Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printing from digital cameras

Originally posted by Necroist
    When you guys mean by 3:2 ratio, do you mean the size of the image itself?

Example : 900X600 resolution?
    Basically yes.

But not only 900 x 600. You can use any ratios that's 3:2. For example.

1600 x 1066
    1500 x 1000
    3000 x 2000

Any ratio, as long as it's 3:2.

Yozz! Juz got my digital photos developed today. I was really satisfied with the results! Filled with vibrant colours & sharpness. Newbies point of view I guess....

Anyway, 1 thing to point out. Like togu said, any size 3:2 will fit. But 900x600 is not recomended. I croped 1 of my photos into 900x600. It looks alright on screen. But when it's developed, it doesn't turn out as good as the rest.

MingGuan
    Guests

It's an advantage when I'm selecting the travel photographs out from my piles of photos for an exhibition. However, it's a chore when I have tons of photos from my travel trip to print/store on CD.

I use PS to cleanse photos of color cast, hot pixels, deal pixels etc problems. I think there's a certain standards I set for myself whenever I show my friends my travel photos. My friends are avid photographers too, and seriously, they can notice the differences / problematic photos. So setting my digital photos through PS is a chore that I have to do, in order to present my photos to my friends.

Originally posted by Gr|ever

Hmm... isn't that the advantage rather than a problem? You can improve how your photo will look before you print it out. But since you find it a problem, then you can neglect the PS part, right?

I went for digital developing today to the same shop for the 2nd time. They charged me 35 cents per photo (4R) before. But now, they're charging me for 50 cents! I ask'em why & they told me it's because this time, I wanted to develope more than 1 photo for the same picture. Anyone know the logic behind this?

simply becoz there'll be more effort in "handling" different # of prints on specific file. imagine how easy it'll be to simply print one copy of each file instead of having to specify X number for this and that file...

to get around this, just make exact copies of the same file in the quantity u need for each. in that case, the print shop don't even have to know about it...and u should be charged the lower cost.

btw check out http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=21961 for great value printing...

Originally posted by Xihe
    You can also resize it. For 4R, the minimum resolution is 1024x768.

There is also another way to develop photos. Online.
    http://www.kodakexpress.com.sg/
    http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/
    Never resize pics. It just result in lower quality prints.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Anyway, 1 thing to point out. Like togu said, any size 3:2 will fit. But 900x600 is not recomended. I croped 1 of my photos into 900x600. It looks alright on screen. But when it's developed, it doesn't turn out as good as the rest.
    900x600 is horrible!

You should keep as much as the original resolution as you can when you crop. Don't limit yourself to fixed size intervals, just set the marquee tool to 3:2 ratio and crop off as little as possible. This will ensure that you get the maximum sharpness out of your images.

A lightly cropped 6MP image from the 602 gives excellent 8R portrait shots.

rafffles city got digtal camera printing?
    basement? or first floor

thx
    got a onsite printing machine?
    so i just burn all my pics onto a CD then let them crop for me?

Wouldnt it be just great if the 602z had a 3:2 aspect ratio like what some other digicams offer?

hehe i hate to crop too....

esp. when i have to do prints...

its such a hassle...

I went for digital developing today to the same shop for the 2nd time. They charged me 35 cents per photo (4R) before. But now, they're charging me for 50 cents! I ask'em why & they told me it's because this time, I wanted to develope more than 1 photo for the same picture. Anyone know the logic behind this?
    Gr|ever,

You could try E-Colour. 100pcs or more 30c each. Next day collect.

more info here

I do the following:

In Photoshop, change image resolution to 300dpi.
    Then, change print size to match the original pixel count (because by changing the resolution, it adds pixels).
    Then, crop to whatever size you want.

Gives real photo-quality prints on my Deskjet 930C with glossy paper.

you don't have to change the DPI if you're sending to the shops to prints (cos you won't get a better pic than the original source).

Also, you don't have to adjust print size and resolution to print if you use some other programs like Irfanview instead of Photoshop......

Saw this post and actually I have a nagging question so I hope Gr|ever won't mind me adding another question...

I am trying to print those A6 (4R 4x6in, 102x152mm) sized photo papers. How do you keep the pictures centered?? I am trying to print borderless on my Epson, but it does not seem to work. I always get undeven borders...

Does anyone know what is the max size I should set in Photoshop to get a nicely centered print?

Thanks & Happy Chinese New Year!

it's easy when you use a software like Irfanview to print. You could download from www.irfanview.com .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12