Thread: minolta Dimage 7Hi Vs Olympus E20P

Default minolta Dimage 7Hi Vs Olympus E20P

Hi.

I'm trying to make a choice between this 2 cameras. Price aside, what's the major differences between these cameras? Which would be a better buy?

Will appreciate if users of these cameras can give feedback on the pros and cons of each too.

thanks.

Default Re: minolta Dimage 7Hi Vs Olympus E20P

Originally posted by triston
    Hi.

I'm trying to make a choice between this 2 cameras. Price aside, what's the major differences between these cameras? Which would be a better buy?

Will appreciate if users of these cameras can give feedback on the pros and cons of each too.

thanks.
    I think I like both cameras. Both are good investments. The advantage of E20 is obviously it's large EVF. Dimage can be a real pain sometimes to view. It's just too time comsuming to enlarge the image to check whether it's sharp or not. Other than that. It's a pretty neat camera. DimageHI the only version with sync funtion for external light control(if i'm not wrong). I'm not too sure whether E20 has that.

But I really like the weight of E20. It feels better on a whole as a camera. Dimage is filmsy. Too light and may result in bluring images. The tendency for handshake is high.

Apart from that, I don't really like the manual focusing of dimage. Maybe I'm too used to traditional camera which gives me full control. the control for manual focus is actually some preset focusing which you have to select. I find that kind of stupid. You may have to check on the E20 for this bit.

From my point of view, dimage is more suitable to be used for studio works. For photojournal, it's not hard enough for speed and precision. Though it still can be used, it's not as friendly. E20 on the other hand looks much better. I don't know about it's functions though.

I don't really have any experience with E20 but that's what I can tell you about the dimage. Ask someone whom have use E20 to give u a better review.