their stance on this issue.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    are the moderators involved too? wonder what's their stance on this issue.
    Probably sitting stance, cannot be horse stance

alamak, good thing roti prata din't claim that the National Geographic special on the fighter planes as his own. remember that the story is covered with a D1X!

300 f2.8 on a cockpit.. only now then i read his thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Wow.. this thread is faster than STG Season I?
    arh bur then.... wat we got here is a student (no... not u, Student... hehe...) from a top school in singapore caught with his pants down (or the hand in the cookie jar), internationally and locally.... wat more could u ask for?

think Jack Neo might wanna make a movie out of this - "I really stupid" (mebbe?)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    alamak, good thing roti prata din't claim that the National Geographic special on the fighter planes as his own. remember that the story is covered with a D1X!

300 f2.8 on a cockpit.. only now then i read his thread.
    If you've been into a cockpit, 300 f/2.8 should shoot you right outside the window

Quote Originally Posted by student
    In my opinion, most "educational institutions" are not doing "education", but churning out technocrats.

Does technology have a mind?
    Nope..ain't that just sad. And in another couple of decades, Spore will evolve into this souless, unethical, machine like city.

Deregistered

arh bur then.... wat we got here is a student (no... not u, Student... hehe...) from a top school in singapore caught with his pants down (or the hand in the cookie jar), internationally and locally.... wat more could u ask for?

think Jack Neo might wanna make a movie out of this - "I really stupid" (mebbe?)
    Well, I *DO* live near RJ, somebody t-loan me a D2X + 500 f/4 and I'll stand by there one morning and keep a look out, how's that?

I think the suitable name is - "I not stupid (NOT!)"

Perhaps a chronological order of events may help.

(1) Guy posts photos. See
    http://clubsnap.org/forums/showthrea...19#post2005019
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=172435
    I'm not sure if there're more. Take a look at the threads, especially the second one.

(2) A thread was posted asking if this was ethical
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=184903
    Going to his flickr gallery, you would see more photos plagiarised. Note that copyrights on these photos were removed. Some photos belong to Clubsnap members, others belong to Airliner.net.

(3) On 21 Mar, at least one attempt was made to PM him (read somewhere in the middle of the third link). He replies and maintains that the photos are his. His last logon was yesterday just after 1700 hrs, so we know at least up till that point, he could still log on, reply his PMs and had the opportunity to send an apology. None was given.

(4) Late afternoon 21 Mar, he apparently deletes his flickr account. All pictures disappear.
    He remains quiet in Clubsnap but remains active in the Hardwarezone forums, offering opinions and advice. Members start getting worked up due to what they see as an attempt to pretend that nothing has happened.

(5) Evening of 21 Mar. Attempts were made to contact Timber Wolf who is known to know the guy. Timber Wolf talks to the guy. So now the guy knows he has been traced. The guy claims it is a misunderstanding and Timber Wolf posts in Clubsnap as such. Members direct Timber Wolf to previous posts and pointed out that it cannot be a simple misunderstanding. Timber Wolf talks to the guy again who says he will offer a public apology.

(6) Public apology is given. Public apology however continues to maintain that there was never an intention to pass off photos as his own. CS members refer again to
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=172435 as well as the removal of copyrights in the A.Net photos where there is a clear intention to deceive.

... think Jack Neo might wanna make a movie out of this - "I really stupid" (mebbe?)

The title still cannot make it. It should be " I really damn stupid"

Or will this be considered as a copyright infringement? :P

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast