Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 LastLast

Thread: Is this ethical?

Default Re: Is this ethical?

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Timberwolf, If I were you, I would not buy his story.
    I don't believe that he copied the photos into his account just for him to access it with more convenience, because if he did, why the need to remove the 'airliners.net' watermark?
    He has also stated in another thread that the photos were taken by him, and that it were some of ''his'' better photos.
    Care to share the pm exchange between yourself and prata?

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf
    Hello. I've called roti_prata. He cannot post from his account and hence has created the account "clone_roti_prata" and apologised in the thread here.

This has been an unpleasant and unfortunate incident and I hope that his apology will be sufficient resolution for all parties.

To +evenstar:
    I appreciate it that you informed me about the thread, but I would like to make it clear to all parties that what roti_prata did was on a personal basis, and that RJC Photography Club has no involvement whatsoever in his actions.

Thank you,
    QX

hi timber,

i think this doesn't really involve u. so it would be wise of u to really wash ur hands off this instead of taking all the backlash from some infuriated members. to my best of knowledge, some of the photos that he leeched are works of some photographers based in other countries.

if a.net were to inform some of these fotographers, i can't imagine...
    maybe some of these fotographers are more forgiving and relaxing... u know, its just infringement of copyright, plagiarism.. no big deal!

cheers...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

and also thanking the kind captains/chief stewards/stewardess for letting him into the cockpit ....
    Timberwolf, If I were you, I would not buy his story.
    I don't believe that he copied the photos into his account just for him to access it with more convenience, because if he did, why the need to remove the 'airliners.net' watermark?
    He has also stated in another thread that the photos were taken by him, and that it were some of ''his'' better photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    hi timber,

i think this doesn't really involve u. so it would be wise of u to really wash ur hands off this instead of taking all the backlash from some infuriated members. to my best of knowledge, some of the photos that he leeched are works of some photographers based in other countries.

if a.net were to inform some of these fotographers, i can't imagine...
    maybe some of these fotographers are more forgiving and relaxing... u know, its just infringement of copyright, plagiarism.. no big deal!

cheers...

Thanks =)
    I'll let him handle it from now on.
    QX

Roger that. I saw some newer posts and the examples of his plagarism. As posted above, he is currently writing a public apology and will be posting it very soon.

Cheers
    QX
    Hi Timber Wolf,

Will an apology be enough ?

What about the people that owned those photo's ?
    Don't they have the right to take it further.

Should they just be fobbed off with having to accept a public appology ?

Does this make it OK to do the same thing ?

What exactly is the message here for all that visit CS to assume ?

As I posted earlier, "Stupidity is not an excuse" ...

If a person is able enough to controll a camera and also "leech and post photo's claiming with some bulls*hit that they were privilaged to sit in a cockpit".
    Then they deserve to be awakened by the law.

No, this is not a simple matter.

This is a matter that involves many that are members of this site.

Many members that make their living through photography!

This should not simply go away with "I am sorry".
    Last edited by Pablo; 21st March 2006 at 10:33 PM.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Hi Timberwolf,

sorry to see you dragged into this.

Since the name of the school has been mentioned, I think it is only right that a staff member be informed. It has gone beyond the student level. It will not do for you to keep the school out of the loop.

Perhaps you can inform your ECA teacher and let him/her decide on how best to proceed.

Note that I'm offering this as a constructive suggestion.
    Last edited by melnjes; 21st March 2006 at 10:44 PM.

Hello. I've called roti_prata. He cannot post from his account and hence has created the account "clone_roti_prata" and apologised in the thread here.

This has been an unpleasant and unfortunate incident and I hope that his apology will be sufficient resolution for all parties.

To +evenstar:
    I appreciate it that you informed me about the thread, but I would like to make it clear to all parties that what roti_prata did was on a personal basis, and that RJC Photography Club has no involvement whatsoever in his actions.

Thank you,
    QX

yup, i believe we all know RJ club has nth to do with roti's actions..
    eat. drink. shoot

some of us will be happy to just receive a public apology..

some, might not. its personal pride and ego, i think.

airliners.net will not be so forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showp...4&postcount=12

I am amazed by the level of his childishness
    He owes CJC an apology; for unsubstantiated accusations at CJC for having the highest abortion rate without any conclusive empirical evidence to back up his claims This kind of elitist attitude is a no-no and not what we expect from one who comes from a prestigious educational institution. Roti-prata-boy, you are a young adult now and pls behave like one, apologise, learn from mistake and move on.

ps: anyone from SRJC, YJC and CJC??? Dunno if I'll meet anyone familiar here though
    Last edited by maestrolik; 21st March 2006 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    Hi Timberwolf,

sorry to see you dragged into this.

Since the name of the school has been mentioned, I think it is only right that a staff member be informed. It has gone beyond the student level.

Perhaps you can inform your ECA teacher and let him/her decide on how best to proceed.

Note that I'm offering this as a constructive suggestion.
    Hello melnjes,
    Thank you for the suggestion. As I said earlier, roti_prata's posts are on a personal basis and are not linked in any manner to RJC Photog Club. I will allow him to sort out this situation personally.

Thanks =)
    QX

Hello melnjes,
    Thank you for the suggestion. As I said earlier, roti_prata's posts are on a personal basis and are not linked in any manner to RJC Photog Club. I will allow him to sort out this situation personally.
    Perhaps. Knowing the teaching fraternity, the fact that there are RJ and old Rafflesian Clubsnap members, it is a matter of time that the news hits RJ anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Hi Timber Wolf,

Will an apology be enough ?

What about the people that owned those photo's ?
    Don't they have the right to take it further.

Should they just be fobbed off with having to accept a public appology ?

Does this make it OK to do the same thing ?

What exactly is the message here for all that visit CS to assume ?

As I posted earlier, "Stupidity is not an excuse" ...

If a person is able enough to controll a camera and also "leech and post photo's claiming with some bulls*hit that they were privilaged to sit in a cockpit".
    Then they deserve to be awakened by the law.

No, this is not a simple matter.

This is a matter that involves many that are members of this site.

Many members that make their living through photography!

This should not simply go away with "I am sorry".
    Hello Timber Wolf,

I too am sorry that you are bought into this situation.
    Also I am sorry that your club or otherwise has been mentioned elseware in this thread.

It is not fair that others have to pay (even if by their names being mentioned) for one stupid persons doings.

This only adds to my being annoyed by it all.

My view ?......

1) If you were to walk down the street and a pick pocket lifted $100 out of your pocket....
    What would you do ? (It took your time and work to have that $100 there).

2) What say you own an expensive class BMW and some dude pinched it, then took his new girl out in it claiming that he was some big business guy.

What would you do ?

Ask him to make an apology ?

This is not some kid that wrote on the blackboard "the teacher stinks".

This is a real life person that will do it again.

What bothers me more... this person has access to a gun!!!
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Sorry ?.....but IMO...a public apology is not sufficient unless it's in the papers and his identity is made known and all affected parties are addressed accordingly. THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER.

He should be 'punished' by the law .... a simple "I AM SORRY" is not going to work. His parents must be aware of his actions. From his earlier posts, he seems to be enjoying all the attention by claiming those pics were his. His explanation is just crappy

LET THIS CASE BE A LESSON TO ALL WHO ARE CONTEMPLATING EMULATING HIM NOW. THE NET IS NOT THAT BIG ... SOMEONE WILL FIND OUT SOONER OR LATER

If he gets away this round, who knows... next time ROTI_JOHN, EGG_PRATA, CHEESE_PRATA might just get away with it too by saying "I AM REALLY SORRY"
    Last edited by AhV; 21st March 2006 at 11:43 PM.

Perhaps. Knowing the teaching fraternity, the fact that there are RJ and old Rafflesian Clubsnap members, it is a matter of time that the news hits RJ anyway.
    I believe there are members from RJC here as well. And after seeing his photo pasted in this forum, I'm sure they will be on a lookout for him. Time for him to make an appointment with Dr. Woffles Wu!

I can vouch that his name is not Damien Chng
    hmmm how can you be so sure??

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela
    Leeching (theft of intellectual property or copyright infringement) is shamefully rampant in Asia (including S'pore). The western world knows it, we Asians don't want to admit it. It says alot about us. The truth hurts (yea, we often don't wanna hear it).
    I was a bit harsh in my earlier posts.

Rejoice! Look at the backlash this guy got! We have established ourselves as an anti-leeching nation.

I was a bit harsh in my earlier posts.

Rejoice! Look at the backlash this guy got! We have established ourselves as an anti-leeching nation.
    sometimes ppl need to learn through the harsh way.

Quote Originally Posted by jnet6
    sometimes ppl need to learn through the harsh way.
    I agree...

Adults have to face the consequences for their own actions. In this case if roti-prata is going to be sued by Mr. Bailey then so be it and let him be answerable to the consequences for his own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by agape01
    I agree...

Adults have to face the consequences for their own actions. In this case if roti-prata is going to be sued by Mr. Bailey then so be it and let him be answerable to the consequences for his own actions.
    wa... david bailey...

Quote Originally Posted by pai
    if it's true and he can't post from his original account, i hope that when he gets posting power back, he'll post a proper apology on it.

that way we know that this clone account isn't just an excuse to keep this fiasco out of his post/thread history.

maybe should ask him to carry around the apology in his signature for a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    We are closing off this thread and de-registering the clone account.

If roti_prata wishes to post another apology, he may do so with his original account (which, for member's information, was not placed under any moderation or restrictions).

Thanks!
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 LastLast