Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51013141516 LastLast

Thread: Is this ethical?

Default Re: Is this ethical?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    We are closing off this thread and de-registering the clone account.

If roti_prata wishes to post another apology, he may do so with his original account (which, for member's information, was not placed under any moderation or restrictions).
    Does that mean he lied to us again? When will he ever learn?

vince123123
    Guests

The funny thing is everyone else are more up in arms about this than the original authors of the works - at least as seen so far heh.

i think the whole thing became so bad becos the roti_prata boy is afraid to admit his own mistakes and worse, he's made one mistake after another.

instead of apologising for the sake of it, roti_prata should do a self reflection on why people are asking him to apologise in the 1st place. well, cant blame people getting pissed off with roti_prata becos roti_prata has indeed offended others (he doesnt even know what he has done wrong, obviously).

it's one thing to leech other people's pics, but it's another issue to try to fool the public by making up some stories that he went into the crew's cabin & stuffs??? i find it the whole thing a total rip-off. but again, i think this boy has serious issues to handle. i for one wont suggest legal action(s) to be taken against him but i think he has to get his own ego and head checked.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    i think the whole thing became so bad becos the roti_prata boy is afraid to admit his own mistakes and worse, he's made one mistake after another.

instead of apologising for the sake of it, roti_prata should do a self reflection on why people are asking him to apologise in the 1st place. well, cant blame people getting pissed off with roti_prata becos roti_prata has indeed offended others (he doesnt even know what he has done wrong, obviously).

it's one thing to leech other people's pics, but it's another issue to try to fool the public by making up some stories that he went into the crew's cabin & stuffs??? i find it the whole thing a total rip-off. but again, i think this boy has serious issues to handle. i for one wont suggest legal action(s) to be taken against him but i think he has to get his own ego and head checked.
    Well... if this was not resolved in childhood... you'd end up worst in life. Look at that south korean guy who faked clone research.... similar parellels here...

wah lao.. this is even better than all the Ch 8 dramas.

So now it turns out that his original account was never restricted in any way.

Maybe clone_roti_prata wasn't even the original roti prata??

Sadly, inflated egos doesn't seem to be a rarity these days. It's one thing to fantasize, but another to deny reality.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    Does that mean he lied to us again? When will he ever learn?
    He didn't lie to us about his account being locked. He lied to Timber Wolf, his friend.

Just some parting words before getting out of here.

Some folks ask for his blood. Some ask to give the guy a chance. It's just all a question of empathy - who do you empathise more with? The victims or the culprit? No need to accuse each other of self-righteousness. It's an endless cycle e.g. A says B is being self-righteous, perhaps A himself is the self-righteous one? There's no right or wrong, we simply just think different.

While the main victims are the ones whose photos were plagiarised, there are those of us who before the whole thing was exposed were raving about the nice photos this guy took. There is trust involved and trust being a precious commodity, well, we have seen a good example what happens when that trust is betrayed. There are more victims than just the ones whose photos were stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    He didn't lie to us about his account being locked. He lied to Timber Wolf, his friend.
    Ok, my mistake ... he lied to his friend, Timber ... Who, in turn, unknowingly, misled us ...

No matter what, it still shows how insincere his "apology" was ...

Terrible, just terrible. When will such people ever learn.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Forgive me, I noticed you singled out Singaporeans in particular. Obviously you have not been around the net much. Leeching is a universal problem. It's like the other thread about the flying lemurs where someone mentioned the culprits to be Chinese and another immediately assumed them to be PRC. It just speaks of a certain biasness, don't you think?

That akin to being backstabbed by the person u trust and believe in
    cheer up Timber Wolf...As a friend and schoolmate..u had already done yr best to help
    now darren had exposed his deed...it time for u to take action at yr side.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

[QUOTE=Wai]I make my own avatar, so each of us going to make our own smilies before we can post them?

Some of the smilies here is same as those used in MSN, wonder these smilies belongs to who QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Timberwolf, If I were you, I would not buy his story.
    I don't believe that he copied the photos into his account just for him to access it with more convenience, because if he did, why the need to remove the 'airliners.net' watermark?
    He has also stated in another thread that the photos were taken by him, and that it were some of ''his'' better photos.
    So what you all want him to do?? He is wrong and those people who flames him like hell is as immature as him too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    So what you all want him to do?? He is wrong and those people who flames him like hell is as immature as him too.
    apologise?

thing is he lied, and lied again. he said he couldn't get in using his old account? nonsense. have a look at his profile. the time stamp said he logged in last nite ard ard 9-something pm. the 'apology' was posted at 10pm... go figure.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    and also thanking the kind captains/chief stewards/stewardess for letting him into the cockpit ....
    He's trying to get some people out of a job...

Deregistered

Liar Liar pants on fire....

let the victim decide what to do is better then pour more fuel on it.

or

forgive and forget.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

So why on earth did prata create a clone account to apologise?

he has lost all credibility and trust people have given him. and to a certain extent, respect is lost as well for a person who could mislead people time and time again, has shown his character to be more ugly than originally thought.
    i have no idea what intentions roti had in mind when he took those photos and claimed it as his own, nor when he misled timber_wolf and the rest in CS. but it is clear that he seems manipulative and uses that to his advantage, to cover our eyes. -shrugs-

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    So why on earth did prata create a clone account to apologise?
    duplicate order.

kitchen screwed up, so have 2 prata instead of one.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51013141516 LastLast