Thread: how much is the mounting board?

Default how much is the mounting board?

I intend to print a S8R and paste on the mountin board. Those which are superb black type.

But I do not know the cost of that board, had not really go down to Art Friend yet. But will be glad that someone can let me know how much will that cost?

And also, is there a folder to hold these mountin board which I can carry ard? So by printing S8R, I would need at least a A3 mounting board, right?

By the way, which is better? S8R or 5R?

Thanks thanks.

Default Re: how much is the mounting board?

Those mountin board are not cheap, I not sure the price now, but just want to tell you that I use them as portfolio before, it is very heavy if you have about 25 pieces of mountin board and want to carry it around. Don't forget you still need to laminate the prints.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Those mountin board are not cheap, I not sure the price now, but just want to tell you that I use them as portfolio before, it is very heavy if you have about 25 pieces of mountin board and want to carry it around. Don't forget you still need to laminate the prints.

Laminate it too?? hmm sound like a good idea but would like to know how much does it cost to do these for just a print with lamination and mountind board?

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    Laminate it too?? hmm sound like a good idea but would like to know how much does it cost to do these for just a print with lamination and mountind board?
    I have not been using mounting board for sometime, can't remember the price, but cold laminating for A4 is about $2~3 depend where you go, another way is using portfolio bag type of clear file holder, it will be more economy but this is more suitable for tear sheets, not photo prints.

nvm. i guess i do the proper type. haha.... i dun think S8R can fit in the A4 clear folder ba...

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    nvm. i guess i do the proper type. haha.... i dun think S8R can fit in the A4 clear folder ba...
    no, I mean those available in Art Friends, has bigger sizes, some in a file foler, some are refillable pages to use in porfolio bag, you still need to mount in a piece of black card, but not using mounting board, so it can be lighter and cheaper to have a 25 pieces of photos in a porfolio bag, if you can, go one size bigger the S8R would be nice.

thanks alot. Im thinking of 5R now as Im going to buy folio. If not I still stick to S8R. 1 side bigger is too big for me already. lol

remember that when printing 5r there is a bit of cropping as the ratio is different
    so the sides of ur photo may be cut off

mounting board A4 is about 1 dollar at art frens
    leon's photography

I'm not sure if you already have the info you need, but unless you're talking about archival, acid-free stock of boards, the normal mounting boards only cost $2-4 per larger piece. Be prepared to spend $100-200 for a nice portfolio holder (Daler). There are cheaper and more expensive brands though. CHEERS!