Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 611141516

Thread: Is this ethical?

Default Re: Is this ethical?

Quote from AhV

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....&postcount=139

roti-prata or his clone ....... due to your lack of sincerity in your apology, we have informed THE PRESS.... We are sure you have created all this "hoo-ha" because you wanted attention ....not bcos you wanted easy access to the photographers' pictures...... Good try..think of a better excuse next time

Let this be a lesson to you and all those who intend to emulate you ....yes, I am stressing this again.
    If the press really publicize this, probably this is a good chance to make Singaporean aware and respect copyright of photos, esp photos that are posted online.

If you been to other local-based forums, you will see there are tonnes of leeching of photo or re-posting of content that are "stolen" from other websites.

Many pple have a intention of sharing, but never realised that they should not copy and paste everything, from text to picture, and re-post somewhere else. For me, I will at least post the link of the source and quote only a few lines.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/forum...sprune=30&f=17

this is one example where u see everyone copy and paste news articles from elsewhere, such as ST website, u need to paid to read these news at ST website, but by doing this, ST already losing $$. I wonder why ST never take any action about this

Quote Originally Posted by markccm
    duplicate order.

kitchen screwed up, so have 2 prata instead of one.
    Words of Wisdom:
    One should not eat genetically cloned roti pratas.
    Least one becomes a roti john...

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    apologise?

thing is he lied, and lied again. he said he couldn't get in using his old account? nonsense. have a look at his profile. the time stamp said he logged in last nite ard ard 9-something pm. the 'apology' was posted at 10pm... go figure.
    didn't he do that?didn't someone explain why his account is locked?
    and what kind of SINCERE apology you need? have your photo been used?what damage you have got?

Does he has to do something that please all people here, and it considers our victory? Actually that's how hatre and terrorism being created.

Even he apologied the sincere way to shut all u up, he may not learn too..why we start to take justice in our hand?Anyone really care what is going on with this person or you only want to see him getting humiliated, and that makes your soul feels good?

This thread is actually good thread, it is not about roti prata, it is about those people who flames him, those people are someone who really get a life too.

If you find my comment is offensive, maybe I have hit the right painful spot.. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    and what kind of SINCERE apology you need? have your photo been used?what damage you have got?

Does he has to do something that please all people here, and it considers our victory? Actually that's how hatre and terrorism being created.

Even he apologied the sincere way to shut all u up, he may not learn too..why we start to take justice in our hand?Anyone really care what is going on with this person or you only want to see him getting humiliated, and that makes your soul feels good?

This thread is actually good thread, it is not about roti prata, it is about those people who flames him, those people are someone who really get a life too.

If you find my comment is offensive, maybe I have hit the right painful spot.. thank you.
    this is a post by Darren from the Public Apology thread started by clone_roti_prata.

Check it out please.

See Darren's remarks on the locking of his account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren[URL="http://forums.clubsnap.org/member.php?u=4"
    [/url]]If roti_prata wishes to post another apology, he may do so with his original account (which, for member's information, was not placed under any moderation or restrictions).

...and what kind of SINCERE apology you need? have your photo been used?what damage you have got?

I think melnjes sums it all up very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    He didn't lie to us about his account being locked. He lied to Timber Wolf, his friend.

Just some parting words before getting out of here.

Some folks ask for his blood. Some ask to give the guy a chance. It's just all a question of empathy - who do you empathise more with? The victims or the culprit? No need to accuse each other of self-righteousness. It's an endless cycle e.g. A says B is being self-righteous, perhaps A himself is the self-righteous one? There's no right or wrong, we simply just think different.

While the main victims are the ones whose photos were plagiarised, there are those of us who before the whole thing was exposed were raving about the nice photos this guy took. There is trust involved and trust being a precious commodity, well, we have seen a good example what happens when that trust is betrayed. There are more victims than just the ones whose photos were stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by n0d3
    Blue.
    bloody hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    this is a post by Darren from the Public Apology thread started by clone_roti_prata.

Check it out please.
    keke...

hurt?

*nw checks for sore spots*...

nope. sorry to disappoint u (if u are looking for acerbic retorts from me). i've been hurt worse by real-life people, and their injuries matter more than virtual ones. why shld i bother by ur comments, esp since i know not u from adam?

by all means, if u wish to stand on the side of prata, as many other have too. i've nothing against dat. just dun pick a fight with all and sundry to maintain ur position, and ram ur opinions down on others. as in all arguements, there are people on both sides of the fence... and those sitting on the fence watching the fun.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

lifes sucks? have a kitkat and shoot, or sit in your office, log on to cs and complain complain and complain. in the end, the boy stills eat and ****, you guys will be fuming.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

roti_prata replied apology here:
    Re: copyright violation
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Just notice this hot topic in CS after reading the "Public Apology" thread this morning.

I just met this guy on Saturday to buy a lens from him. He look shy to me, didn't know he would do this kind of thing.

Having been a victim myself, one of my images taken at Langkawi Int'l Airshow 2001, was passed off by some chap as his own. I was told the image was used for some illustration on scale-modeling products(decals or resin) but couldn't get hold of one. In the end, i didn't pursue....but will not hesitate to take action against anyone if i kenna again.
    Last edited by Fulcrum; 22nd March 2006 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tanhb
    Just notice this hot topic in CS after reading the "Public Apology" thread this morning.

I just met this guy on Saturday to buy a lens from him. He look shy to me, didn't know he would do this kind of thing.
    are you sure it's him?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

He has admitted to his mistake in a public apology http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=185482

So, do give it a rest & let's all mend the wounds -- both the victims of this act & also the perpetrator.

Hi roti_prata,

I for one accept your apology.

If the owners of the photo's accept your apology, than that is good.

I am sure you won't duplicate the event in this life.

end of subject.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by gundugundu
    No this is not ethical. If he continue to do this... I'm sure he will really be selling prata to pay off the fines....
    I never realise the most popular Roti prata in town can be found in CS.
    I wonder if the prata fromhim include curry too?

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    lifes sucks? have a kitkat and shoot, or sit in your office, log on to cs and complain complain and complain. in the end, the boy stills eat and ****, you guys will be fuming.
    Who calling me ???

hahaha
    Have a kitkat

The whole matter is coming to an end, thus there is not need to carry on given that the postings are getting more and more OT.

The thread is hereby closed.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 611141516