Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast

Thread: Public Apology

Default Re: Public Apology

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes

It really is a news-worthy event. The media will have a field day with the following:
    1. how people have a tendency to hide behind false personas and misrepresent themselves online
    2. how easily they can be found out (using a 300mm lens or 12x zoom lens equivalent in a plane cockpit, claiming to be on a SIN-LAX flight when the bearing on the photo points to a northwesterly direction) and traced, right down to your phone number. You can't hide in the Internet!
    3. the issue of intellectual property and identity theft. How can you can protect yourself against imposters? What are your legal avenues?
    4. the huge backlash against the culprit, almost akin to an online lynching. Add a quote from a psychologist on this phenomena.
    As interesting as it is to us... there's no sex involved, it's not going to be interesting to the general public. Don't think the media will be that interested since this will end up a forum issue rather than a Singapore issue..

Quote Originally Posted by STShooter
    Maybe class just resumed, so not much homework?
    One of the possible reasons why everyone is wasting their precious sleeping time and talking about this ?

Give the guy a break. he has his whole life ahead of him.

I report work late tomorrow... So I have all the time in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by ahv
    roti-prata or his clone ....... due to your lack of sincerity in your apology, we have informed THE PRESS.... We are sure you have created all this "hoo-ha" because you wanted attention ....not bcos you wanted easy access to the photographers' pictures...... Good try..think of a better excuse next time
    Quote Originally Posted by ahv
    Quote Originally Posted by melnjes

It really is a news-worthy event. The media will have a field day with the following:
    1. how people have a tendency to hide behind false personas and misrepresent themselves online
    2. how easily they can be found out (using a 300mm lens or 12x zoom lens equivalent in a plane cockpit, claiming to be on a SIN-LAX flight when the bearing on the photo points to a northwesterly direction) and traced, right down to your phone number. You can't hide in the Internet!
    3. the issue of intellectual property and identity theft. How can you can protect yourself against imposters? What are your legal avenues?
    4. the huge backlash against the culprit, almost akin to an online lynching. Add a quote from a psychologist on this phenomena.
    Would this make singapore a better place? or do you guys have the typical tendency to tread upon any misfortune/misdeed that you can find?

everyone plagarise all the time. who doesn't copy homework from their friends? who hasn't used a single quote of sentence that isn't his own without permission?

its just a matter of SAF rule 101: do anything but don't get caught

i rest my case and i'm going to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    One of the possible reasons why everyone is wasting their precious sleeping time and talking about this ?

Give the guy a break. he has his whole life ahead of him.
    Can't help it. I'm not a media whore, but I do media.

BREAKING NEWS!!! "GRADE A STUDENT VIOLATES COPYRIGHT LAWS"

Its okay. I don't have a shoot till the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen
    kekeke... think he'll spend some time climbing out of this sh!t hole to want to jump again...
    Climbing is one thing, slipping back in is another.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    It was in Singapore dollars.
    I know, i was just stating as an illustration.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus
    [I]

Would this make singapore a better place? or do you guys have the typical tendency to tread upon any misfortune/misdeed that you can find?

everyone plagarise all the time. who doesn't copy homework from their friends? who hasn't used a single quote of sentence that isn't his own without permission?

its just a matter of SAF rule 101: do anything but don't get caught

i rest my case and i'm going to bed.
    Copying homework and taking your friend's homework and passing it off as your own is two different matter.

If he copied the style and shot it himself, I rest my case.

I think you misread the whole incident to something so simplistic as copying one's work.

Don't tell me David Bailey is his friend lah. Now that would really top it off.

I ain't no saint, but he takes the cake.
    Last edited by STShooter; 22nd March 2006 at 01:05 AM.

Every pic in A.net above states that it's protected from copyright. He should have read this before posting it.

Well i guess i'm off to bed now. Roti, pls dun do this again cos u see all the trouble that have been stirred? Gd luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HoRsE
    ...Let's not fan the fire under the prata so as to speak...

This statement really got me in stiches man!

This statement really got me in stiches man!
    It doesn't matter because it is already a firestorm.

omg, I left for half an hour and 2 more pages appeared

+1...

Supect became guilty, guilty made apology, and some people are not happy until he's dead and future ruined...Reality TV doesn't get better than this!

Nevertheless, I can see some of the "righteous" making their point, perhaps because they have too much time on their hands? Enjoying the whole drama here, man...keep it up, people!

die die die! i'd better pm someone right now. i used his photo as background =x.

hope i don't get sued by my idol here =(.

anyway this issue ain't that serious and interesting as tammy's case. even her case died down now though they're ppls still watching the video now and then.

i don't think this would be a very juicy story in the papers though.

+1
    I Love You :)

i think no matter how much he apologizes, or whichever way he apologizes, there will be some people who will claim the apology is not sincere, etc. i suggest those whose photos he had leeched take whatever action you deem appropriate to claim compensation. the rest of us should just stay out of this. having said that, i'm out of here

Oh please, if being a “Rafflesian” meant anything to him at all, he would not have done what he did in the first place.

Under the court of law, he had the intention to deceive, that what your friend posted was his own original work by his actions of fabricating the origin of how he created his work. Although he has not used the work for commercial purposes, the fact that he passed off a professional photographer’s work as his own is a serious offence. If the photographer still owns the copyright (they usually do to a certain extent) or has shared rights to the photograph with Airliners.net, both parties will be able to sue you for damages.

I’m sorry, but where you attend/attended school and anything else for that matter does not correct or lighten the severity of the offence you committed.

This is not a “Sorry, my bad” kind of situation we have here gentlemen. In the court of law, you will be punished accordingly. Just pray that the “Bailey” in the photographs credit line does not belong to “David Bailey”.

If so. Good luck!

You WILL need it in this case.

IN DEFENSE OF ROTI…

Much as Roti' actions had been wrong, there lies in me a deep sadness for the attacks that he is facing in this community. While not trying to belittle the seriousness of "passing off", I beg you all to bear in mind that this is but the actions of a young teen, immature as he may be.

While no doubt that age negates little, the actions of many here cry worse that Roti's act(s) of "passing off".

I do not know Roti personally and bear him no defense of his actions. Yet however, I think it horrid that many of us jump into the noise to attack a child the manner we so have for whatever wrong he has committed. I do not know of yet another instance where a child has been put up to a court of public prosecution be it in Singapore or any other civilized, modern nation.

Yes, what he did was wrong and should be counseled. But that gives us no excuse to jump in and make various claims as though we truly know what we speak…. For it is only those who do not fault [on] the lines of P2P downloads, Pirated VCD purchase, installation of Unlicensed Computer products and the like that have that “right” to condemn for after all, “passing off” and “copyright infringement” come side by side. Of course, those personally injured by Roti’s actions have the right to speak with him personally… but to have this aired out in this manner puts many of us to shame.

In particular, I find the posts of a certain gentleman very offensive. Should you wish to push on your legal knowledge, can you please tell me what “damages” you are talking about? And indeed if there are (of course there are), can you quantify such to justify your repetition of damages, damages, damages through your many posts in want of frightening the young child.

I regret what I see in this community and only pray for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleuwhale
    IN DEFENSE OF ROTI…

Yet however, I think it horrid that many of us jump into the noise to attack a child the manner we so have for whatever wrong he has committed. I do not know of yet another instance where a child has been put up to a court of public prosecution be it in Singapore or any other civilized, modern nation.

Just for information... Philippines, South America and maybe Mexico and definitely some countries in Africa do have children in prisons and some of them tortured. The information is on the internet regarding this info.

As for Roti's case, I sincerely think that he would not receive any form of punishment except ridicule and insults inside clubsnap. Most of those who want him "cruxified" would be those who had argued with him at some point of time inside this forum, so that is why they're shouting for his blood.

worst case scenario is that the photographer who took the shot that roti said that was his own sued roti in Singapore in a subordinate court. If that were to happen, then it would be a big deal on the infringement of copyright and would be a story in ST.

Other than that, there will be no story and this would most likely continue for some weeks before it will die down.

Quote Originally Posted by agape01
    Just for information... Philippines, South America and maybe Mexico and definitely some countries in Africa do have children in prisons and some of them tortured. The information is on the internet regarding this info.

As for Roti's case, I sincerely think that he would not receive any form of punishment except ridicule and insults inside clubsnap. Most of those who want him "cruxified" would be those who had argued with him at some point of time inside this forum, so that is why they're shouting for his blood.

worst case scenario is that the photographer who took the shot that roti said that was his own sued roti in Singapore in a subordinate court. If that were to happen, then it would be a big deal on the infringement of copyright and would be a story in ST.

Other than that, there will be no story and this would most likely continue for some weeks before it will die down.
    and your point is?

forgive and forget.

roti prata did something wrong, and he was caught, now he apologised. let's forgive this young man.

everyone mades mistake, regardless big or small, so don't push this boy to a corner, he may not take it anymore.

roti prata boy, after this lessons, hopefully you can be a better person now and in the future.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Ah..... I had prata for breakfast this morning. The instant kind, of course. Just like what the TV ad says: "Every bite is a moment."

The saddest part is our doughboy is a student from a premium and prestigious education institution. He will either be a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer or a minister some day. (Unlike me, I will forever be just a poor photographer). A bright future ahead of him. He will make crucial judgments and decisions for the benefits of humanity. BUT, how can he benefit humanity when he already lost his trustworthiness from the society?
    Last edited by photobum; 22nd March 2006 at 07:57 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast