Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

  1. #1

    Default Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    Hi,

    Noticed that there have been a long time since a review. I mean not just a review but any article also have not been updated lately. Does anyone still write review nowsaday?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    It would be nice to have a local version of some cameras reviews. But who is qualified to do so, or rather the neccessary experience, knowledge and neutrality to post a sound review? And of course the time needed to test, review and post.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  3. #3

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    Hi,

    Noticed that there have been a long time since a review. I mean not just a review but any article also have not been updated lately. Does anyone still write review nowsaday?

    I am not qualified to write a review.

    How about you taking the lead to write proper reviews of cameras?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    why would you read a review from one person

    when you can search/ask questions on the forums and receive feeback from multiple people with (50% of the time) real world experience with the camera, and can answer your specific questions?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    It would be nice to have a local version of some cameras reviews. But who is qualified to do so, or rather the neccessary experience, knowledge and neutrality to post a sound review? And of course the time needed to test, review and post.
    This has to be one of the most insightful comments I've read on this forum.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    we could have something like what Fredmiranda.com has. A user review section. A simple form where basic information like price, rating, pros and cons must be filled up. After a while, there will be a database of many user reviews which IMHO is pretty useful....

  7. #7
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    I agree with dslang.

    Users' feedbacks are invaluable.

    For the technical stuff, we can get from the web.

  8. #8
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    Well just waiting for someone to kickstart the reviews then

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    I wrote a review quite a long while ago... people accepted it pretty well, and I think the reviews are still valid - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=50361

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jurong Lake District - West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I wrote a review quite a long while ago... people accepted it pretty well, and I think the reviews are still valid - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=50361
    wah...pro review

  11. #11
    Senior Member yyD70S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I wrote a review quite a long while ago... people accepted it pretty well, and I think the reviews are still valid - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=50361
    Didn't know about this comprehensive review (summary).
    Thanks for sharing.

  12. #12

    Talking Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by student
    I am not qualified to write a review.

    How about you taking the lead to write proper reviews of cameras?
    I assume you are kidding... Definitely should not be me...

  13. #13

    Thumbs up Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Discreet
    we could have something like what Fredmiranda.com has. A user review section. A simple form where basic information like price, rating, pros and cons must be filled up. After a while, there will be a database of many user reviews which IMHO is pretty useful....

    Exactly, there's a very good idea.. just like what they did in dpreview and Cnet

    An example would be like something like this one http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read...nicaminolta_7d

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northen part of Sing a pore
    Posts
    2,153

    Default Re: Why no camera review in Clubsnap?

    even reviews from professional reknown websites are not free from personal bias. think the best person to do any review is the person with lots of cameras and lenses. he/she has to work with that specific brand/model of camera for a certain period to give its judgement as well.

    so who is too free, loaded with cash and lots of **** to talk about?

    i am qualified for the last requirement but not the rest.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •