Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62

Thread: wah kao... dio hack...

  1. #21

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    can be done through packet hacking...there are prog online to perform this hacking...the packet send n recieved are scan by the prog n it will try to decrypt it by analysing the packet...

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz
    can be done through packet hacking...there are prog online to perform this hacking...the packet send n recieved are scan by the prog n it will try to decrypt it by analysing the packet...
    hmm something along that line .... WPA takes a longer time to decrpyt ... but with fast processors these days ...

  3. #23

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    even with encryption ... there is a "way" to force the password out.
    This is true too, but a 'brute force' attack would still take an exceptionally long time to crack a 128bit encryption, even with the fastest processors...

    At the end of the day, everything online is vulnerable to a person with sufficient resources and patience - the problem is by the time they crack the target, it many no longer be relevant - this is why very high security targets (government, banks, etc) change their security keys on a very frequent basis...

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey
    This is true too, but a 'brute force' attack would still take an exceptionally long time to crack a 128bit encryption, even with the fastest processors...

    At the end of the day, everything online is vulnerable to a person with sufficient resources and patience - the problem is by the time they crack the target, it many no longer be relevant - this is why very high security targets (government, banks, etc) change their security keys on a very frequent basis...
    strange... last night another round... last until today morning 6am... sibeh eng...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #25

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    I have a friend back then (using 56k) got hacked by a person in the States. Then he made an international call to my friend and admit that he hacked, blah blah... They actually chatted for a while

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    I have a friend back then (using 56k) got hacked by a person in the States. Then he made an international call to my friend and admit that he hacked, blah blah... They actually chatted for a while
    must be he saw the nude pic on his PC, den ask for contacts...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey
    This is true too, but a 'brute force' attack would still take an exceptionally long time to crack a 128bit encryption, even with the fastest processors...

    At the end of the day, everything online is vulnerable to a person with sufficient resources and patience - the problem is by the time they crack the target, it many no longer be relevant - this is why very high security targets (government, banks, etc) change their security keys on a very frequent basis...
    Erh... unless you are using WPA ... it'll take ages to crack, but a longer time is needed. WEP wise... ... i give around 30-60+ tops? ... banks etc. who use wireless have another authentication layer to a radius/ldap server besides the encryption layer. ... else they have multiple layered firewalls whose encryption codes are changed daily.

    End of the day, any form of access is still not foolproof ... as long as you've surfed on the computer with cookies of sorts residing on your PC or ports open.
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 22nd March 2006 at 10:23 AM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    strange... last night another round... last until today morning 6am... sibeh eng...
    Is it a portscan/coordinated DoS?

    Any specific IP range? Else you can block the entire IP range and your router won't need to "suffer" so much.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Is it a portscan/coordinated DoS?

    Any specific IP range? Else you can block the entire IP range and your router won't need to "suffer" so much.
    always from 22*.2**.***.***, 21*.2**.***.***, 6*.1**.***.*** (y ** cos its alot of different number from these locations...)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    哇0靠!您在收看的是mtv...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    always from 22*.2**.***.***, 21*.2**.***.***, 6*.1**.***.*** (y ** cos its alot of different number from these locations...)
    My log also showing the same range... ISP can't do anything, cos it orgin from overseas. and yes they are scan port like 32869.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    119

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    hi...

    first of all.. i wanna ask if you are running any p2p? if so... this could also jam up your network.... what is your router's brand? what kind of firewall is in placed?
    to secure your network,

    1) apply mac filter
    2) if wireless is turned on, off your ssid broadcast
    3) disable dhcp
    4) change your network's range instead of using default 192.168.X.X
    5) release your current assigned ip and obtain a new ip address from your isp.
    6) enable 128 bit wep
    7) enable IDS if your router does have one.
    8) pray hard you dont get another round of attack. *finger crossed*

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by fierysnake
    hi...

    first of all.. i wanna ask if you are running any p2p? if so... this could also jam up your network.... what is your router's brand? what kind of firewall is in placed?
    to secure your network,

    1) apply mac filter
    2) if wireless is turned on, off your ssid broadcast
    3) disable dhcp
    4) change your network's range instead of using default 192.168.X.X
    5) release your current assigned ip and obtain a new ip address from your isp.
    6) enable 128 bit wep
    7) enable IDS if your router does have one.
    8) pray hard you dont get another round of attack. *finger crossed*
    on this network, no P2P allowed...

    btw, my network range is all the while **.**.*.*** hehee...

    using WPA2, IDS-wats tat ar? oh ya, y disable DHCP, mine is using DHCP mac assign IP so i lock the amount of ppl available to use network, some i even disable internet connectivity.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by fierysnake
    hi...

    first of all.. i wanna ask if you are running any p2p? if so... this could also jam up your network.... what is your router's brand? what kind of firewall is in placed?
    to secure your network,

    1) apply mac filter
    2) if wireless is turned on, off your ssid broadcast
    3) disable dhcp
    4) change your network's range instead of using default 192.168.X.X
    5) release your current assigned ip and obtain a new ip address from your isp.
    6) enable 128 bit wep
    7) enable IDS if your router does have one.
    8) pray hard you dont get another round of attack. *finger crossed*
    1-4 and 6 will only work if someone try to connect ur wireless. If you have encounter DOS/portscanning from external, u almost can't do anything. U can release the IP but the next suay person who got your ip will get scanned. And it's a cycle.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    on this network, no P2P allowed...

    btw, my network range is all the while **.**.*.*** hehee...

    using WPA2, IDS-wats tat ar? oh ya, y disable DHCP, mine is using DHCP mac assign IP so i lock the amount of ppl available to use network, some i even disable internet connectivity.
    maybe u can setup a RADIUS server.

  16. #36

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    even with encryption ... there is a "way" to force the password out.
    If the person did not change the default password on the configuration page, then the person is able to tap.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    maybe u can setup a RADIUS server.


    Quite kua zhang ba ... ... anyway for home usage, radius server not needed. WPA enough...

    alwayschampion:

    Suggest you read from first page. DoS/Portscan on the WAN is the problem here.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL


    Quite kua zhang ba ... ... anyway for home usage, radius server not needed. WPA enough...

    alwayschampion:

    Suggest you read from first page. DoS/Portscan on the WAN is the problem here.
    ya i know that...they are keep saying about wep, wap, wpa2, local ip mah, so suggest a server for them lor. over at the wan side, nothing much can be done, unless u decided to setup a specialise firewall on top of the router firewall... and that can't stop people doing port scanning.
    Last edited by clarinet; 22nd March 2006 at 11:40 AM.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    119

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    on this network, no P2P allowed...

    btw, my network range is all the while **.**.*.*** hehee...

    using WPA2, IDS-wats tat ar? oh ya, y disable DHCP, mine is using DHCP mac assign IP so i lock the amount of ppl available to use network, some i even disable internet connectivity.
    IDS = Intrusion Detection system. SMC has a pretty good IDS at least for the known attacks. It also send emails to notify you of intrusion detected.

    If your DHCP is disabled, they do not know your network ip range and thus harder for them to get into your network. Thus, no way they can fish out anything from you.

    Also check your ports that is opened to the world. close any ports that are not used.
    Last edited by fierysnake; 22nd March 2006 at 11:49 AM.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: wah kao... dio hack...

    Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    ya i know that...they are keep saying about wep, wap, wpa2, local ip mah, so suggest a server for them lor. over at the wan side, nothing much can be done, unless u decided to setup a specialise firewall on top of the router firewall... and that can't stop people doing port scanning.
    ok this is getting out of hand ... ... yup its very true

    Beyond this, you need a specialised router to block traffic at the WAN end.

    ** i sense, cisco pix firewall/traffic shapers/bandwidth shapers coming into the picture soon .. not to mention the discussion of linux iptables firewall implementation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •