Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this ethical?

Deregistered

Default Re: Is this ethical?

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Thanks nightwolf,espn and +evenstar,

I was not aware of this site. I have saved it and will check it out.
    From a very quick look at it, it looks quite big.

Thanks again.

Cheers
    Mostly kiddos. Even those at the age of >30 behave like ultimate kids over there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf
    Dear all,

Thanks +evenstar for informing me about the situation. I've been very busy these few weeks with commontests (died in Bio and Maths already). I have spoken to him and he has deleted all photos from his account and closed it.

He explained that he liked the photos alot and wanted to be able to access them easily under one account, hence the posting of pictures on his flickr page. He apologises for the inconvenience and misunderstanding caused in this forum but hopes that you guys understand that he never intended to state that the pictures were his in the first place.

While I appreciate that forum members appreciate intellectual property rights and are averse to "ripping off" images from another website, I am personally disturbed that some members took such great lengths to find his name, school, speculate about purple and even post his photo on the internet.

I do not condone his actions, as I do know the value of my one's own photos, but posting his picture with the words "THIS PERSON IS A LEECHER" leans on the side of vindictiveness, don't you think?

Once again, he is sorry for what he has done and wishes to apologise for what he has done. I hope that the misunderstanding behind those pictures and their posting on his flickr account will be cleared with this post. People make mistakes sometimes, and if they're willing to admit and sort out the error, then we should let bygones be bygones. =)

Best regards,
    QX

timber - well, its nice of him to take down the pics... but, IMO, he shld be man enuf to come out and apologize. dunno how the rest feel, but from 5.02pm till now 9.49pm (as i'm typing), he had 4+hrs to delete the pics, hide his tracks etc.... dat simply suck.

a little too little too late, IMO.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Deregistered

Dear all,

Thanks +evenstar for informing me about the situation. I've been very busy these few weeks with commontests (died in Bio and Maths already). I have spoken to him and he has deleted all photos from his account and closed it.

He explained that he liked the photos alot and wanted to be able to access them easily under one account, hence the posting of pictures on his flickr page. He apologises for the inconvenience and misunderstanding caused in this forum but hopes that you guys understand that he never intended to state that the pictures were his in the first place.

While I appreciate that forum members appreciate intellectual property rights and are averse to "ripping off" images from another website, I am personally disturbed that some members took such great lengths to find his name, school, speculate about purple and even post his photo on the internet.

I do not condone his actions, as I do know the value of my one's own photos, but posting his picture with the words "THIS PERSON IS A LEECHER" leans on the side of vindictiveness, don't you think?

Once again, he is sorry for what he has done and wishes to apologise for what he has done. I hope that the misunderstanding behind those pictures and their posting on his flickr account will be cleared with this post. People make mistakes sometimes, and if they're willing to admit and sort out the error, then we should let bygones be bygones. =)

Best regards,
    QX
    And you bought his story?

Oh well, it's your call

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    if evenstar managed to contact timber_wolf... prata will have a warm welcome to school tomorrow...
    Who knows?

Prata is being seriously flammed here....

Deregistered

timber - well, its nice of him to take down the pics... but, IMO, he shld be man enuf to come out and apologize. dunno how the rest feel, but from 5.02pm till now 9.49pm (as i'm typing), he had 4+hrs to delete the pics, hide his tracks etc.... dat simply suck.

He was online 14 mins ago.

Hello nightwolf,
    I've not been following this thread due to my commontests, but I only reached home at 9.30 which is when +evenstar informed me about this thread and the errant photos. Do tell me about what happened?

QX

Edit: He will be posting a public apology shortly.
    Chill people.

Dear all,

Best regards,
    QX
    Thank you for clarifying the issue Timber Wolf. However, it would be better of him to personally apologize to the respective parties whose pictures were misused, dont you think so too? "he never intended to state that the pictures were his in the first place" if you look through the history of his threads in cs, you will know that he posted quite a few pictures that didnt belong to him and stating that he took them. HERE. Cheers.

Dear all,

Best regards,
    QX
    lol, biology. FROG MUSCLES LIKE OMG what were they thinking. I heard your maths paper was killer too, lol. Have fun with Physics.

Dear all,

Best regards,
    QX

get him here and say those magical words la.

some members here are not what they might make themselves out to be la. just a'lil more harsh on the outside.

and some of them might not just let this issue go off so easily, esp. when someone took their works and passed off as that person's own, well, it does not, in my view, look at all 'liked the photos alot and wanted to be able to access them easily under one account'.

that's baloney and bulls to me. well, it might not be to u.

let bygones be bygones? can la... get him in here and talk to the rest la.
    if this drags on, there might be private civilian lawsuit.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

AWWWWWWWWW.....come on, cut him some slack man. and enjoy ur own roti prata! he painstakingly lugged a 300mm and took 2gb of shots man. take until hdsik no space man. and u guys r flaming him? give that man some credit!(that man, meaning philiptan and the others from a.net )

Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    lol, ppl like me. coz everytime i go airport will end up shooting almost 2gb and i store all of them good or bad. my hdd left 700+mb only, time to upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    get him here and say those magical words la.

some members here are not what they might make themselves out to be la. just a'lil more harsh on the outside.

and some of them might not just let this issue go off so easily, esp. when someone took their works and passed off as that person's own, well, it does not, in my view, look at all 'liked the photos alot and wanted to be able to access them easily under one account'.

that's baloney and bulls to me. well, it might not be to u.

let bygones be bygones? can la... get him in here and talk to the rest la.
    if this drags on, there might be private civilian lawsuit.
    Roger that. I saw some newer posts and the examples of his plagarism. As posted above, he is currently writing a public apology and will be posting it very soon.

Cheers
    QX

hi timber wolf. was content to just eat popcorn and watch this thread, but his "explanation" to you really pushed me over the edge.

if you read the thread that klose just linked, you'll see that he not only posted someone else's picture under his APAD thread, he then proceeded to talk about how he got in the cockpit, what kind of cutlery etc.

if all he wanted to do was to collect pix in one place, then why'd he take the effort to crop out the watermark in the original pix? the facts speak for themselves.

i understand that as his club president you may feel the need to stand by him and try to be fair. but if someone wants forgiveness, they must be sincere in their apologies, and not come up with half-baked (ok bad joke) excuses.

*edit - sorry, just saw your latest post.
    Last edited by pai; 21st March 2006 at 10:01 PM.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Roger that. I saw some newer posts and the examples of his plagarism. As posted above, he is currently writing a public apology and will be posting it very soon.

Cheers
    QX
    no problem la...
    but A.net seems intent to bring on a private lawsuit...?

all the best to him...

might be.. too little too late.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Cheers
    QX
    Tell him A.net treats this type of cases very seriously and may take legal action. A public apology may work for some but A.net?

Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    The EDMW (Eat-Drink-Man-Woman) section is more addictive than kopitiam
    Thanks Klose, I will check that out when I get a chance
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

wonder how come pple will do this ..
    the cat will be out of the bag sooner or later

I'm stating the obvious, but you do know now that he was trying to pull a fast one on you, and that given the effort he's been putting to cover his tracks, he's merely writing the apology because he has truly got nowhere to run.

Hello. I've called roti_prata. He cannot post from his account and hence has created the account "clone_roti_prata" and apologised in the thread here.

This has been an unpleasant and unfortunate incident and I hope that his apology will be sufficient resolution for all parties.

To +evenstar:
    I appreciate it that you informed me about the thread, but I would like to make it clear to all parties that what roti_prata did was on a personal basis, and that RJC Photography Club has no involvement whatsoever in his actions.

Thank you,
    QX

Timberwolf, If I were you, I would not buy his story.
    I don't believe that he copied the photos into his account just for him to access it with more convenience, because if he did, why the need to remove the 'airliners.net' watermark?
    He has also stated in another thread that the photos were taken by him, and that it were some of ''his'' better photos.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast