Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Reservists, RTs....!!!

Default Re: Reservists, RTs....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djork
    your green booklet is the only proof that you completed the ICTs if it's not listed in the so called e booklet...
    They have totally stopped using green booklet already. That's what happened during my last in-camp.
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    They have totally stopped using green booklet already. That's what happened during my last in-camp.
    i let u know after my reservist..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

really but i was given one when i ord-ed last year leh hahaha.....

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35
    Any idea reservist units, the section radio set, still using PRC 732 ?
    During my NSF days 5-6 yrs back, saw reservist SIR unit using some radio set machim motorola walkie talkie size. Was told same range as the PRC732 set..
    Should have? Me in Div, not sure what the units using. I only know for sure, 800 and 900 series have plus the GPS units.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    yah... my time not too long ago lah think we r abt 2 or 3 batches before they started crash course instead of 2 mths to complete SOS they were crashed to 6 weeks or 4 weeks depending on PES status.... my batch is the errr..... nov/dec 1995....Wow... cant believe it this yr celebrating 11yr anniversery...

Wat i meant is for local ex. sometime we use our series of signal sets
    As for Overseas ...... my PC will come n ask me u wan to go? my ans. to him is always the same NO, he then say ok!

So all in all, i siam hmm......3 thai, 2prc n 2 aust n in between overseas att. wif OCS .....
    icic. I'm about 4 years later than you. Haha local ex, almost everyone uses HP. lol. For overseas, ROC is fun, you got chance, should go. PRC is China leh, dun think have. Oversea ex, the radio set really prove to be impt. The Sig officer (In Div case is my CO for the Div commander) is under a lot of pressure to get the links up. No comms, no EX.

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    WWII and 800 series still ok. If you have to carry 900 series... siao liao... super heavy man.

Cheers
    John
    I carried it once during trainee days. Walk for 10K, after that, i drop like a sack of potatoes!

WWII and 800 series still ok. If you have to carry 900 series... siao liao... super heavy man.

Cheers
    John
    Huh.. i thought to me heaviest is WWII series then 900 then 800 series...

you should still keep it just in case there are any discrepancies. i saw a few cases before and u won't want to throw that booklet away.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    really but i was given one when i ord-ed last year leh hahaha.....
    Yah... green book they r no longer using le...

But 1 thing goood abt using green book for inprocess if u are alittle late is ok becos the Q is really long but then the whole proccess is long by the time finish n when u get ur bunk is almost 1000hrs or 1030hrs inpro time is 0730hrs... imagine the wait ...
    but inpro use ebooklet earlist by 0830hrs all in bunk ZZzzzz......

the good thing for ebooklet is when out pro it is so fast less then 1hr whole battlion is out of the camp le....

Depending on which unit u r in lor... my unit is not using PRC 732 le ... we r using the one i mention earlier ... which is much lighter, slimer then the 732, got ear piece, frequency setting can be beam to other sets usin the IR function. user friendly n batt is very expensive abt $600.
    last ex our bravo nearly sign 1206 for 2 missing batt in the end we found them ...

I see, ya this is the one i'm talking about, using ear piece. Wah, so damn ex the battery. If ICT using it, better triple black tape the spare battery. Titanium battery huh..

Huh.. i thought to me heaviest is WWII series then 900 then 800 series...
    No really. WWII may be big but they are not heavy. 900 series looks small (but not smaller than 800) but they weigh so much heavy. Think it is the type of metal used for the body of the equipment. I could easily bring the WWII vehicle set to the third level of the shelf but have to get my friend if I want put the 900 vehicle set on the same level.

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35
    I see, ya this is the one i'm talking about, using ear piece. Wah, so damn ex the battery. If ICT using it, better triple black tape the spare battery. Titanium battery huh..
    ya... beta secure properly especially going thro bashing, river crossing dun drop into the river....

No really. WWII may be big but they are not heavy. 900 series looks small (but not smaller than 800) but they weigh so much heavy. Think it is the type of metal used for the body of the equipment. I could easily bring the WWII vehicle set to the third level of the shelf but have to get my friend if I want put the 900 vehicle set on the same level.

Cheers
    John
    900 vehicular set is about 46kg. (With stand/mount and amp) I can carry it up a unimog but siong, can carry only twice at a shot. To install 6 sets, need my buddy and 3SG to help carry.

count down.. 12 more days ... haiz...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Omegapoint
    Guests

O.k

Fellow Reservists

I'll be in tight spot soon in two weeks time.Rod'ed in 94 . Then left Singapore in 98 up till now.I only managed to get the first exit permit for 6 months. but i was not able to return to Singapore to renew the thing for the next 6 1/2 years.Plus the local embassy has never been helpful.As yes work commitments prevented me from returning home.

On communications with CMPB replies are always those templates/automated standard copy paste replies that they must have used for thousands others like me that has no personal touch but just plain cold replies.

On a certain columns of the mails I 've been advised to report to NSDM Branch the date/time of my return to avoid "embarrassment" at the airport. This being said a fellow ex Provost captain here advised me to get a written documentation for the safe passage at the airport as regardless of informing in advance to the NSDM Branch . I will still be arrested at the airport and will be "court marshaled" for the Exit Permit defaulter offence upon arrival.

Any views on this. Who has the truth of the situation? NSDM Branch says i'll walk free and just report at my own convenience and a retired Provost Captain advised the vise versa.

My only concern is my luggage lah if they straight away charge me then i should just return with the just clothes on my back and if i can walk past and report days later then at least i can bring along a luggage bag on the return fight.

Talking Re: Reservists, RTs....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegapoint
    On communications with CMPB replies are always those templates/automated standard copy paste replies that they must have used for thousands others like me that has no personal touch but just plain cold replies
    army is like that one .... don't write...call and talk to someone. 1800-eMINDEF (1800-364 6333), http://***-helponline.juzcall.com.sg...pp65/index.htm

call and talk to a human....

Quote Originally Posted by sunfish
    army is like that one .... don't write...call and talk to someone. 1800-eMINDEF (1800-364 6333), http://***-helponline.juzcall.com.sg...pp65/index.htm

call and talk to a human....
    hehehe...the 3 letter word has been masked off , anyway call that number lah.

Omegapoint
    Guests

Sweet... monday looks like a good time then to call then

Quote Originally Posted by Omegapoint
    Sweet... monday looks like a good time then to call then
    Ya call them let us know the outcome! Hope everything turn out to be ok!

Omegapoint
    Guests

Still no time to call today Monday is a busy time off the week by the time i'm free it's way past working hours in singapore gotta do first thing in tuesday.. I'm having mental strees of what to expect

Now my turn kenna liao. Overseas EX! 02-11-06 to 23-11-06

Anyone going during this period? I got no idea where is this EX.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Now my turn kenna liao. Overseas EX! 02-11-06 to 23-11-06

Anyone going during this period? I got no idea where is this EX.
    21days... Yo bro... signallers mostly either thai. or aust. not much place ... snice no more going taiwan le....Or u go website check lor... later nt now trianing prog should be there....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast