Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SLR to DSLR

Default Re: SLR to DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    So does that mean for slides, a lower ASA speed like 50 or 100 is the best for all conditions?
    In general, lower ASA rated films will give you sharper pictures, much finer (sometimes not discernable) grain, better colour saturation etc. In short, you will get higher quality prints from lower ASA films.

That said, both high and low speed films have a place in photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Shooting without loading film?? Then i think might as well don't shoot at all

Anyway i usually don't print out my pics as all are scanned into a CD. I suppose it's a compromise between cost and quality.
    Yeah.. If you don't print it's still about $0.15 per image or thereabouts for the film and processing. That is still easily $7500 for 50000 shots. Bottomline is shoot digital as if it's not free.

As for shooting without film, I don't know if it will be that evident now because a large number of people are already using digital. In the pre-digital days about 15 years back, I observed, there are people who can just click and click away during those photographic outings and hit more than 50 shots without even the need to change film, so you think they loaded any? More likely they are there just to show off their equipment because they can't take good pictures. Some of them I have never seen any of their pictures at all.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 20th March 2006 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    Yeah.. If you don't print it's still about $0.15 per image or thereabouts for the film and processing. That is still easily $7500 for 50000 shots. Bottomline is shoot digital as if it's not free.

As for shooting without film, I don't know if it will be that evident now because a large number of people are already using digital. In the pre-digital days about 15 years back, I observed, there are people who can just click and click away during those photographic outings and hit more than 50 shots without even the need to change film, so you think they loaded any? More likely they are there just to show off their equipment because they can't take good pictures. Some of them I have never seen any of their pictures at all.
    If I'm not wrong Dynax 5 allowed 40 exposure film. I personally havn't seen such film.

Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    If I'm not wrong Dynax 5 allowed 40 exposure film. I personally havn't seen such film.
    Nah.. Most of them are using Leica, Contax, Nikon and Canon. With a handful of them using Praktica with home made lens hoods.. One of them even had a black cloth attached ala large format view camera!! There are wierd people around..
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 20th March 2006 at 10:31 AM.

Maybe they bulk rolled their film?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by smtan24
    I've not seen a 40 exposure film as well. Maximum so far sold in a roll is 36.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Nah.. Most of them are using Leica, Contax, Nikon and Canon. With a handful of them using Praktica with home made lens hoods.. One of them even had a black cloth attached ala large format view camera!! There are wierd people around..
    Oh yes there are indeed. Some i saw have funny attachments to their cameras. I've even seen a guy using those old boxy 2-lens camera (dunno what it's called but one lens is for focusing and the other for taking) during the Big Boyz Toyz event!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123