Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reservists, RTs....!!!

Default Re: Reservists, RTs....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    U confirm never do river-crossing before huh..
    hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    hmm... boatman a new vocation to me what u do huh? stiring assualt boat?
    well, boatman vocation is tough..

got to tahan the sun, sea and wind..

Now no more green booklet already.. Now they use e-green booklet..
    Went for ICT last June and SAF is so high tech now.. Instead of dropping chips at the cookhouse, u scan ur 11B.. And even the tonners have cushion at the back and driver's seat is air-conditioned.. They should have air-conditioned it aeons ago..
    your green booklet is the only proof that you completed the ICTs if it's not listed in the so called e booklet...
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

From Brigade can? Active - 8 SAB, Reservist 1st yr - 8 AETC, 2nd yr onwards 327 SCE. Downgraded! but still a signaller!
    Armour bde? haha. If i'm not wrong, 8SAB is under 3 Div rite? Got downgrade meh? 327SCE also combat? The only downgrade i see is from bde level to unit level. lol. Whats 8 AETC BTW? If cannot tell, nvm, i understand.

U confirm never do river-crossing before huh..
    Bro i signaller lei...

I think once when in active days got attached to one of the reservist guard unit err.. cant remember which one... follow them in the assault boat then after which i remember lost 1 of the life jacket i was carrying, nearly went to heli-repel wif them din go cos not trian...

In jan reservist supposed to attached to one of the platoon to do river-crossing but got injured before the exercise begin...

Bro i signaller lei...

I think once when in active days got attached to one of the reservist guard unit err.. cant remember which one... follow them in the assault boat then after which i remember lost 1 of the life jacket i was carrying, nearly went to heli-repel wif them din go cos not trian...

In jan reservist supposed to attached to one of the platoon to do river-crossing but got injured before the exercise begin...
    reservist still need to do river crossing ??

do where ??

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Armour bde? haha. If i'm not wrong, 8SAB is under 3 Div rite? Got downgrade meh? 327SCE also combat? The only downgrade i see is from bde level to unit level. lol. Whats 8 AETC BTW? If cannot tell, nvm, i understand.
    Got downgrade! from brigade HQ to coy HQ in 8AETC to coy HQ to platoon HQ in 327 SCE heng ... the las one in Jan upgrade back to battlion HQ coy

The officer i follow oso down grade: from 3 crab to 2 crab to 1 crab n 2 kitkat bars

If i remember correctly is 8 amour engineer training center...

got i think is in yishun or mandai area cant rem le...

The reservist guard one is oso in mandai, i think.... the heli - repel in yishun an empty plot of land...

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    reservist still need to do river crossing ??

do where ??
    this sort of things depends one wat

Got downgrade! from brigade HQ to coy HQ in 8AETC to coy HQ to platoon HQ in 327 SCE heng ... the las one in Jan upgrade back to battlion HQ coy

The officer i follow oso down grade: from 3 crab to 2 crab to 1 crab n 2 kitkat bars

If i remember correctly is 8 amour engineer training center...
    Haha so your downgrade is the level you're in la. Not medical downgrade. So now you must carry the manpack set? Siong leh!

My reservist unit supporting GDS also.

Haha so your downgrade is the level you're in la. Not medical downgrade. So now you must carry the manpack set? Siong leh!

My reservist unit supporting GDS also.
    Ya lor.... manpack onli platoon level in HQ no need only man comm. hav pinic there

Manpack 800series is ok 847 rite? as long as not the WWII set can already dat one can really kill wat set is dat...... is it PRC 47set???

supporting them is ok lah quite fun during active time got attached 2 time the most siong part is travelling time tro n back 3hrs gone dat is siong... Tg Gul camp

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    this sort of things depends one wat
    Sure have one if unit fighting for RECON 1 n best unit like my unit lah ... in our 2nd yr we already tio best unit

This yr oso quite close to become best unit n close to RECON 1 so CO is pushing hard esp this sept will be having Change of command parade change CO another on the ball one

Ya lor.... manpack onli platoon level in HQ no need only man comm. hav pinic there

Manpack 800series is ok 847 rite? as long as not the WWII set can already dat one can really kill wat set is dat...... is it PRC 47set???

supporting them is ok lah quite fun during active time got attached 2 time the most siong part is travelling time tro n back 3hrs gone dat is siong... Tg Gul camp
    Manpack 800 is 840. 847 is vehicular. lol the WW11 is a HF set. Big and heavy. But i long time din touch these sets liao. Use mainly in unit level. 900 series also got.

Manpack 800 is 840. 847 is vehicular. lol the WW11 is a HF set. Big and heavy. But i long time din touch these sets liao. Use mainly in unit level. 900 series also got.
    Oh ya hor...left the series(840,847...) in camp when outpro
    900series onli in school den we use it we r the 2nd batch to learn them.

Sometimes we also used other set like K300i , 6210....(depending on indivdual preference) when cant get comms through or when need fast respond

went back 2mths ago now they gt a new handheld set gt GPRS one.... set freq 1 person set can liao den beam to the rest sets via IR....

Oh ya hor...left the series(840,847...) in camp when outpro
    900series onli in school den we use it we r the 2nd batch to learn them.

Sometimes we also used other set like K300i , 6210....(depending on indivdual preference) when cant get comms through or when need fast respond

went back 2mths ago now they gt a new handheld set gt GPRS one.... set freq 1 person set can liao den beam to the rest sets via IR....
    2nd batch to learn 900 series? Quite long ago liao? I also dunno when it was used in SAF.

Heh heh got oversea ex no HP liao la. Can buy their card but ex. No one willing to buy except commanders.

Hmm.....in Div level, there're many more gadgets/electronics in Sig you/many ppl din see before wan. But i cannot list them here. Classified and so is my unit too.

Any idea reservist units, the section radio set, still using PRC 732 ?
    During my NSF days 5-6 yrs back, saw reservist SIR unit using some radio set machim motorola walkie talkie size. Was told same range as the PRC732 set..

2nd batch to learn 900 series? Quite long ago liao? I also dunno when it was used in SAF.

Heh heh got oversea ex no HP liao la. Can buy their card but ex. No one willing to buy except commanders.

Hmm.....in Div level, there're many more gadgets/electronics in Sig you/many ppl din see before wan. But i cannot list them here. Classified and so is my unit too.
    yah... my time not too long ago lah think we r abt 2 or 3 batches before they started crash course instead of 2 mths to complete SOS they were crashed to 6 weeks or 4 weeks depending on PES status.... my batch is the errr..... nov/dec 1995....Wow... cant believe it this yr celebrating 11yr anniversery...

Wat i meant is for local ex. sometime we use our series of signal sets
    As for Overseas ...... my PC will come n ask me u wan to go? my ans. to him is always the same NO, he then say ok!

So all in all, i siam hmm......3 thai, 2prc n 2 aust n in between overseas att. wif OCS .....

WWII and 800 series still ok. If you have to carry 900 series... siao liao... super heavy man.

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35
    Any idea reservist units, the section radio set, still using PRC 732 ?
    During my NSF days 5-6 yrs back, saw reservist SIR unit using some radio set machim motorola walkie talkie size. Was told same range as the PRC732 set..
    Depending on which unit u r in lor... my unit is not using PRC 732 le ... we r using the one i mention earlier ... which is much lighter, slimer then the 732, got ear piece, frequency setting can be beam to other sets usin the IR function. user friendly n batt is very expensive abt $600.
    last ex our bravo nearly sign 1206 for 2 missing batt in the end we found them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Hee hee hee. Me from 23SA a long time ago too, but will ROD (not ORD) this March end. You going back for siong siong training very soon? I was doing my MUT last week, helped with some admin stuff, prepared letters that were sent out to people like you last week. Very soon you will be like me.
    Wah you have the training schedule already eh ?? Ya lor my in-camp is this coming April

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast